The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Kellan Lain Talk

Joel Heyman

I"ll take Sestito over Weise any day of the week.

For what reason? Weise is one of the best skaters on the team, and can also play on the PK. Also has a very high compete level. The reason the poster above suggested those three together is cause they all skate well, all are great defensively and can also all play the body. Sestito won't fit into that identity, he is much slower, and cannot play the PK.

For what reason? Weise is one of the best skaters on the team, and can also play on the PK. Also has a very high compete level. The reason the poster above suggested those three together is cause they all skate well, all are great defensively and can also all play the body. Sestito won't fit into that identity, he is much slower, and cannot play the PK.

Weise is next to useless in long term stance on the team. Has been very frustrating to watch him play this often on this team. While Sestito has played less games but appeared to be more of a safer pick to have on the fourth offensively, even with his size. Which leads to having his size as a major addition and presence when having smaller guys on his line. Moves himself very well for someone with his stature.

Weise is next to useless in long term stance on the team. Has been very frustrating to watch him play this often on this team. While Sestito has played less games but appeared to be more of a safer pick to have on the fourth offensively, even with his size. Which leads to having his size as a major addition and presence when having smaller guys on his line. Moves himself very well for someone with his stature.

Weise can play in the top 9 from time to time. He has some stuff to work on but he plays all parts of the ice. Sestito doesn't PK, skate fast, forecheck hard, move up and down the lineup. Weise is a speedy winger who can produce points while being a physical presence.

I think Lain needs another year or so in the AHL. While he does have great mobility and faceoff skills, he needs to be sincerely mean, and his positioning in the defensive zone needs a little bit of work. While its kind of to be expected, as he was adjusting to the Pro game right out of college, there were moments when he sort of lost his check.

4.2 mil playing on the fourth line is a horrible use of cap space.

It would be repeating the Ballard situation all over again, except this time the cap is even lower.

Well don't tell me that, tell Booth to step up his game above Higgins, Burrows, Schroeder, Hansen, Kassian and he may be in the top 9 but I think he is the worst out of the 6. If he is playing on the 4th line, we need to get rid of him because we can get a cheaper 4th liner.

I had to watch this again, it's just too good

I really like the way this kid plays if he can do it consistently, he's hard to knock off the puck, he's a good shot blocker (recovers well too), he hits hard but not stupid (no dumb penalties, doesn't take himself out of position) and he's got really quick feet for a big man. He's a way better skater than Steckel and probably FrankenBoyle. I love the way he helps out the D too, it looks like a 3rd D man the size of Pronger is out there.

He might not take the 4C right out of camp but I expect him to play a significant role this year. That highlight reel is cherry picked obviously but there's no denying that kid has a pro game in him. He might be able to pack on 10-15 more lbs but he still looks fairly physically mature as well.

Hopefully someone at the scrimmages in camp can tell us how he looks this fall. Full summer of training, and a good camp with some real NHL guys will give him some nice experience and development hopefully :)

I still say if he works as hard as he does in this highlight real 75-80% of the time, Torts will love him. If he earns it, he will play, and THAT is what I love about this year.

I can't wait to see who actually steps up and EARNS a spot playing regular minuets.

Well don't tell me that, tell Booth to step up his game above Higgins, Burrows, Schroeder, Hansen, Kassian and he may be in the top 9 but I think he is the worst out of the 6. If he is playing on the 4th line, we need to get rid of him because we can get a cheaper 4th liner.

Unfortunate injuries =/= poor play. He's actually got some of the best underlying numbers on the team when he's not being injured by dirty plays.

Ie: His game already is "stepped up". He simply needs some luck staying healthy/not getting injured by other players. I'd say he's overdue for some.

Unfortunate injuries =/= poor play. He's actually got some of the best underlying numbers on the team when he's not being injured by dirty plays.

Ie: His game already is "stepped up". He simply needs some luck staying healthy/not getting injured by other players. I'd say he's overdue for some.

Yep. Booth is a Corsi hog on good possession team, even when playing with players of lesser ability. A line of Booth-Kesler-Burrows with a healthy Kes and Booth would be an absolute nightmare to matchup against.

When healthy, Booth is a better player than Higgins, Schroeder, Hansen and Kassian. When he returns, he'll be on the 3/4 line to get his legs, and then he'll be the 2nd line LW.

Seriously?! Weise is a sick fourth liner. He has speed size and good hands. For the record I like what both bring cuz they are similar, I jus think Weise is the better player right now

Sick hands? I don't know what player you've been watching for the passed few years but Weise's hands are stone. Very frustrating player to watch, especially with the puck. Sestito may be slower but has better hands and hockey IQ. Knows how to control and protect the puck better.

Archived