204 replies to this topic

#151 SamJamIam

SamJamIam

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 5,172 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:26 PM

...he used to be an NHL player, and avid bowhunter, but then he took an arrow to the ankle...

I feel bad for the guy but I still had to laugh. Well played sir

Keswho.jpg

#152 Hockey Fever

Hockey Fever

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2,832 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

When it comes to Booth and his Religious aspect,he went about things the wrong way and that is why people get their backs up.
You could say he went about his past time(hunting) in the same manner,he didnt help his cause much at all.
When you push a agenda and it becomes obvious to people,people take offense to it and you get a backlash.
He got a chapel for his fellow Christians next to the locker room. I have yet to see that go down on a work site anywhere that isnt already religiously connected. So it does come across odd to me that he had a need to get that done.
Same deal with the hunting,by all means hunt! Just be sensitive that most people living in a City do not understand where food comes from and frown on it like they do pipelines. Im getting off topic..lol

It breaks down to live and let live,but dont presume whats good for you is good for all.

Well said my friend.

Posted Image

NHL Wikipedia : Operates Major Ice Hockey League known for predetermining Stanley Cup winners and rampant corrupt officiating

"I would love for (the Canucks) to win the Stanley Cup because that would put to bed all the talk about 1994", he says facetiously".
Nathan Lafayette on hitting the post in game seven of the Stanley Cup.

#153 Quoted

Quoted

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,472 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:30 PM

Still nothing official on the injury?

#154 Thirteen

Thirteen

Canucks Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 9,314 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

If he is ever traded I would think its when he is healthy, I dont think he will be bought out. Too early and he has shown some spark. Training camp and October is where he has to prove he wants to play here, show the management he can play. If he doesnt show up just give him away. Cant keep hanging onto players who dont improve and keep growing even with injuries.

MG better have a trade set, this depth is not looking all that great for a long playoff run.

Posted ImageWooooooooooooooooooooooo!Posted Image

Posted Image
Favorites: Sir. KesLord , Kaner, Stammer, Toes & Pavelski

#155 english_14

english_14

K-Wing Regular

• Members
  • PipPip
  • 24 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 03:37 PM

That was a $4.25 million dollar empty net goal the other night

More money than a fan can win if they get the million dollar shot during the intermission.... and none of the net was blocked off either.

#156 Truckin

Truckin

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 260 posts

Posted 19 March 2013 - 06:29 PM

Still nothing official on the injury?

TSN was reporting "sprained ankle out indefinitely".

#157 canucks4life83

canucks4life83

K-Wing Star

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 80 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:13 AM

Booth is too fragile

Who isn't lately, geesh.

Posted Image

#158 Dildo Faggins

Dildo Faggins

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 609 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:26 AM

That's funny, he got $4.25 million for an empty net goal this season. :lol:

What's not funny is that we paid 4.25 mil for an empty net goal. lol.

#159 grandmaster

grandmaster

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,703 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:23 AM

Such a shame. Many of us got so excited when he first came here. Booth has proven to have been way overrated. I wish we never made that trade.

Favorite all time Canuck: Bertuzzi 2002-2003 season
Most clutch all time Canuck: Linden 1994 Stanley Cup Playoffs
Most exciting all time Canuck: Pavel Bure 90's

#160 Bodee

Bodee

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 5,257 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 04:41 AM

Sad thing is...he was one of best players when he playing. Wasn't scoring, but his effort was far better then most.

Yeh? well his effort NEVER matched Raymond's but how much slack did he get on here? There are a hell of a lot of hypocrites on these boards.
Booth could have been so much better for us but he never wanted to pass the puck. That is the kiss of death for any line.

Did you see our goals last night? Raymond passed early to give Hansen the best advantage possible. Schroeder swivelled and gave a pass to Weise that totally mesmerised the Blues D.....and what a sweet move by Weise to dupe the goalie. These are things Booth obviously failed to pick up in his formative years but it is what makes you a player at this level.

He's NOT a Kesler...............he's not good enough to be greedy.
Kevin.jpg

#161 DownUndaCanuck

DownUndaCanuck

Canucks Franchise Player

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 12,592 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:02 AM

Yeh? well his effort NEVER matched Raymond's but how much slack did he get on here? There are a hell of a lot of hypocrites on these boards.
Booth could have been so much better for us but he never wanted to pass the puck. That is the kiss of death for any line.

Did you see our goals last night? Raymond passed early to give Hansen the best advantage possible. Schroeder swivelled and gave a pass to Weise that totally mesmerised the Blues D.....and what a sweet move by Weise to dupe the goalie. These are things Booth obviously failed to pick up in his formative years but it is what makes you a player at this level.

He's NOT a Kesler...............he's not good enough to be greedy.

I'm going to make this short and simple - those plays that Raymond and Schroeder made against the Blues will NEVER work in the playoffs. Playoff hockey is a whole different breed. There is tighter checking, it's more physical and passes like that do not get through.

Meanwhile, Booth plays playoff hockey. He hogs the puck, yes, but he drives it hard to the net. If someone like Raymond or Schroeder tried that they'd get their bodies broken by defencemen. Booth is one of the few Canuck forwards big and strong enough to do so, and come playoff time that's the only way we're going to score.

We need Booth in the playoffs or this team doesn't go very far.
Posted Image

#162 missioncanucksfan

missioncanucksfan

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,388 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 05:54 AM

Is it protocol to clean out somebody's locker if they have a season ending injury?

Well he most likely grabbed the 30-30 and ammo and saftey vest and elk pee...... Lol

#163 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,815 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 08:29 AM

I'm going to make this short and simple - those plays that Raymond and Schroeder made against the Blues will NEVER work in the playoffs. Playoff hockey is a whole different breed. There is tighter checking, it's more physical and passes like that do not get through.

Meanwhile, Booth plays playoff hockey. He hogs the puck, yes, but he drives it hard to the net. If someone like Raymond or Schroeder tried that they'd get their bodies broken by defencemen. Booth is one of the few Canuck forwards big and strong enough to do so, and come playoff time that's the only way we're going to score.

Have I ever mentioned I hate absolutes? I know people don't mean them 100%, but there are still finesse plays in the playoffs. It'll certainly be harder for Raymond and Schroeder to do so without someone to create space for them, but it'll also be harder for Booth to finish on plays - something he has had trouble doing in the regular season even though he was creating chances.

Booth is an energy guy with a pretty good skillset, better than that of your typical bottom six grinder. His hockey sense doesn't have to be sky high if he fits with someone who can make plays, but that's why he and Kesler need more of a playmaker if they are still paired together in the playoffs. Maybe Schroeder is that guy since both Booth and Kesler are fast and big enough to create space, or maybe we find an upgrade. But Booth just driving to the net like he does will be tougher if he's doing it as a one man band without a finish.

He certainly isn't the be all and end all of this team since we went further without him in 2011. We didn't have anyone of his style then apart from Kesler, as Torres didn't have Booth's speed. His cap is an issue, so if we can make a good hockey trade or at least get a good pick/prospect, it's something we have to look at.

What's not funny is that we paid 4.25 mil for an empty net goal. lol.

What's funnier still is we didn't pay anything. In fact, the Aquilini's didn't even pay that much, since his salary is covered by insurance while he's injured.

But go ahead, keep posting the same line about his one goal on every page of this thread.

Edited by elvis15, 20 March 2013 - 08:31 AM.

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#164 *VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

*VaNcOuVeRCaNuCkS*

Lul

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 11,932 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 09:12 AM

If all he has is a sprained ankle (not sure if anything alse has been said) there has got to be another reason his locker has been cleaned out

Posted Image

^Vintage Canuck^

CDC STHS Hockey League Commissioner

CDC STHS Tampa Bay Lightning

#165 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:41 AM

It was pretty obvious it was season ending wasn't it?

There's only like a month and a half left in the season. 4-6 weeks seems to be about the average for most serious injuries, so that would take it to the end of the season. And even then, I doubt they put a player coming back from injury into the lineup during the playoffs.

We did that with Edler in 2011 and he was fine.
Posted Image

#166 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:45 AM

Just look at how many people poke fun at his religion for no reason. Atheists just love to use passive-aggressiveness against Christians. They think Christians are too dumb to realize passive-aggressiveness, or too nice to say anything back. Good for you people. You won the prize.

I'm more like an aggressive-aggressive type. But this thread is about Booth and I like Booth so I'll STFU.
Posted Image

#167 CB007

CB007

Canucks First-Line

• Members
  • 6,661 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 10:46 AM

Someone please tell me why a sprained ankle would lead the team to clean out his locker room.

Either he has a more serious injury or his locker is not cleaned out.
Posted Image

#168 ashbury

ashbury

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 419 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:07 PM

Booth, Luongo and Ballard for E. Kane and Bogosian!!

:frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic: :frantic:

#169 darnucks

darnucks

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,058 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:17 PM

And that's why the NHL is considered a bush league by so many people world wide. The only sport where rules and style of play change once the playoffs start instead of just the intensity ramping up.
Of course with the way officiating has been this season I'm not sure what the rules are anymore.

#170 Erik Karlsson

Erik Karlsson

Canucks Second-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 4,997 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:21 PM

If all he has is a sprained ankle (not sure if anything alse has been said) there has got to be another reason his locker has been cleaned out

It's only a sprained ankle? Hmm, must be more to it.

Is it just me or are there more problems behind the scenes with this team then close to any other team?

Gillis and AV just piss me off. Don't understand why they can't just come out and tell people what's actually going on.

But AV only likes to do that when he's calling his players out.

They just usually end up making more drama around this team.

m97o1w.jpg

Credit to Parise11

#171 cbdoubleu

cbdoubleu

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:28 PM

David Booth plays playoff hockey, or more exactly, has played in playoff hockey games 5 times.

People defending his "contributions" to the team. He generates chances!? That's what you expect from a 5 million dollar player you're giving a significant role to?

Posted Image
An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience

- Mitch Hedberg

#172 cbdoubleu

cbdoubleu

Canucks Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 1,411 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:30 PM

Posted Image
An escalator can never break: it can only become stairs. You would never see an Escalator Temporarily Out Of Order sign, just Escalator Temporarily Stairs. Sorry for the convenience

- Mitch Hedberg

#173 iLLmAtlc

iLLmAtlc

Comets Star

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 725 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 12:51 PM

Let's face it most of you guys are quite biased against Booth to begin with. He's not getting on the point sheet but he's generating a lot of chacnes, the objective evidence supports this.

His Corsi Relative is +15.9, that's 3rd on the team behind the Sedins. That means that when he steps onto the ice, the play turns in Vancouver's favour and only the Sedins are associated with a bigger advantage when they step onto the ice.

http://www.behindthe...34 45 46 63 67#

in addition, when he's on the ice his linemates are shooting at 5.48%, that's in the bottom 5 on the team, indicative of bad luck and contributes to his inability to get on the score sheet.

He's battled injuries and hasn't had a chance to even play a full season with the Canucks yet. Give the guy a chance.

Edited by iLLmAtlc, 20 March 2013 - 12:55 PM.

Posted Image

#174 CanadianRugby

CanadianRugby

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 391 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:07 PM

Man, Booth has just not panned out in Vancity. Luckily we really didn't give anything up for him.

Yeah a 33 goal scorer and $4.5 million of our cap for a 1 goal scorer was worth it! How is this team not as good as it was 2 years ago, I just don't get it.

#175 Gollumpus

Gollumpus

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,936 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Such a shame. Many of us got so excited when he first came here. Booth has proven to have been way overrated. I wish we never made that trade.

So you are wishing that Sturm and Samuelsson weren't traded?

regards,
G.
Following the Canucks since before Don Cherry played here.

#176 elvis15

elvis15

Canucks Hall-of-Famer

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 21,815 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 01:45 PM

Someone please tell me why a sprained ankle would lead the team to clean out his locker room.

Either he has a more serious injury or his locker is not cleaned out.

Everyone's locker is cleaned out today:

VanCanucks
"We just cleared out all the equipment for the road trip" v.canucks.com/10jkYKH

c3c9e9.pnganimalhousesig.jpg

Tanev is going to EDM. I can put my life savings down on it

#177 Bagofcats

Bagofcats

Comets Prospect

• Members
  • PipPipPipPip
  • 138 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:09 PM

Aside from the fact that most atheist look at the Christians as retards (you know it is true), these atheists also love to throw God in their faces when adversity arrives.

"Haha you got no luck. I am glad you suffer. Where is your God now?" :emot-parrot:

Just look at how many people poke fun at his religion for no reason. Atheists just love to use passive-aggressiveness against Christians. They think Christians are too dumb to realize passive-aggressiveness, or too nice to say anything back. Good for you people. You won the prize.

You're avatar is the Philosoraptor and you're defending religion. You should have chosen the Hypocrasuarus.

#178 Raph

Raph

Canucks Regular

• Members
  • 2,592 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:14 PM

It's kinda sad that we kept trying to force Booth to work with Kesler when Hansen and HIggins have risen to be our best wingers on our team. Higgins-Kesler-Hansen would have been an awesome shutdown and scoring line. Then we could've just tried Booth with Hodgson and everyone would've been happy.
Untouchables: Tanev, Jensen, Kassian
Mostly untouchable: Sedins (need someone to man the fort and no trade value)
Open to trade: Everyone else
Drive to airport: Bieksa, Edler

Bring back: Ehrhoff

#179 Melons

Melons

Comets Regular

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPip
  • 451 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:21 PM

It's kinda sad that we kept trying to force Booth to work with Kesler when Hansen and HIggins have risen to be our best wingers on our team. Higgins-Kesler-Hansen would have been an awesome shutdown and scoring line. Then we could've just tried Booth with Hodgson and everyone would've been happy.

Who ees thees "Hodgson" that you speak of?

#180 CHIPS

CHIPS

Canucks Third-Line

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3,787 posts

Posted 20 March 2013 - 02:33 PM

You're avatar is the Philosoraptor and you're defending religion. You should have chosen the Hypocrasuarus.

I was defending humanity, human decency, freedom of opinions and mutual respect instead of religion. Nice try though.

Atheists can claim no God all they want. That doesn't excuse them from not following socially acceptable behaviour.

E.g. See someone hurt=>Haha your God sucks!!!!

Yup. That's how it is.

A lot of atheists tend to have big egos and want to prove themselves superior to the religious. They are so proud of being atheist it is almost funny. And in doing so they lost their humanity. They lost their human decency. They no longer promote freedom of opinions. They no longer have mutual respect for other human beings.

Edited by CHIPS, 20 March 2013 - 02:44 PM.

CanucksvsBruinsPollsmall-1.jpgRogerNeilsonSmall.jpgSig too big. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users

Canucks.com is the official Web site of The Vancouver Canucks. The Vancouver Canucks and Canucks.com are trademarks of The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership.  NHL and the word mark and image of the Stanley Cup are registered trademarks and the NHL Shield and NHL Conference logos are trademarks of the National Hockey League. All NHL logos and marks and NHL team logos and marks as well as all other proprietary materials depicted herein are the property of the NHL and the respective NHL teams and may not be reproduced without the prior written consent of NHL Enterprises, L.P.  Copyright © 2009 The Vancouver Canucks Limited Partnership and the National Hockey League.  All Rights Reserved.