The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Discussion] Roberto Luongo Trade Thread 7.0

Agreed. Brown, for whatever reason, refuses to adjust his game plan even mid-contest. That's the sign of weak coaching IMHO. A coach needs to be a man for all seasons and is required to always look for another tool in his arsenal. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't but you can't refuse to alter your strategy. In war, for a field commander, that gets armies slaughtered.

I've been pretty vocal that Streit is the guy I want. International, big game experience and is solid on both sides of the puck. I consider his on-ice vision to be an A+. He isn't the most skilled player out there but he is one of the savviest.

Seriously Dreger?

There have been big moves, and still moves to come, but the highlight of the trade deadline is the Leafs showing interest in things and possibly doing nothing? :picard:

Toronto Sports Network media at it again...

Seriously Dreger?

There have been big moves, and still moves to come, but the highlight of the trade deadline is the Leafs showing interest in things and possibly doing nothing? :picard:

Toronto Sports Network media at it again...

One thing a guy has gotta remember is Toronto and area is like half of Canada population wise.

If I ran TSN I would probably do the same.

I have no faith in this deal, Toronto doesn't need Luongo and we don't need Toronto.

It's for ratings

And Schneider cramping up and letting Frolik deek him out of his jockstrap also was a key component for the Hawks making it to Game 7.

Not a single media outlet besides the ones in maybe Chicago thought the Hawks deserved to win Game 6. Schneider was the only one to blame.

Embarrassing.

Agreed. Brown, for whatever reason, refuses to adjust his game plan even mid-contest. That's the sign of weak coaching IMHO. A coach needs to be a man for all seasons and is required to always look for another tool in his arsenal. Sometimes it works out and sometimes it doesn't but you can't refuse to alter your strategy. In war, for a field commander, that gets armies slaughtered.

I've been pretty vocal that Streit is the guy I want. International, big game experience and is solid on both sides of the puck. I consider his on-ice vision to be an A+. He isn't the most skilled player out there but he is one of the savviest.

Fark me; had a heart attack as I just saw Gaunce for Fincour from Dallas! :picard:

Wrong Gaunce...

Lets have some fun;

Miller to TO for Gardiner.

Pomminville and Myers for Lou and Edler?

Lou, Raymond and a 3rd for Streit, Nabakov, Nino and a (?) 2knd.

Toss in Ballard ins

Raymond for McBain

Lou for Mike Green

Bryzgalov to the Leafs for Liles :lol:

Lou & ? to Flyers for Voracek.

Ballard for Boyes

:frantic:

I think the biggest problem with the PP is that Kesler hasn't been around to carry the puck through the N-zone with speed. Even the threat of it forces teams to back off.......right now, other teams know that there is no one to carry the puck with speed and confidence......easy to defend

Archived