The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Hunter Shinkaruk | C/W

-Vintage Canuck-

What a rough way to have his junior career end, but I don't blame him for wanting to try and play through it for a chance to play at the world juniors. One could say it's reckless, but it's the world juniors. This explains his season though, hopefully he can heal up and get back to 100%.

Just confirming, but he'll be able to train with the big club right? That could end up being his silver lining for sure, being around the guys, seeing what it takes to be a professional and maintain your fitness at the NHL level, and just soaking up whatever he can, it could all be great for him.

Kesler lost a step after his hip surgery. Speed is even more important for shinkaruk because he lacks the power and siZe.

Hopefully he it's ok because he didn't have blazing speed to begin with

Dude, give it a rest. We've found out he's been injured, which should explain his play I'd think. And you're still ripping on him? Come on.

He's young, which should help him recover quicker. He'll have access to the best medical treatment and recovery assistance available, and he's got his personal drive to succeed. The kid's hungry. Lack lost a season to a hip injury as well and he looks to be playing just fine. Apples and oranges I know, but don't tell me a hip injury couldn't negatively impact his play either.

Kesler is the same player, hasn't changed.

Kesler is just as fast as ever now.

Just the last few weeks though, I think it took him until late November to recover fully from the hip surgery.

Shinkaruk may not look like the same player until November next year which is to bad for him because Fox and Gaunce may pass him on the depth chart.

Kesler lost a step after his hip surgery. Speed is even more important for shinkaruk because he lacks the power and siZe.

Hopefully he it's ok because he didn't have blazing speed to begin with

Which hip surgery? The one in '06/'07, or the exact same procedure he had done after the '11 Cup Finals?

• 3 weeks later...

Article

This article states Shinkaruk is AHL eligible next season (due to his late b-day). What the. Pretty shocked to hear this, is everyone aware of this? Also good for Nucks, after next season in the AHL - they could call him up after the 2015 trade deadline for extra help.

Canucks could have a decent team next yr. Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, McEneny....

Article

This article states Shinkaruk is AHL eligible next season (due to his late b-day). What the. Pretty shocked to hear this, is everyone aware of this? Also good for Nucks, after next season in the AHL - they could call him up after the 2015 trade deadline for extra help.

Canucks could have a decent team next yr. Jensen, Gaunce, Shinkaruk, McEneny....

yes, literally everyone knows this, and have since the day the kid was drafted pretty much.

yes, literally everyone knows this, and have since the day the kid was drafted pretty much.

Yup, old news on Shinkaruk being AHL eligible next year.

Wow, I'm totally out of the loop. Had no clue.

But glad Utica could be somewhat decent next yr :) Unless Gillis trades all the prospects at trade deadline :bigblush:

Casual board member here.. I was well aware of the fact Shinkaruk would be eligible for the AHL next season. Has been discussed since draft floor coverage

It's a great option for him too. The CHL-NHL agreement keeps money in the CHL's pocket but hinders the development of many 19 year olds who are too good for the league (See: Grigorenko)

Archived