The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Beneficial to tank next season?

asian player

With the 2015 draft filled with strong centers like Mcdavid, Eichel, Barzal, and even Konecny (Bo Horvat's cousin), There's a chance one of these guys will pan out to be a strong 1st line center.

Henrik Sedin won't be a #1 center in the league for very long. Kesler is a great 2c but I doubt he will be able to center the 1st line. Horvat is projected to be a strong 2c, Gaunce is projected to be a 3c and Schroeder will probably not be close to a 1c.

In the next couple years, we can have Horvat, Shinkaruk, Gaunce, Jensen, Fox, Schroeder, top 10 2014 pick, and top 2015 pick

If we have our lineup filled with younger guys, we will have enough cap space to bring in a couple solid free agents.

I understand that a losing culture can hurt the team for years, but there's a no better season to tank than for the 2015 draft,

The 2015 draft class seems to have more top end talent than the 2013 draft as well

Leave the sedins and burrows as the 20 million dollar first line that cant score a single point. ever.

This season resembles breech of contract and coach mutiny, quite disgusting actually.

it takes a special kind of useless to get 20 inutes + a night and 1st line PP minutes and not register a single shot or hit.

just useless.

Leave the Sedins on the roster for one more year till they competely ruin the franchise next season so its obvious to them that they belong in the SEL and in the process be Tanking for McDavid.

Getting tired of all the tank talk. But I guess it's an easy way to weed out the simple people.

You know that if you tank you may get 1 draft pick higher than if you didn't, BUT the value of every one else on the team is diminished, right?

Tank this, fire that, etc... :picard: But whatever, it's a good way to see how people think (or don't think).

Getting tired of all the tank talk. But I guess it's an easy way to weed out the simple people.

You know that if you tank you may get 1 draft pick higher than if you didn't, BUT the value of every one else on the team is diminished, right?

Tank this, fire that, etc... :picard: But whatever, it's a good way to see how people think (or don't think).

I swear people think we should become the Oilers. Cause that formula is working so well for them...

Here's the recipe for success that works the best:

Don't worry about where you select. Invest in scouting and player development in order to build a team from within.

Once players values get too high where the risk is bigger than the reward, trade them for more assets and begin the process again.

DON'T GIVE OUT NTC's. It's better to pay half a million to a million more a season over a long term contract, then to give out a NTC. And if you have to include one, make sure it's limited.

The Canucks have been guilty of holding onto players for too long until their value diminishes; and that's what really hurts this teams ability to stay consistently competitive.

If Sedins, Burrows, Booth perform the same way they're performing now, we can tank without even having to make a move. After next season, we try to move all of them and fill the lineup with young studs and feel the breath of fresh air..

And for the Twins we'd be hard pressed to get more than an Iginla-type of return if they keep declining, and Burrows could probably get what Clowe got when he left San Jose. Booth's value's... low, I'll leave it at that. Where then will the studs come from?

Really hope the top line can rebound... we'll need it if we want any kind of decent return for them (if we do trade them).

If Sedins, Burrows, Booth perform the same way they're performing now, we can tank without even having to make a move. After next season, we try to move all of them and fill the lineup with young studs and feel the breath of fresh air..

i agree play them for all for one last year (aka tanking for mcDavid)

especially sedins, play a ton of Edler + Daniel Sedin and guarantee McDavid.

Im down. As much as i love kesler package him with sauve or schroeder for couturier and a 1st and a prospect

Get something for edler and higgins and hansen, Buy out burrows Tank. Next yr try for mcdavid Go with youth and have sedins mentor them.

Shinkaruk Mcdavid fox

Jensen horvat gaunce

Sedin sedin burrows ( most expensive 3rd line in history)

Lain mattias archibald

Sestito

Garrison corrado

Mckeown tanev

Stanton bieska

Hutton

Lineup is scary plus mcdavid hirvat shinkaruk gaunce mattias and lain all can play center. Crazy depth at center

And for the Twins we'd be hard pressed to get more than an Iginla-type of return if they keep declining, and Burrows could probably get what Clowe got when he left San Jose. Booth's value's... low, I'll leave it at that. Where then will the studs come from?

Really hope the top line can rebound... we'll need it if we want any kind of decent return for them (if we do trade them).

I'm actually perfectly fine with getting absolutely nothing out of the Sedins and Burrows.

If we have Shinkaruk on LW, Mcdavid, Horvat, Gaunce as centers and Jensen and maybe Virtanen on RW. Throw in Santorelli, Kassian, Richardson, Higgins, I'm quite happy with that.

If the players are playing to their potential and are at their highest value, we wouldn't even be discussing tanking/rebuilding. A rebuild usually doesn't involve getting the most out of your players.

I don't want to tank for any reason short of the next Gretzky. even then, I just don't want it.

But if we factor in the line up we have, potentially with the loss of Kesler, our current output and then factor in the rookies we will have and a tandem of Lack/Markstrom we might be terrible enough on our own merit if next season is anything like this season.

Personally...I like our chances ;)

McDavid is generational talent. I dont think the fan base would have a problem tanking for the next season. We sure as hell aren't going to be cup contenders next year and the worst thing to be is a that team in the "middle" This year at the draft ship Kesler, Edler, Garrison and buy out Booth or Burrows (doesn't really matter at this point)

Kesler to the Hawks for Teravainen, Shaw, Leddy (Reported deal thats supposed to take place at the draft this year)

Garrison to the Wings for Tatar and a 3rd

Edler to the Bruins for Morrow, Bartkowski, 1st

Sedin-Sedin-Burrows

Higgins-Teravainen-Tatar

Matthias-Horvat-Shaw

Hansen-Richardson-Kassian

Sestito

Shinkaruk as a call up

Hamhuis-Tanev

Bartkowski-Bieksa

Stanton-Morrow/Corrado

Weber

Markstrom

Lack

I'd like to think that the Canucks franchise is too proud to actually willingly drop a season for a chance at a top pick.

What that shows is that management doesn't have a clue how to fix the mess that they got themselves into (Oilers, Islanders, Columbus, etc) and that kills any confidence in the team.

Archived