The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Do You See Edler Bouncing Back?

William_Clarkson

I find ever year im like

"theres no way he can digress any further. only up from here."

then the season starts...

but in his defense the only players that havent declined significantly since 2011 are higgins and tavev

Edler should be traded. I don't like the idea of a guy at 5 mil needing a specific type of defense partner to be effective. If we bring ehrhoff back and Edler still sucks then what? I'm equally irritated with the whole line mate for the sedins lifelong search.

Unless they get Edler a proper partner, I don't have much hope.

This HAS to be the off-season priority player wise.

Get him a right handed offensive D man, and we will see the 2011 Edler again. I guarantee it.

The team needs to stop wasting time putting him with the wrong partners ASAP.

Edler should be traded. I don't like the idea of a guy at 5 mil needing a specific type of defense partner to be effective. If we bring ehrhoff back and Edler still sucks then what? I'm equally irritated with the whole line mate for the sedins lifelong search.

Canucks will still have Edler next year. He has said he wants to come back to Vancouver and his no trade clause will prevent him from being moved (unless there is a team(s) he would be willing to waive to go to).

Unless they get Edler a proper partner, I don't have much hope.

This HAS to be the off-season priority player wise.

Get him a right handed offensive D man, and we will see the 2011 Edler again. I guarantee it.

The team needs to stop wasting time putting him with the wrong partners ASAP.

Depending on how bad his back injury really is (none of us knows really), I don't think anybody can expect him to get back to where he was before the injury.

We really should move on with him and try to find a way to move him.

We need to move on as a team as we should for a few other players.

Forget about 2011.

He's gotta go. For the last 2 seasons, people have been making excuses about how it isn't Edler's fault. What if he can't learn how to play defense in the new coach's system? Who gets the blame then? Yet another coach? His D partner? The hotdog guy?

I'd be willing to give him another chance if it was just physical issues, but he has the IQ of a sack of bricks in his own end. At his age, it's unlikely that he'll suddenly fix that problem.

Nope. Worst D man on the team. I'd much rather see Stanton and Corrado on the team.

He isn't offensive and he isn't good at defense either. Just mediocre at everything. Lots of inflated stats from second assists in the years that didn't look as bad as this one.

He could rebound. Torts used him against the tough matchups, that's not his game. He should be playing with the Sedins in offensive situations. And like everyone knows he could use a fleet footed puck mover to play with. Play Hammer and Juice against the tough matchups.

Funny how everyone jumps on the "trade Edler" bandwagon for being awful yet don't see the correlation between losing Ehrhoff/Salo and Edler's lack of production. Plus refusing to acknowledge he has an NTC, like it's super easy to get him to waive.

This is one of the biggest reasons why I was against signing Garrison. Not that he's a bad player. He's just incredibly redundant on this team and totally log jammed the left side. Noone on this team can play the Right side and be what we need. The team has wasted 2-3 years goofing around with partners that compliment Edler's game. Once people realize what we ACTUALLY need is that offensive right sided D, the team will be much, much, better.

Archived