The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Ehlers vs Dal Colle vs Nylander

I don't normally do this, but I know Michael Dal Colle. He's my buddies cousin. He hates Vancouver with a passion and really does not want to play here. Whether you believe me or not I don't care but take that for whats it's worth. I've stated how I've known him a few times in the past.

Think about it from their prospective. Every player has teams they love and hate growing up. The hate teams just like you and I.

Maybe he prefers the Edmonton Riviera...

That's what I was thinking to. Don't all the prospects meet with the potential teams? If he really doesn't want to play for us then I'm sure he'd let the nux know that.

Shinkaruk was a Flames fan. Pretty much guaranteed that he had some dislike for the Nucks. Do you see any sign of that now?

Shinkaruk was a Flames fan. Pretty much guaranteed that he had some dislike for the Nucks. Do you see any sign of that now?

When I saw Dal Colle last (I don't see him often, he just my friends cousin and he hooks us up with Gens tickets once in a while and he talks to us at the end of the game), I was curious what team he didn't want to go to and he told me this "The Canucks. F*** Vancouver and that franchise, I'd rather be drafted by the Islanders and who wants to go there?" He hates the Isles too, just not as much I guess. MDC has no idea I like the Canucks, he thinks I'm a Leafs fan because I wore a Kessel jersey to an OHL game, so it wasn't like he was trying to get me agitated.

My one friend thinks it's funny that Dal Colle said that and constantly rubs it in my face that he hates our team (like I care lol). I also noticed that Shinkaruk wasn't a Van fan but his attitude has changed now, or he's a really good actor. If we get Dal Colle, I'm sure after actually playing a game with us or seeing the city he'd be fine just like Hunter. A lot of top prospects are arrogant like that but the fact they're in the NHL become surreal and eventually accept/don't care what team they are on.

I was curious to know his favourite team but after he just sh** all over mine I didn't even care enough to ask. I know of all the top teams to be drafted by, he'd want to go to Edmonton. Why? Because he knows players there. I'm not sure if he's an actual fan of the Oilers or just wants to go where he knows people but with his hate to Vancouver I wouldn't be surprised if MDC is an actual Oilers fan.

I've talked to him 3 times in my life, so I can't talk to him/ask him questions all the time. I either go through my friend who he's cousins with or wait until whenever I see him next. Before last month, it was 1 year since I talked to him, and I also met Tyler Biggs at that time too.

When I saw Dal Colle last (I don't see him often, he just my friends cousin and he hooks us up with Gens tickets once in a while and he talks to us at the end of the game), I was curious what team he didn't want to go to and he told me this "The Canucks. F*** Vancouver and that franchise, I'd rather be drafted by the Islanders and who wants to go there?" He hates the Isles too, just not as much I guess. MDC has no idea I like the Canucks, he thinks I'm a Leafs fan because I wore a Kessel jersey to an OHL game, so it wasn't like he was trying to get me agitated.

My one friend thinks it's funny that Dal Colle said that and constantly rubs it in my face that he hates our team (like I care lol). I also noticed that Shinkaruk wasn't a Van fan but his attitude has changed now, or he's a really good actor. If we get Dal Colle, I'm sure after actually playing a game with us or seeing the city he'd be fine just like Hunter. A lot of top prospects are arrogant like that but the fact they're in the NHL become surreal and eventually accept/don't care what team they are on.

I was curious to know his favourite team but after he just sh** all over mine I didn't even care enough to ask. I know of all the top teams to be drafted by, he'd want to go to Edmonton. Why? Because he knows players there. I'm not sure if he's an actual fan of the Oilers or just wants to go where he knows people but with his hate to Vancouver I wouldn't be surprised if MDC is an actual Oilers fan.

I've talked to him 3 times in my life, so I can't talk to him/ask him questions all the time. I either go through my friend who he's cousins with or wait until whenever I see him next. Before last month, it was 1 year since I talked to him, and I also met Tyler Biggs at that time too.

Well F*** MDC cause I don't want him. Let him rot in Edmonton aha

Anyone remember Mike Duco? Said some nasty things about the Canucks then gets traded to the Canucks? lol

anyways, don't care what he says. We will still draft him whether he likes it or not. Please kindly tell him that, if you have the oppurtunity that Vancouver fans will love to see him drafted by the Canucks regardless, hahahahah.

Well F*** MDC cause I don't want him. Let him rot in Edmonton aha

LOL no bro, we will draft him if he is available. It's the smartest move for the Canucks. very few players get drafted by the team they want anyways.

Anyone remember Mike Duco? Said some nasty things about the Canucks then gets traded to the Canucks? lol

anyways, don't care what he says. We will still draft him whether he likes it or not. Please kindly tell him that, if you have the oppurtunity that Vancouver fans will love to see him drafted by the Canucks regardless, hahahahah.

If he's the BPA we better draft him. I doubt I'll see him again before the draft but I'll keep that in mind haha.

It'd be so sweet to know someone like that on the Nux. Maybe he'd give me Tickets whenever Vancouver was in Toronto and Buffalo lol. That would be pretty sweet.

If he's the BPA we better draft him. I doubt I'll see him again before the draft but I'll keep that in mind haha.

It'd be so sweet to know someone like that on the Nux. Maybe he'd give me Tickets whenever Vancouver was in Toronto and Buffalo lol. That would be pretty sweet.

I wonder why he dislikes Van. Is it the whole riot thing? I'd still take him, as much as it angers me to hear him say such hurtful things about the city I once called home. Would rather take Virtanen outside of any top 5, stubborn like that.

MDC is just a young kid who has a limited view of the world. Perhaps he hasn't yet understood the absolute privilege of playing hockey in the NHL.

These kids are treated like kings when they are drafted and he will find there is very little to dislike in playing for any NHL team.

He will likely see that players move around to different teams throughout their career and easily develop a loyalty to their newest team.

Nylander is the best offensively but Dal Colle will probably be the best in the NHL, he has good size, good two-way game and a real good playmaker while Nylander is a pure offensive magician.

Ehlers all the way. Most skilled and possibly the speediest skater. If he was an inch or 2 taller he would be ranked first overall...

If he was 6ft and 180 pounds already and Drouin was playing in Tampa he would have gone 1st overall. In spite of the fact he got 70% of his points without Drouin, its a stigma that scouts have to consider.

What I want to know is how many was he supposed to get without him? How do you run a team and insist that your two best players never spend a nickels worth of time on the ice together. PP , PK and otherwise ?

I think there is a serious possibility of CAL or NYI taking Ehlers or Nylander or even Ritchie

I have seen 3 mocks that have updated to MDC falling to us:

Ekblad

Reinhart

Draisaitl

Bennett

Nylander

MDC

Ekblad

Reinhart

Draisaitl

Bennett

Ehlers

MDC

Reinhart

Bennett

Ekblad

Ritchie

Draisaitl

MDC

I have seen quit a few mocks that have Leon or MDC falling to us, all it takes is one GM to be high on Ehlers or Nylander's skill game, or Burke to fall in love with Ritchie

MDC is a very real possibility and I bet our scouts are drooling over the chance at him as with Cole playing there I am sure they have seen him play lots.

I havent watched Nylander even play 1 full game so I cannot rank him.

I prefer MDC then Ehlers excluding Nylander.

If he was 6ft and 180 pounds already and Drouin was playing in Tampa he would have gone 1st overall. In spite of the fact he got 70% of his points without Drouin, its a stigma that scouts have to consider.

What I want to know is how many was he supposed to get without him? How do you run a team and insist that your two best players never spend a nickels worth of time on the ice together. PP , PK and otherwise ?

Yeah people need to get over that. Ehlers has the potential to be the top line top end player we desperately need. The Patrick Kane comparisons aren't wrong imo

I said earlier I'd take MDC if he fell,

but Nylander just put up 16pts in 7games at the U18's....pretty ridiculous numbers.

If we want to play a fast up-tempo game like Benning says he wants, then I'd pick Nylander. Great speed and would get fans on the edge of their seats within a few years. He's not small either (175lbs at 17 yrs old isn't small)

Nylander's not physical but he's like Patty Kane. He's so smart and such a good skater that he rarely needs to go into the corners. He dictates where the play will be on the ice, every shift

Oh, and he plays Wing too. He's listed as C/RW on most sites

If an undrafted prospect really hates Vancouver then don't draft him. I don't know what possible animosity he could have towards the team (and city, wtf) that would make him not want to be drafted here. Sounds like the kid has entitlement issues. I mean I'm a terrible hockey player, and I hate the bruins, blackhawks, oilers, etc with a passion but if for some inexplicable reason they wanted me in their organization you can bet I'd change my tune pretty quickly.

Archived