The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Jared McCann | C/LW

avelanch

2 hours ago, desiboynux4lifee******* said:

Kid has the IT factor. PERIOD! that pass on the powerplay goal took skill, if this kid gets time with the puck he usually makes a skilled play. Problem, our clown of a manager will trade him at the draft or over pay for a guy like Drouin.

This is what I'm worried about.

McCann has that elite level of hockey IQ and skill that no one else on this team has. Baertschi has a bit of it. Horvat shows some every now and then, but no one has that sort of hockey IQ. Virtanen surely doesn't, Granlund is showing us he has a bit and who knows about Boeser.

This team lacks a truly smart playmaker in their prospect pool and I worry we'll get too one-dimensional. We had Shinkaruk before as a good balance, someone who brought that top-end skill, but now even he's gone in replace of another two-way center. I just hope Granlund coming in was to save us from trading McCann.

I'd much rather have flipped Shinkaruk for a top defensive prospect than get Granlund and trade McCann. JB better be careful what he does and how he manages these assets. He has a steal of a 24th overall pick in McCann, lets not go wasting him away as trade bait when we should be keeping the best picks for ourselves.

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

McCann has that elite level of hockey IQ and skill that no one else on this team has. Baertschi has a bit of it. Horvat shows some every now and then, but no one has that sort of hockey IQ. Virtanen surely doesn't, Granlund is showing us he has a bit and who knows about Boeser.

This team lacks a truly smart playmaker in their prospect pool and I worry we'll get too one-dimensional. We had Shinkaruk before as a good balance, someone who brought that top-end skill, but now even he's gone in replace of another two-way center. I just hope Granlund coming in was to save us from trading McCann.

I'd much rather have flipped Shinkaruk for a top defensive prospect than get Granlund and trade McCann. JB better be careful what he does and how he manages these assets. He has a steal of a 24th overall pick in McCann, lets not go wasting him away as trade bait when we should be keeping the best picks for ourselves.

Granlund allows them to send McCann to Utica next year.  He just needs to get stronger.

I agree, he has hockey smarts and some real jam in his game.  I'd be really surprised if he were moved.

7 hours ago, DownUndaCanuck said:

Just had to throw in the dig at Virtanen didn't you, even while playing great lately. You my friend are a joke on this forum, and I hope you know that. How's your Nylander doing lately? 

well vey will be the #1 C vs LA so McCann should see more ice time as well. Vrbata will be back in to fill the open spot.

McCann did make a nice pass on the PP, he has the skill, just needs a good long off season of working out to bulk up and come into camp on a tear to prove he is nhl material and the canucks cant send him to Utica, just like he last fall by not going back to junior

No way McCann goes to Utica next year....probably already our 3 or 4th most talented plyer.

Look for him to be the teams most improved player next yr with the greatest jump in points.

Just hope he isn't traded this off season...

Should make Sutter his right winger (who can take draws till improves that aspect of game)

Forward "Pairings"

Hank    with Danny     

Horvat  with Sven

McCann  with Sutter     (could be great match up line)

Grandlund or Vey    with Etem

roll......  Virtanen, Hansen, UFA RW  and Gaunce  with each fwd  pairing depending on opponent/match up.

Think Burrows may be on his way out...but could make a good LW w/McCann Sutter.

Would love to see something done with Dorsett...complete waste of 2.5 million. 

2 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

Nylander just scored a wrister, beat the goalie flat out

Good for him, sure doesn't seems to be a Patty Kane like talent though like some posters have tried to say

I have nothing against the kid, but the fact some posters here rip on Virtanen (EVEN THOUGH THEY ADMIT TO NOT WATCHING MANY GAMES!) really irks me.

29 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

You do realize that Nylander, because he is very small, weak, and plays zero defence,  must produce on a point a game pace, or he's a bust right?  McCann is a much better prospect, because he plays a 200 foot game, provides similar offence, and plays mean.  

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

You do realize that Nylander, because he is very small, weak, and plays zero defence,  must produce on a point a game pace, or he's a bust right?  McCann is a much better prospect, because he plays a 200 foot game, provides similar offence, and plays mean.  

That's strictly your opinion Alf.  Many players are valuable while not playing a 2 way style and not putting up ppg.  I agree that he has to produce somewhat more than a 2 way player to hold equal value, but saying that he HAS to produce at ppg or hes a bust is a little over the top 

10 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

That's strictly your opinion Alf.  Many players are valuable while not playing a 2 way style and not putting up ppg.  I agree that he has to produce somewhat more than a 2 way player to hold equal value, but saying that he HAS to produce at ppg or hes a bust is a little over the top 

His name coming up in a McCann thread on a Canuck's board is also a little over the top.  IMHAO, of course.  Are we, as Canuck's fans happy with Vey?  We know Vey needs to put up big points to compensate for his other weaknesses.  That's why Alf really like McCann.  He has the skill to put up points, but he's mean too.  

58 minutes ago, Cowardrobertford said:

23 minutes ago, Gooseberries said:

To be fair, Babkcock called him out for being soft after only two games. Did you guys watch him play? At this point in time I honestly believe Jake is the better NHL player. Granted, Jake's now played like 40 games compared to Willie's 3 but as it stands now Willie is about the most perimeter player I've seen in quite some time.

I'm torn on whether or not McCann should go to Utica next year. Earlier I was all for it, but if he improves enough over the summer (which is a real possibility given his drive and work ethic), he would be really hard to leave of the team. He doesn't have to come back a 220lbs monster, just more filled out. With his skill and vision, it would be hard to leave that down in Utica for a year:

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Burrows - Granlund - Etem

Gaunce - McCann/Zalewski - Dorsett

Grenier

1 minute ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

I'm torn on whether or not McCann should go to Utica next year. Earlier I was all for it, but if he improves enough over the summer (which is a real possibility given his drive and work ethic), he would be really hard to leave of the team. He doesn't have to come back a 220lbs monster, just more filled out. With his skill and vision, it would be hard to leave that down in Utica for a year:

Sedin - Sedin - Sutter

Baertschi - Horvat - Hansen

Burrows - Granlund - Etem

Gaunce - McCann/Zalewski - Dorsett

Grenier

Where is Vey, if I ask?

1 minute ago, Horvat is a Boss said:

Probably squeezed out of the lineup, even though he has improved a lot and looks a lot better. I wouldn't be opposed to keeping him though.

He's played a lot better for sure.  He looks better when he plays with wingers who have speed and some size.  

Archived