The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

11 hours ago, aGENT said:

If there's any way we could entice him back this summer it would be fantastic IMO and likely mean we'd have less need to spend large cap space and term on an older guy like Myers.

I think the biggest reason to get him back asap is to see what we have.. there's been no end to the speculation. 

how does his khl experience translate to the nhl? how is his attitude? his conditioning? his English? what kind of $ will he want? 

the sooner we know these things the better. either the rebuild is being accelerated, or JB needs to make some moves quickly. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, The 5th Line said:

We lack size on the back end now, JB must be targeting Myers, Trouba, Tryamkin etc I would think.  

All those guys are/were much older than tree and had different skill sets

Everybody is missing my point.  He is playing in a far inferior league and will, most likely, at best, take a while to adjust.  I am just saying it is unlikely he will be a 1st pairing nhl defender immediately. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

17 minutes ago, Dixon Ward said:

Everybody is missing my point.  He is playing in a far inferior league and will, most likely, at best, take a while to adjust.  I am just saying it is unlikely he will be a 1st pairing nhl defender immediately. 

He played very well for 66 games with us 2 years ago,  why and what kind of adjustment are you speaking of?

Edited by SilentSam
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, SilentSam said:

He played very well for 66 games with us 2 years ago,  why and what kind of adjustment are you speaking of?

I can’t remember the matchups in his NHL stint but I don’t think that he was paired up against the top lines of the other team. 

I still think he’s the best chance we have next to Quinn at having a true number 1 d-man. 

1 hour ago, VancouverHabitant said:

I can’t remember the matchups in his NHL stint but I don’t think that he was paired up against the top lines of the other team. 

I still think he’s the best chance we have next to Quinn at having a true number 1 d-man. 

Cmon Hab’s,.  He was on the ice when he smeared some good power forwards..

Sounds like his engine is running hot in his playoffs..   Damn I hope the Canucks are on to him quick.

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

end of the 2nd Avto up 2-0

Tryamkin with a strong game where you really notice him when he's out there 

-btw Philip Larsen and Burmistrov on the Salavat team. 

Larsen looks like he's got a chip on his shoulder,  he rushed into the goalie after the whistle, something personal perhaps causing off setting roughing minors

Tryamkin with a bit more of a green light offensively carrying the puck into the zone, with more pinches than I have seen this season

Great on the 1st unit PK clearing the crease.

Once in the neutral zone he was kind of a rover and attacked the puck carrier with his long reach forcing a shoot in.

I really liked his hustle in one line change skating across the ice.

My favorite play was him getting a slap shot on net inside their left face off dot, then the play reversed quickly and Try came all the way back to just inside his left face off dot to break up the speedy wingers break away wrister just outside the crease.

In the 3rd Try was steady, they were switching him RD and LD during the game which was interesting, I think it threw off Salavat a bit

Try got caught chasing the puck in one sequence and gave up a scoring chance.

Try followed that with a brilliant shift of neutralizing Salavats attack,   he cleared the front of the net, then Salavats forwards tried to control the puck along the boards either side behind the net, Try shifted to both sides in the play,  attacking the primary puck carriers on both sides of the net, pushing the forward into the boards and forcing them off of the puck-- alleviating a strong offensive push by Salavat.

Avto ties the series 1-1

Thanks for posting.. where are you watching these games? 

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

How old was big Z when he signed with the Bruins?  I wonder if Nikita, because of his size, will not be at his best until his late 20’s, like Z?

he was 29.. played like 7 and a bit seasons with isles and sens.. turning 42 on Monday::D

oh and I remember thinking nothing of him getting traded to OTT, but being pretty much gob-smacked when they let him go to BOS

Edited by Glug Datt
  • Like 2
  • Cheers 1

5 minutes ago, The 5th Line said:

The ice size difference is the real wildcard in all of this.  He could absolutely flourish on small ice, now that he is even more matured.

The smaller ice should be to his advantage for sure.  I sure hope JB can find a way to bring Nikita back this summer.

• Upvote 3

14 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Honestly,.   Some of the comments here ..  some people have never seen him play and have no idea what this kid can bring.

66 games was all it took for Benning to offer him a 2 year , 2m per

Lowball imo, should've been 4x4 am I crazy? I'm a huge Tryamkin fan. I'd like some others opinions on what he deserved then, and what it'll take to lure him back,

I say 4m for 4 years.. IMO, we'd be lucky to get him at that..

Edited by Western Red

How many players in the NHL are 6'7" 265lbs and can skate and hit like Nikita?  Not very many.  He was laying out guys who were 230 pounds like they were 10 year old children.  He's a very powerful man who hasn't even hit his prime yet mentally or physically.  Big guys take longer to develop as well.  Chara wasn't full on Chara until he was around 25-26 years old.  So Nikita coming back next year will put him right in that age bracket of development.

He would be a UFA in 3 years if he signed with us in the summer, so I would offer him a 4-5 year deal at $4 million and see what happens.  That could be up to $20 million in guaranteed money for the big guy, so he may bite on that.  I wouldn't worry about the term as he is not anywhere close to Zaitsev but more like Zadorov.  I'd actually try and get Zadorov from Colorado or Provorov from Philly to partner him in the NHL.  Not sure what it would take but either of those guys playing with Tryamkin would be wonderful to see.  Could be a top pairing D for sure.  Or you can just play him with Hughes.  

We have a lot of questions on D right now.  Tanev gets injured just by being on the ice and Edler is a UFA and will be 33.  That's not a good recipe for a top pairing D.  If somehow we could get either Zadorov or Provorov I wouldn't re-sign Edler at all and I'd trade Tanev to whoever will take him.  Imagine if also Woo could crack the lineup next year?  Our defence would suddenly become one of the most feared in the NHL really.  And very mobile as well.  Maybe this is what JB is hoping for and why he traded Guddy and is trying to open more spots on D.  

I'd easily trade Juolevi plus a prospect or pick to try and get one of the other Russians.  Both Provorov and Zadorov are RFA's in the summer so we can offer them a big money contract to come play with Nikita.  My preference would be to have the Nikita's play together as I don't think Philly will trade Provorov without one of our big pieces going the other way.  So I'd throw big money at Zadorov, maybe a 5-6 year deal at $5 million per and see if Colorado is willing to let him go.  I'd do Juolevi and a prospect easily for the big Russian.  Colorado might bite on that as they already have Rantanen and may possibly even have Kakko next year so the Finnish connection could work for them.  They need more mobility on the backend and we need more size so I think a trade could work for both teams.

Zadorov      Tryamkin

Hughes        Woo

Hutton         Stecher

The Nikita's playing together would literally tilt the ice.  Could be the scariest top pairing D in the entire league really.  I mean what forward would want to enter our zone or go to the net with those two on the ice at the same time?  With Brisebois, Sautner and Rathbone in the system we can let Juolevi go to get a big Russian who can eat up 20-23 minutes a night.  Also, if we end up drafting Byram then it's a no brainer to try and trade Juolevi, so we need to see how the draft plays out.  If we somehow end up with Kakko at the draft that could change everything as maybe you then want to keep Juolevi.

It's a very young D overall so realistically it may not work for next year, so perhaps JB can sign a UFA to a 1-2 year deal until Woo is ready.  Or maybe you just ride out Tanev for his last year and see if he's tradeable at the deadline.  That could work too as I can't see us getting much for Tanev in the summer with his latest injury.

Edited by Elias Pettersson
  • Like 1
  • Upvote 3

10 hours ago, Alflives said:

The smaller ice should be to his advantage for sure.  I sure hope JB can find a way to bring Nikita back this summer.

i have a feeling JB  and crew are working on it, cause this defence needs big upgrades

• Upvote 3

On ‎3‎/‎16‎/‎2019 at 7:44 AM, Hairy Kneel said:

end of the 2nd Avto up 2-0

Avto ties the series 1-1

Just adding some stats: Tryamkin with most minutes 22:06, 2 hits, 2 SOG, 2 blocked shots.

avto.jpg

tryamkin.jpg

Edited by Stierlitz
  • Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2