The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

19 minutes ago, nzan said:

No chance whatsoever.

The earliest is just prior to playoffs after the KHL regular season is over (and assuming his team misses)

Damn, was hoping maybe we could offer him something extra if Edler doesn't resign

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

I don't hate him at all.   I remain a big fan of his and hope he makes it.   Check the history of my posts about the guy (from the start).   I have watched him closely since he went from North America and I have watched him decline in my opinion in terms of a guy that needs to work on key areas to translate to effective NHL game.   

How is a third round pick a "free asset"?   You draft someone and have to pay them....how is that free?   Again, I am pulling for him but taking his three key development years in his pre-prime age in a league not known for developing Dmen and then choosing to play a non-North American style has not helped his NHL chances.   How are any of these facts "hate"?

If you watched it.....explain what on earth he was doing during the entire second period.   NOT ONE SINGLE outlet pass connected.   NOT ONE.   He seems to be going through the motions in the KHL.   He plays and gets a cheque.   Not sure how that is helping his development.

Again, do you want people to simply ignore fact and proclaim him a budding superstar?

I cannot recall but were you also part of the group that piled on when I said in the Dahlen thread that I wasn't sure his game would ever translate to the NHL?   

I watch guys play.   I make an opinion on what I see.   Why is my opinion so important to you?

Nope never really had a fancy for Dahlen, no real opinion about him either way. Not sure where you got that idea. Besides I don't like piling on guys that's a waste of time. 

But you do spend an inordinate amount of time and energy saying why we shouldn't bring Tryamkin back. But you do know that KHL ice is a lot bigger and his size is more of an advantage here. And that Tryamkin is a defensive defenseman no one's really coached him offensively.

I never said he was perfect. But after all the dead weight Dmen we went through last year we could use his size and hitting. And durability. His Avto team swept that series 4 zip. That game he had 3 solid hits. And won some important board battles to clear the puck. Don't know how you criticize a win in the middle frame game 2, of a four game sweep.

He's free because we're not paying him right now. He's free because we don't have to give anything up to get him. I'd prefer him over Myers or Gardiner. Maybe you just like playing devils advocate. But every post you put on this page is dismissive of Tryamkins potential or his suitability here. Like always having a back handed compliment.

SUPERSTAR?!! Hahahahaha

Never said that. A good pk guy, good shut down guy. He might have an offensive upside but lately he's been coached as a stay at home guy which I think is alright. Nothing fancy about him. 3rd pairing to start is fine. He can earn more ice time, especially when we play big teams. Him and Schenn would be killer back there. And I don't think he's finished developing yet, so I won't be surprised if we find out by xmas when he's back, which is the deadline for notification for him to be added to our roster before the playoffs.

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, BO_Scorvat said:

Can someone help me out with the big tree situation? I've been scrolling for a bit through his forum and wondering if it's at all possible for him to come back this upcoming season if he wants to?

Like is there even a chance to have him come back or is it still the earliest of next season?

He will probably finish his contract there. He could conceivably return in time for our playoffs. But the league has to be notified by Xmas in order for him to return then. JB would have to have an agreement in place I'd imagine.

He could buy out his contract this last year in time for training camp. Under 1 million$ US. But he would have to initiate that with his club through his agent. But his home town loyalty will keep him there to finish this season I think. I'm not quite sure but maybe waiting for next season maybe we won't have to expose him in the ED.

Edited by Hairy Kneel
  • Upvote 2

9 hours ago, BO_Scorvat said:

Can someone help me out with the big tree situation? I've been scrolling for a bit through his forum and wondering if it's at all possible for him to come back this upcoming season if he wants to?

Like is there even a chance to have him come back or is it still the earliest of next season?

No chance this season.

7 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

But you do spend an inordinate amount of time and energy saying why we shouldn't bring Tryamkin back.

You invent things.   I have never said that.   ALL I have ever said can be wrapped up with this:

• Intriguing skill set
  • Brought wrong attitude to North America
  • Showed nice flashes of potential during NHL stint
  • Has regressed his game in KHL
  • Will have missed three critical development years in a league not know for developing Dmen
  • People should temper their expectations about him IF he comes back
  • IF he comes back, he should bring a different attitude to development inclusive of potential time in AHL if that is what the organization feels is best for his development

NOTHING in there says anything about not bringing back.   I still fail to see one thing in that list that causes you so much grief.  I guess I persist in this discussion as I find your perspective and fascination with this player which interesting - it is as if he has improved in all aspects of what he actually did in his stint to the point he somehow was a top 4 NHL Dman and his time in the KHL has only enhanced that stature.   I find that narrative so at odds with the facts - hence the (morbid?) fascination on my own part with that narrative.

• Upvote 2

11 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

You invent things.   I have never said that.   ALL I have ever said can be wrapped up with this:

• Intriguing skill set
  • Brought wrong attitude to North America
  • Showed nice flashes of potential during NHL stint
  • Has regressed his game in KHL
  • Will have missed three critical development years in a league not know for developing Dmen
  • People should temper their expectations about him IF he comes back
  • IF he comes back, he should bring a different attitude to development inclusive of potential time in AHL if that is what the organization feels is best for his development

NOTHING in there says anything about not bringing back.   I still fail to see one thing in that list that causes you so much grief.  I guess I persist in this discussion as I find your perspective and fascination with this player which interesting - it is as if he has improved in all aspects of what he actually did in his stint to the point he somehow was a top 4 NHL Dman and his time in the KHL has only enhanced that stature.   I find that narrative so at odds with the facts - hence the (morbid?) fascination on my own part with that narrative.

This whole Tryamkin come back thread is like a car wreck, 90% of people have to slow down and take a look, even if there is very little to see.

• Cheers 1
  • Haha 3

IMG_0164.thumb.PNG.d1bddeb2796eb03b1253dfd9c685f17b.PNG

3 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

His agent is currently on TSN1040.

I am sure someone will do a summary but basically:

• Won't make a decision until KHL season is over half done
  • Will want to know his role with the team
  • New coach (Green) will make it easier to come back
  • Agent is hopeful NT is willing to play against the best of the best
  • Agent thinks AHL is out of the question and the Canucks know this and any other team would still take NT knowing this.  
  • Agent doesn't think AHL will do any good for him.

:towel:

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

This makes signing Myers a difficult proposition.

Tryamkin is a free top 6 D (doesn’t cost assets) who will be on more cap friendly contract than UFAs.  

If there is a decent chance we can sign him in time for a “hopeful” playoff run this season, you want a space for him going forward.

Right now we have Tanev and Stecher, if we are Myers we have to make sure we move out Tanev, and have a placeholder on the 3rd pairing.

• Upvote 2

I will temper my expectations... Though he is massive and (at the time) skated well for a big guy, the NHL has gotten even faster since he left.  Will he be able to keep up?  Pivot effectively to block out players in front of his net?  His reach is his biggest asset.... Similar to Chara's, but without the edge, experience in his game will that be enough?  Lots of questions... Very much worth the trial once/if he comes over.

• Upvote 1

30 minutes ago, Rodishred said:

I will temper my expectations... Though he is massive and (at the time) skated well for a big guy, the NHL has gotten even faster since he left.  Will he be able to keep up?  Pivot effectively to block out players in front of his net?  His reach is his biggest asset.... Similar to Chara's, but without the edge, experience in his game will that be enough?  Lots of questions... Very much worth the trial once/if he comes over.

Edge?  .. late this past season.

the guy he rolls with about the same size as J Benn..

ps I wouldn’t drop my gloves these days either, why bust a knuckle or finger on a meathead.

Edited by SilentSam
  • Like 1

4 hours ago, Tre Mac said:

His agent is currently on TSN1040.

I am sure someone will do a summary but basically:

• Won't make a decision until KHL season is over half done
  • Will want to know his role with the team
  • New coach (Green) will make it easier to come back
  • Agent is hopeful NT is willing to play against the best of the best
  • Agent thinks AHL is out of the question and the Canucks know this and any other team would still take NT knowing this.  
  • Agent doesn't think AHL will do any good for him.

If his home club understands this is going to happen,  perhaps they try to mutually agree to his release sooner than later. They would recover aprx. 500k usd if he was allowed to buy himself out.

That money goes a long way when the KHL Team Cap is 13.8 m usd.

• Upvote 2

12 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

If his home club understands this is going to happen,  perhaps they try to mutually agree to his release sooner than later. They would recover aprx. 500k usd if he was allowed to buy himself out.

That money goes a long way when the KHL Team Cap is 13.8 m usd.

That would make it around Dec which is the deadline for the league to be notified, and if that's case maybe Tryamkin is thinking why wait? and transfer sooner. 

His agent Diamond has to be on the hot seat for negotiating such a bad contract of only 700,000 per year there. Plus I don't think Avto will be on a roll like last year when they won the presidents trophy (sorta) there. They are in a rebuild year. And their 8 D system makes it easier for them to 'release' Tryamkin.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, bishopshodan said:

Wifey told me she heard his agent say 'better than 50% chance he is back in the NHL this year'

Funny, she told me better than 90%. But you know, she'll say whatever you want to hear if you tickle her.

• Haha 3

2 minutes ago, Hairy Kneel said:

That would make it around Dec which is the deadline for the league to be notified, and if that's case maybe Tryamkin is thinking why wait? and transfer sooner. 

His agent Diamond has to be on the hot seat for negotiating such a bad contract of only 700,000 per year there. Plus I don't think Avto will be on a roll like last year when they won the presidents trophy (sorta) there. They are in a rebuild year. And their 8 D system makes it easier for them to 'release' Tryamkin.

Hairy if Nik is able to find out he is going to go back into that rotational D that Avtomobilist had last season..  I just don’t think he will be happy about it.

That’s a weak schedule of play for a kid, who in Diamonds words, wants to challenge against the NHL’s best..  Something an agent would want to bring up to his client I would think.

1 hour ago, SilentSam said:

Edge?  .. late this past season.

the guy he rolls with about the same size as J Benn..

ps I wouldn’t drop my gloves these days either, why bust a knuckle or finger on a meathead.

Yeah, considering how fragile those little bones in the hand are, and the way they hang onto each others' arms in hockey fights, I would be more inclined to use my elbows (like Bure did). Although I believe that is considered to be poor sportsmanship in hockey fights.

• Haha 1

1 minute ago, WeneedLumme said:

Yeah, considering how fragile those little bones in the hand are, and the way they hang onto each others' arms in hockey fights, I would be more inclined to use my elbows (like Bure did). Although I believe that is considered to be poor sportsmanship in hockey fights.

Tryamkin might be saving his opponents life by keeping those mitts on :) 

• Haha 2

2 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Hairy if Nik is able to find out he is going to go back into that rotational D that Avtomobilist had last season..  I just don’t think he will be happy about it.

That’s a weak schedule of play for a kid, who in Diamonds words, wants to challenge against the NHL’s best..  Something an agent would want to bring up to his client I would think.

Considering agents get paid a percentage of the players salary, and that a percentage of several million is much more than a percentage of 700k to 900k, I don't think there is any doubt that his agent has pointed out to him the benefits of jumping back to the NHL.

• Upvote 2