The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikita Tryamkin | D

Drouin

5 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sorry pal.  Tanev ain't going anywhere and he is better than tryamkin at D.

I was one of those that thought we should move Tanev at or before the trade deadline but the outstanding additions and performances of Miller and Hughes have caused me to reconsider that idea. If Tryamkin does come back it would more likely be Stecher that gets moved but think that would happen in the off season.

Edited by Kootenay Gold
spelling
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 2

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Sorry pal.  Tanev ain't going anywhere and he is better than tryamkin at D.

I am sorry Kanuck....but what makes you so certain? Tanev, today, would be approx.100th best Dman in the NHL? Give or take. Tryamkin would be top 10 in the KHL, probably closer to top 5, so what makes you think, that is a certainty? I mean, I do not know, but I am just curious how you know?

2 hours ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Edit: PLUS...why the hell would the Canucks want to split up Hughes and Tanev when they have been unreal??  Actual NHL GMs and coaches don't pull crap like that when they are leading their division.

I agree totally with this part...…...

Sorry, it is you I pose this question to, but a lot of people have this certainty, that they know. I am just saying until it happens and Tanev proves you right, you are just guessing like me.

• Cheers 1

I think playing with Hughes has been good for Tanev’s health - neither him nor Hughes get hit much this year - for one thing, they have the puck a lot more and are both smart enough to not deliver a pass that makes his partner vulnerable. And, of course there is the amount of time spent in the offensive zone - which should get even better as our young forwards mature. However, if Hughes starts to get run in the playoffs, being able to pair him with Tryamkin might not be a bad idea.

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

11 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I was one of those that thought we should move Tanev at or before the trade deadline but the outstanding additions and performances of Miller and Hughes have caused me to reconsider that idea. If Tryamkin does come back it would more likely be Stecher that gets moved but think that would happen in the off season.

IMHO it is not about the quality of Tanev's game it is whether he can be resigned as a UFA at a price and term that doesn't upset the CAP structure needed as the team moves towards serious CUP contention in 2023. At 30 on a new contract with term does Tanev fit? Probably does if Stecher goes and Edler takes a cut when his deal finishes. It is pretty obvious that Tanev's game benefits from better puck possession and faster breakouts. 

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, Boudrias said:

IMHO it is not about the quality of Tanev's game it is whether he can be resigned as a UFA at a price and term that doesn't upset the CAP structure needed as the team moves towards serious CUP contention in 2023. At 30 on a new contract with term does Tanev fit? Probably does if Stecher goes and Edler takes a cut when his deal finishes. It is pretty obvious that Tanev's game benefits from better puck possession and faster breakouts. 

Tanev is really good; I think that’s obvious.  However, if Tree is definitely coming back, and if we are not resigning Taneb, then JB needs to see Tanev’s value in trade.  If he could get two seconds for Tanev, do we do that?  

Edited by Alflives
  • Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1
  • Huggy Bear 1

4 minutes ago, Alflives said:

Tanev is really good; I think that’s obvious.  However, if Tree is definitely coming back, and if we are not resigning Taneb, then JB needs to see Tanev’s value in trade.  If he could get two seconds for Tanev, do we do that?  

You know JB Alf. He likely has his grease boards all set up with his desired targets listed. I would think a 2nd rdr and a prospect. A prospect with high likelihood of being a roster player by 2023. For me it is all about the timeline focusing on 2023. CAP issues threaten most long term chances of keeping a young roster together. Look at the Laffers. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 hours ago, Alflives said:

The other fly in the ointment with the Tanev situation is who are they going to protect with the upcoming Seattle draft?

4 hours ago, Alflives said:

Nope.

He is worth much more to the Canucks than 2 2nds would be imo.

• Upvote 2
  • Huggy Bear 1

5 hours ago, Boudrias said:

You know JB Alf. He likely has his grease boards all set up with his desired targets listed. I would think a 2nd rdr and a prospect. A prospect with high likelihood of being a roster player by 2023. For me it is all about the timeline focusing on 2023. CAP issues threaten most long term chances of keeping a young roster together. Look at the Laffers. 

So it's all about holding on to players for our 3rd consecutive Stanley Cup ...and beyond...(2021,22 and 23)...

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

5 hours ago, Alflives said:

Just one 2nd would work for me....as long as they take little things as well....otherwise the way we draft I think 2 seconds would get us a player of some sort at the very least...maybe 2....

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1

I am reading russian sports media and I don't think Nikita will be back in NHL.

I got that feeling that all these talks about returning to Vancouver is to make his current club to sign a good contract with him.

I might be wrong , but what I am getting is that he is not progressing during his last 3 years in Russia. His current contract will expaire April 30, and he needs a leverage to sign a new deal.

30 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

I got that feeling that all these talks about returning to Vancouver is to make his current club to sign a good contract with him.

I might be wrong , but what I am getting is that he is not progressing during his last 3 years in Russia. His current contract will expaire April 30, and he needs a leverage to sign a new deal.

Would you mind posting what Russian media you’ve been reading please?

Everything I and others here have been posting is exactly the opposite to those remarks , and has been this whole season.

• Upvote 1

34 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

This from the Daily Hive in Jan. 2020:

“It’s very much on the table,” Tryamkin’s agent Todd Diamond said in an interview with Andrew Wadden and Rick Dhaliwal on TSN 1040, referring to a potential return to the Canucks. “Our approach is basically we don’t want to interfere with his Russian season, out of respect for him playing well and out of respect for the team trying to accomplish their goals of having a good playoff run.

That is his goal, his desire,” Diamond said of Tryamkin’s interest in returning to the NHL. “The team that he left and the team that he would come back to are much different. Things seem to be headed in the right direction. There’s a lot more talent to work with. I think that would allow Nikita to play his game and not feeling burdened by trying to do too much offensively.”

Tryamkin has consistently said that he’s open to returning to the Canucks, admitting exactly that to Daily Hive back in 2018. And for what it’s worth, his social media accounts still feature him in a Canucks jersey.

Do the Canucks have a spot for Tryamkin?

The other side of the coin is the Canucks are no longer in a position where they can gift a spot in the lineup to an unknown quantity like Tryamkin. Just what Jim Benning will be willing to pay Tryamkin will be interesting to see, especially with the Canucks’ issues pertaining to the salary cap.

Vancouver currently has four NHL defencemen under contract for next season (Alex Edler, Tyler Myers, Jordie Benn, and Quinn Hughes), with Troy Stecher under team control as a restricted free agent. Chris Tanev and Oscar Fantenberg are set to become unrestricted free agents.

“We’d love to have him back,” Benning told Sportsnet 650 last June. “As we’re watching the Stanley Cup playoffs and we’re seeing size and strength of St Louis’ defence, he could be a big part of our group and he’s a young player.”

• Thanks 1

On 2/13/2020 at 3:17 AM, canuktravella said:

benning is gonna makes moves at deadline especially if tryamkin is finished yr i khl  sign him 3 yrs jimbo   he was a beast when i wat hed him play against ducks  getzlaf and perry and kesler were scared to  go into canucks zone by end of the game. 

id love seeing what juolevi, rafferty and lind and gaz can do in bigs before playoffs.

Hopefully benning unloads some of our vets at deadline  this team might ge getting wins but being outshot constantly isnt a good thing. In my eyes   4 of 7of  this group  (Schaller, Tanev, Sutter, Stecher, Fantenberg, Leivo, Baertchi) should be traded as cap dumps or in package deals for upgrades.  Eriksson needs to retire next yr or permanently play his contract out in ahl.

miller petey virtanen

pearson horvat boeser

ferland  gaudette macewen 

roussel  beagle motte 

gravovac, bailey, lind, goldobin  

edler myers

hughes tryamkin 

juolevi benn

rafferty, brisbois 

you're missing my boi, jack rathbone

17 minutes ago, SilentSam said:

Would you mind posting what Russian media you’ve been reading please?

Everything I and others here have been posting is exactly the opposite to those remarks , and has been this whole season.

Here you go:

February 9, 2020:

https://sport.rambler.ru/other/43648303-kto-iz-ogranichenno-svobodnyh-agentov-khl-mozhet-smenit-klub-v-mezhsezone-2020/

https://www.khl.ru/players/17594/

https://sport24.ru/news/hockey/2020-01-19-zashchitnik-avtomobilista-nikita-tryamkin-mozhet-vernutsya-v-nkhl

Here are couple quotes from the last link:

"Кажется, что «Ванкувер» судит о Трямкине по старой памяти и не до конца понимает, что он из себя представляет здесь и сейчас."

It seems that Vancouver is judging about Triamkin based on  old memories about him and don't understand how he looks right now.

This is direct quote (Nikita):

"Ванкувер — наркоманский город, что уж тут. Все курят траву повсеместно. Город весь в дыму. "

"Vancouver is the city of drug addicts. Everybody smokes pot everyvere. The whole city is in smoke"

So, I doubt that he will be back. Keep in mind that $1.5mil in Russia >$2.5 mil here.

And he can sign for 1.5 somewhere in Russia, imo

30 minutes ago, Silent Man said:

Here you go:

February 9, 2020:

https://sport.rambler.ru/other/43648303-kto-iz-ogranichenno-svobodnyh-agentov-khl-mozhet-smenit-klub-v-mezhsezone-2020/

https://www.khl.ru/players/17594/

https://sport24.ru/news/hockey/2020-01-19-zashchitnik-avtomobilista-nikita-tryamkin-mozhet-vernutsya-v-nkhl

Here are couple quotes from the last link:

"Кажется, что «Ванкувер» судит о Трямкине по старой памяти и не до конца понимает, что он из себя представляет здесь и сейчас."

It seems that Vancouver is judging about Triamkin based on  old memories about him and don't understand how he looks right now.

This is direct quote (Nikita):

"Ванкувер — наркоманский город, что уж тут. Все курят траву повсеместно. Город весь в дыму. "

"Vancouver is the city of drug addicts. Everybody smokes pot everyvere. The whole city is in smoke"

So, I doubt that he will be back. Keep in mind that $1.5mil in Russia >$2.5 mil here.

And he can sign for 1.5 somewhere in Russia, imo

What you say is true, but there's only one league where he can compete for the Stanley Cup. If he is interested in pushing his game as far as he can push it, Vancouver is a team that will ALWAYS spend to the cap if there is an opportunity to make the playoffs and compete.

He came to the draft when he originally met with / was interviewed by the Canucks. This is a guy that wants to compete in the NHL. I think he'll be back, for next season if not before.

• Upvote 1

4 hours ago, aGENT said:

Just as much to do with this is having Myers to help shoulder load as well. Regardless of what anyone thinks of Myers individual performance this year, the hard minutes aren't solely on Tanev and Edler's shoulders anymore and it's done wonders for their play and health. That alone makes his signing worthwhile.

That trickle down effect is definitely a positive, but there's no way it's worth 6 million per.