The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Young Stars GDT [Jets v. Canucks 2pm PST - Streamed]

Brick Tamland

honestly, I'm just tired of seeing excuses for these prospects. It's always "don't judge a kid off one game" or something about there being lots of hockey to be played. When can we finally just say, "wow this guy is good"

This is why I'm in favour of tanking this year. Outside of shinkaruk, I don't think we have any true high end offensive prospects. The 2015 draft is stacked and we can find a superstar in it with a top 5 pick or so.

My thoughts.

Shink- played a great game Him and Jensen together was pretty good.

Jensen- Looked real good. He stood out very much from the crop and got 2 assists. Pretty dang good night for him.

Gaunce- Hated his performance last game made it up this game.

Vaulk- Need to sign this guy even if its just for the AHL.

Horvat- Need more from him... not looking like our top prospect.

Corrado- Very dissapointing for 2 games.

Rest of the D- In the same boat as corrado.

Fox- Well we didn't get to see much of him but he did kick some ass :P

You know regardless of this shitty start to the prospect tourney, I was thinking that we need a major change in our draft strategy. This safe 2 way forward shit isn't getting us anywhere. The only prospect we have that looks any decent right now is vey (who we didn't draft) and shinkaruk (skill forward).

Horvat looks like he has digressed. He looks to be the next Manny malhotra.

Gaunce is a projected 3rd line center because of his lack of creativity and skating.

McCann who the he'll knows because he can't keep his tongue in his own mouth. Regardless he's ceiling is a 2nd line 2 way center.

Very troubling.

Archived