The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Early impressions of Willie Desjardins?

Sixteen W's

Guest Cuporbust2

His line management is great. Team plays well for him. Waaaay to early to tell much, but I could see him here for a long time if early indications are anything.

Been fine.

That's an understatement. He's been great and even though it's a handful of games, he's been great so far.

He's a players coach and players want to play for him. He is very well spoken, interacts with players at a human level (not some robotic one where he expects players to be Godly), has excellent game strategies and as we can see, his style of play is perfect for the team. Have outplayed the opponents every game and he uses players to their strenghts and doesn't force them into an uncomfortable situations which they aren't the best at/are asking for.

Can clearly see after a long long time the entire team is behind our bench boss and there is no ruckus in the locker room. It's a great change to see with so many years of noise and the players really play for him and give it their all.

I've liked him so far, hasn't done anything objectionable and I've liked watching the team play. Obviously with a new coach there's going to be some growing pains. I like how he's left the Sedins and Vrbata to just play their game. I hope he focuses on developing Bonino, Kassian and Vey.

I'm much happier with Willie behind the bench than Torts - at least so far. I like his soft spoken personality but he still has a passion for the game. I feel Willie will do whatever he can to help his team play at their best. I like the success he's had rolling all 4 lines.

Let's not get ahead of ourselves, we all remember how the Torts for coach of the year went after new year

Exactly. I am glad I am not the only one to remember that not 11 month ago.

Torts was being classified as the greatest Canuck coach of all time by many on this site.

Archived