The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Call Up] Ronalds Kenins to join Canucks

TheRussianRocket.

http://canucks.nhl.com/club/player.htm?id=8477589

@OD_Pitarresi:

Not confirmed, but ... Comets winger Ronalds Kenins likely headed to Vancouver Canucks for a while.

@OD_Pitarresi:

Kenins is 5-7-12, plus 6 in 36 games. Rugged ball of muscle. Member of Latvian national team. Plays smart.

Take this as Dorsett is out for a bit. Sucks that no one stood up for him and Kesler getting no fine/suspension was just salt in the wound. Hope Derek gets well soon, great guy!

As for this move, really excited about it! Been wanting to see Kenins ever since his play at the Olympics. Potential regular bottom sixer. Fairly big body at 6'0" 200lbs, plays a fundamental game and is intelligent on the ice. Pretty much all I know about him, would be nice if someone else with more knowledge could give is some insight on what else he brings to the table.

Kind of odd Jensen got overlooked but understandable. Kenins has more toughness and he deserves a shot anyways. Hope he gets some games and isn't just called to the pressbox :lol:

stupid move.... literally so many better choices.

How is it stupid?

Dorsett is a bottom 6 player which we needed to replace for the time being, Kenins is a good call up since he brings speed, toughness, grit, as well he's played against men in latvia so why don't we give this kid a chance?

I get that they are replacing Dorsett, but what happened to JB saying that Nik Jensen might be the top 6 forward they need. I would have preferred to see Jensen. Might have spiked his indifferent game as of late.

Liked Kenins at the Olympics......looking forward to seeing where he fits long term, and as an NHLer.

I have no idea about Kenins style. I suspect as he is a FA soon, I guess they want to find out if he has a future in the league. I'd like to see Grneier get a chnace to, he also needs resigning soon

Two-way, gritty forward with bottom six potential is what I've heard.

I have no idea about Kenins style. I suspect as he is a FA soon, I guess they want to find out if he has a future in the league. I'd like to see Grneier get a chnace to, he also needs resigning soon

Potentially something between a Hansen and a Torres.

Archived