The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[GDT] Winnipeg Jets @ Vancouver Canucks | 02.03.15 | 7:00 PM PST - SN Pacific | The Ballad of Zack Kassian

Brad Marchand

mo7ILmv.jpg

Vancouver Canucks (27-18-3) vs. Winnipeg Jets (26-18-8)

Projected Starting Lineups

Will be updated as more information becomes available

large.png

Danielš Sedinš – Henrikš Sedinš – Radimš Vrbataš

Shawnš Matthiaš – Nickš Boninoš – Jannikš Hansenš

Chriš Higginš – Lindenš Veyš – Alexandreš Burrowš

Ronaldš Keninš – Boš Horvatš – Derekš Dorsettš

Alexanderš Edlerš – Chriš Tanevš

Danš HamhuišLucaš Sbisaš

Ryanš Stantonš – Adamš Clendeningš

Eddieš Lackš

Ryanš Millerš

Injured Reserve

Bradš Richardsonš

Kevinš Bieksaš

Frankš Corradoš

Healthy Scratches

Ryanš Stantonš

Yannickš Weberš

Stuck in Purgatory

Zackš Kassianš

large.png

Andrewš Laddš – Bryanš Littleš – Blakes Wheelerš

Mathieuš Perreaultš – Markš Scheifeleš – Michaelš Frolikš

Evanders Kaneš – Adamš Lowryš – Chriš Thorburnš

TJš Galiardiš – Jimš Slaterš – Anthonyš Pelusoš

Tobiaš Enstromš – Dustinš Byfuglienš

Benš Chiarotš – Zachš Bogosianš

Markš Stuartš – Jacobš Troubaš

Ondrejš Pavelecš

Michaelš Hutchinsonš

302473-bc9c21c5c6f18f457f03c2a30387f3f7.

Canucks fans be like:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qncLmyXDtrU

Zack Kassian will sit again tonight. Desjardins wouldn't confirm Lack starts. Corrado doubtful as he isn't feeling well. #Canucks.

No Zack Kassian tonight, and you wonder when we'll see Kassian again (if ever). Push is coming to shove here.

Both teams need a win tonight. Will the Canucks have any emotion without their leader?

The Jets are exactly the type of big, physical, fast team that have dominated puck-possession against the Canucks all season. Anyone who watched the Jets game against the Kings just before the All-Star break saw how they pushed the Kings around in way us Canuck fans could only dream of. Then they did the same thing to the Hawks. It was impressive.

Jets are in a mini-funk since the All-Star break, and coming off a game and travel last night might be enough to slow them down for us. PP will be key; the Jets take a lot of penatlies.

At this point of the homestand, I'd take a loser point against one of the best road teams in the league.

There's a serious chance we go 1-5. It just doesn't get any easier either. This month we only play 2 of the 13 remaining games against teams below .500 who are out of the playoff picture. Looking at the games it's not hard to see us drop below the Stars and Avs in the standings.

Dan Murphy@sportsnetmurph 14s14 seconds ago

Zack Kassian will sit again tonight. Desjardins wouldn't confirm Lack starts. Corrado doubtful as he isn't feeling well. #Canucks.

Matthew Sekeres@mattsekeres 2m2 minutes ago

No Zack Kassian tonight, and you wonder when we'll see Kassian again (if ever). Push is coming to shove here.

I get Kassian might not deserve to play, but sitting him and then hearing him complain in the media can't be good for his value, if he has any.

I have a feeling CDC might crash once they hear the return if Kassian is traded, hopes are way too high.

Both teams need a win tonight. Will the Canucks have any emotion without their leader?

The Jets are exactly the type of big, physical, fast team that have dominated puck-possession against the Canucks all season. Anyone who watched the Jets game against the Kings just before the All-Star break saw how they pushed the Kings around in way us Canuck fans could only dream of. Then they did the same thing to the Hawks. It was impressive.

Jets are in a mini-funk since the All-Star break, and coming off a game and travel last night might be enough to slow them down for us. PP will be key; the Jets take a lot of penatlies.

At this point of the homestand, I'd take a loser point against one of the best road teams in the league.

There's a serious chance we go 1-5. It just doesn't get any easier either. This month we only play 2 of the 13 remaining games against teams below .500 who are out of the playoff picture. Looking at the games it's not hard to see us drop below the Stars and Avs in the standings.

It's never too late for a late season swan dive for a better draft pick. Might also convince some of the vets with NTC to waive just to GTFO of dodge.

Buff will be unstoppable, Wheeler, Kane and Ladd will dominate.

#TankNation

Yikes... I guess you can't sit Ronalds after his last 2 games.

Honestly id rather kassian in than Higgins though. Oh well... Let's c how this unfolds.

:picard: Just ask for a trade Kass you deserve better than this.

I disagree with sitting Kass. This would have been a great night to see him play with a fire under his arse. Let him play with some emotion.

If he under performs then so be it - everyone from TL to CDC will know there are some issues there.

Now he sits in the press box for the 2nd straight game which basically announces that Kassian is going to be traded which further decreases his value because a) he is scratched and B) every other GM knows that we are essentially forced to deal him (ala Kesler)

Vey is not a better option than Kassian no matter which way you slice the pie. I understand Kass' frustration with the clear double standard but he can't be sounding off like that.

I get Kassian might not deserve to play, but sitting him and then hearing him complain in the media can't be good for his value, if he has any.

I have a feeling CDC might crash once they hear the return if Kassian is traded, hopes are way too high.

The Canucks cannot really play him tonight after his complaints appeared in the media. The unwritten rule is that you just "suck it up" and don't complain. It would send the wrong message to everyone if a guy gets "rewarded" for complaining to the media.

Just one more way in which Kass does not "get it".

I agree his trade value is low --low enough that it is probably not worth trading him now. He will probably be worth more after the season ends and this "controversy" is forgotten.

Desjardins doesn't like Kass because of inconsistency. So consistently not delivery offense like Chris Higgins will lead to guaranteed second line minutes?

I agree with almost everything Desjardins does, but the Kassian thing is turning into a soap opera and is not something that should be getting this out of hand with a coach who has the skill set to calm players down.

Archived