The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Claim] Canucks Claim Brandon Mcmillian from AZ

HowYaDrouin

This a dumb a move, straight up I don't support it. Makes zero sense to have this guy on our team. I don't get it? This move is so dumb, I am like speechless at the moment because there is zero point for this move.

Kinda like keeping Edler after his league worst plus minus last year.

where just not use to it but a gm who actually gets depth when we need it.... but i am thinking there is something else in the works.....perhaps a trade or two...kassian is just beefing up his value, keep scoring those goals...

If he keeps scoring those goals and becomes a better player...why do we want to trade him?

"He's a guy we identified and have been watching for a while....."

Question...since he was put on waivers, and we claim him. To send him to Utica, do we need to reset the clock on his waivers? Or does the clock keep ticking and he goes to Utica?

Arizona can re-claim him if we try to send him to Utica

and in that case, they can automatically send McMillan down to their farm team without putting him through waivers

He has 34 points in 164 games, why do we need this? We already have a guy named Will Action at the farm.

Its called depth. Acton couldnt make an impact with a crappy team like the oilers. Mcmillan was at least somewhat of a regular. Also hes more offensively talented than acton.

If we can get an early second for Matthias I think we pull the trigger. If it's not going to be that then let's keep him

A team in position to draft early 2nd is not going to trade for a rental though

So we're keeping him unless a late 1st - in which case Benning throws Matthias a contract first and says "sign now or I'm trading you"

Its called depth. Acton couldnt make an impact with a crappy team like the oilers. Mcmillan was at least somewhat of a regular. Also hes more offensively talented than acton.

I still don't get it. Is richardson being shipped out because we have enough bodies to play on this team with Kennins and Kassian performing much better, it is actaully making good competition. I don't feel this player will be better then Mathias or Richardson, this move is pointless that's all.

He's from Richmond but just simply more depth in the organization. All I know is he can skate like the wind

If he's responsible with and without the puck...and can skate well...it's a good pickup cause we've seen already how well those players fit into willies system.In Benning we trust. :)

I still don't get it. Is richardson being shipped out because we have enough bodies to play on this team with Kennins and Kassian performing much better, it is actaully making good competition. I don't feel this player will be better then Mathias or Richardson, this move is pointless that's all.

10-11 goals against on the PK in like the last 8-9 games without Richardson

After being the #1 and #2 PK team all year

Maybe that shows other teams that Richie is a very effective center, or that we need him just as much for now

Brandon is only 24 and could still be developing into a dependable 3rd liner with good offensive ability, he was a former 3rd rounder (85th overall from Anaheim)

I'm guessing this is tuning up the roster for a trade or maybe sending Kennins down so he can get 15-20 minutes of icetime ?
He's been playing well but that is an option as well

I also wouldn't be surprised if we re-signed Matthias, Richardson and Dorsett. All 3 have been really good for us this year. Higgins and Hansen may be trade bait to make room for young blood next year.

Y u so mad about a player being picked up for free?

Archived