The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

2 minutes ago, Theguy445 said:

Hey man it's the offseason and I was just having fun looking for Boeser comparables until I came across this lol. The vast majority had great careers but I came across this and thought, how $&!#ty would it be if our best prospect turned out like this guy? Not out of the realm of possibility technically speaking.

Nothing's out of the realm of possibility. For all we know a meteor could come out of nowhere tomorrow and Boeser's career could be over... not that any of us would be able to care at that point.....

3 hours ago, The Lock said:

Nothing's out of the realm of possibility. For all we know a meteor could come out of nowhere tomorrow and Boeser's career could be over... not that any of us would be able to care at that point.....

I guess you mean a really big meteor, not just a little one hitting Brock.

3 hours ago, Theguy445 said:

Hey man it's the offseason and I was just having fun looking for Boeser comparables until I came across this lol. The vast majority had great careers but I came across this and thought, how $&!#ty would it be if our best prospect turned out like this guy? Not out of the realm of possibility technically speaking.

For what it's worth, I was a kid living in Winnipeg and a big fan of the Jets in the 1980s who was fortunate enough to have parents that had season tickets since 1977 at the old Winnipeg Arena (I got to watch Bobby Hull, Anders Hedberg, Ulf Nillson, Kent Nillson, Lars-Erik Sjoeberg beat the Soviet National Team on a frigid day in January 1978 as a 12 year old kid). 

I remember Perry Berezan very well because, if you recall, everyone following their favorite team was witness to intense 7-8 intra-division games, and I got my fill of the Canucks, Oilers, Flames and Kings as they battled my beloved Jets in the Smythe Division.  Berezan had great wheels/hands, was from a solid NCAA program where he played for legendary coach Gino Gasparini, and came into the NHL with a ton of promise.  Then injuries struck and that was pretty much it for his hockey career. 

In no way, would I hope for that sort of fate for Brock Boeser.  Here's hoping that Boeser has a long, healthy and productive career for the Canucks.

BTW, since living in Vancouver from 1989 to 1997 and returning in 2005 and being here since, I'm a diehard Canucks fan.  I can't even identify with the current version of the Jets (Atlanta Thrashers to me) nor the Arizona Coyotes.

• Upvote 3

14 hours ago, Theguy445 said:

What if Boeser turns out like this guy? http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=338

Both had great freshman seasons, and both put 5 points in 9 games the year after, and then have less then promising careers.

LOL very funny comparison, they do have a similar path...but I don't think the NCAA was the same caliber as it is today, so for that reason, their NHL similarities should end there.

• Upvote 1

16 hours ago, Theguy445 said:

What if Boeser turns out like this guy? http://www.hockeydb.com/ihdb/stats/pdisplay.php?pid=338

Both had great freshman seasons, and both put 5 points in 9 games the year after, and then have less then promising careers.

I think you deserve some credit for finding a guy that went to North Dakota , put up good numbers, and then played 9 games in the NHL  where he put up 5 points.  And over 30 years ago...

• Upvote 2

10 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

For what it's worth, I was a kid living in Winnipeg and a big fan of the Jets in the 1980s who was fortunate enough to have parents that had season tickets since 1977 at the old Winnipeg Arena (I got to watch Bobby Hull, Anders Hedberg, Ulf Nillson, Kent Nillson, Lars-Erik Sjoeberg beat the Soviet National Team on a frigid day in January 1978 as a 12 year old kid). 

I remember Perry Berezan very well because, if you recall, everyone following their favorite team was witness to intense 7-8 intra-division games, and I got my fill of the Canucks, Oilers, Flames and Kings as they battled my beloved Jets in the Smythe Division.  Berezan had great wheels/hands, was from a solid NCAA program where he played for legendary coach Gino Gasparini, and came into the NHL with a ton of promise.  Then injuries struck and that was pretty much it for his hockey career. 

In no way, would I hope for that sort of fate for Brock Boeser.  Here's hoping that Boeser has a long, healthy and productive career for the Canucks.

BTW, since living in Vancouver from 1989 to 1997 and returning in 2005 and being here since, I'm a diehard Canucks fan.  I can't even identify with the current version of the Jets (Atlanta Thrashers to me) nor the Arizona Coyotes.

I had an older cousin that moved to Winnipeg in those years and started dating then got married to Laurie Boschman.

As a kid, spending time with a REAL nhl player felt as if I was hanging with the gods.

One of the sweetest guys I've ever known (despite all those 200+ pim seasons).

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, nzan said:

I had an older cousin that moved to Winnipeg in those years and started dating then got married to Laurie Boschman.

As a kid, spending time with a REAL nhl player felt as if I was hanging with the gods.

One of the sweetest guys I've ever known (despite all those 200+ pim seasons).

Laurie Boschman = good, solid Christian man.  You would have never known that based on the way he played hockey.  Boschman may be one of the dirtiest hockey players I have ever seen play the game...a roster with Boschman, Paul McDermid, Shawn Cronin, Gord Donnelly and Bryan Marchment is what I remember.  Throw in the Swedish Goon (Thomas Steen), and you had a team that was ready to take the game into the alley.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, bigbadcanucks said:

Laurie Boschman = good, solid Christian man.  You would have never known that based on the way he played hockey.  Boschman may be one of the dirtiest hockey players I have ever seen play the game...a roster with Boschman, Paul McDermid, Shawn Cronin, Gord Donnelly and Bryan Marchment is what I remember.  Throw in the Swedish Goon (Thomas Steen), and you had a team that was ready to take the game into the alley.

Yup! it was a heck of a team.

when I was 10 or 11 for my birthday he sent me a pennant signed by all the guys on that team. It was the most important thing in my whole life.

Edited by nzan

50 minutes ago, numb3r 16 said:

What a sniper. I caught the game right at the end and it's a glorified all-star game, but it's hockey in July so hard to complain. The announcer sounds like he's sitting on the toilet reading the newspaper outloud but there's another game coming up so I'll catch that one with the volume down methinks.

Is this a replay of the game? Seems like. http://kfan.iheart.com/onair/the-kfan-bits-page-41820/live-stream-da-beauty-league-playbyplay-15987551/

No Canucks in here I don't think, but this is the live game. http://kfan.iheart.com/onair/the-kfan-bits-page-41820/live-stream-da-beauty-league-tria-15987559/

Edited by canuckledraggin

6 hours ago, SynysterGates said:

Brocks looking awesome, but gotta do something about that hideous number.

https://fortnucks.com/2017/03/26/brock-n-roll/

Boeser, the 23rd overall pick in the 2015 draft, wore No. 16 at UND, but that number is kind of off limits with the Canucks. Alas he became the first forward and 12th Canucks player to wear No. 6, in a tribute to his friend Ty Alyea, a former baseball teammate who died in a vehicle accident in 2014. 

Edited by mll
  • Upvote 3

6 hours ago, SynysterGates said:

Brocks looking awesome, but gotta do something about that hideous number.

If you watch the video of his parents in the locker room before his home debut. It's his father's old number and he nearly started crying when his dad mentioned it to him. It's safe to say it has a special meaning to him.

• Upvote 3

6 hours ago, Derp... said:

Wait wait wait wait wait.....

Has anyone thought about calling Brock...

The BB Gun? 

Its a natural fit. 

Not bad!  You can call him whatever you want, I like Bowzer for some reason though he looks more like a koopa troopa. 

5 hours ago, mll said:

https://fortnucks.com/2017/03/26/brock-n-roll/

Boeser, the 23rd overall pick in the 2015 draft, wore No. 16 at UND, but that number is kind of off limits with the Canucks. Alas he became the first forward and 12th Canucks player to wear No. 6, in a tribute to his friend Ty Alyea, a former baseball teammate who died in a vehicle accident in 2014. 

Yep. And #6 was also the number Brock's dad wore.