thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

Recommended Posts

On 6/29/2018 at 10:13 AM, Tre Mac said:

I was bored so I watched all his goals from last year.  Aside from the 'he's gonna go for a skate' goal all of them were on his stick for less than 2s, and most were quick snipes.  Him and EP40 are going to go together like bacon and cheddar.... Or peanut butter and chocolate, your choice.

I just watched that a few days ago as well. Lots of goals were set up by a Sedin or Vanek. I was hoping we'd sign Vanek again...

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/11/2018 at 7:50 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Nice hat trick.   Was curious, if Brock Boeser gets a hat trick and Matt Murray is not there to see it, is it still lucky?

actually

it's like these boards

if vintage canuck did not post it

it did not happen

 

if brock pots 3 goals

and mm is not in that net

it's not a hat trick

  • Haha 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Canckelhead said:

Do you feel Boeser's skating is his biggest weakness right now?

I think checking Clutterbuck was his biggest weakness, but yes the skating he is working on this summer.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
4 hours ago, Canckelhead said:

Do you feel Boeser's skating is his biggest weakness right now?

There's definitely room for improvement (as there is with alot of players) but I don't see it as a big weakness. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting where he needs to be.

 

 

However his top end speed could be improved so that he can get a step on the defender and make it less likely that his shots get deflected. That will give him even more scoring chances.

  • Like 2
  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

There's definitely room for improvement (as there is with alot of players) but I don't see it as a big weakness. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting where he needs to be.

 

 

However his top end speed could be improved so that he can get a step on the defender and make it less likely that his shots get deflected. That will give him even more scoring chances.

Is this the Sergachev is a bust video? ;) on a more serious note, I wonder if Bo’s summer skating coach could help some of the other Canuck skaters

 

  • Upvote 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
46 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Is this the Sergachev is a bust video? ;) on a more serious note, I wonder if Bo’s summer skating coach could help some of the other Canuck skaters

 

How about Ellen Hughes ??  ;)

  • Hydration 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
18 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

How about Ellen Hughes ??  ;)

I’m sure she can help with edge work! 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 7/14/2018 at 10:22 AM, BCNate said:

I hope that Brock is signed for at least 6 years, hopefully 8.  I think getting your young guys locked in long term right after the ELC is the best way to build.  That way you have certainty of what you are paying your core stars, and you can build out the rest of the roster form there.  If Boeser picks up where he left off, and can put up 40 goals as a sophmore, I wouldn't bat an eye at 8x8.

I would say that once our young guns get out of their ELC's and into their big contracts out of them, the Canucks will be a contending team.

 

Lock down Boeser, Pettersson, and Demko and we'll be golden for years. Obviously that's pending Pettersson and Demko make it big in the NHL.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now


  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.