The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

thejazz97

34 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Good God! Look at what some of the posters on HF Ottawa Senators think they would get for Karlsson:

Hughes, Tanev, Gaudette, 1st in 2019, 2nd in 2020

Hughes Juolevi 1st 2019 2nd 2020

Elias Petersson + Tanev + 2019 1st

Edit: at least there were a few Sens posters admitting they would not get anything like that

Where do the Sens fans think he is most likely to go ? Surely we aren't in their top 'most likely' list !

1 minute ago, SingleThorn said:

Where do the Sens fans think he is most likely to go ? Surely we aren't in their top 'most likely' list !

They only speculated on what they could get from Vancouver when Friedman came out with that rumor the other day.

I think lots want to keep him and some think he would go to Tampa or a couple other teams. Van isn't really who they think will get him if he does go.

• Thanks 1

40 minutes ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Good God! Look at what some of the posters on HF Ottawa Senators think they would get for Karlsson:

Edit: at least there were a few Sens posters admitting they would not get anything like that

I (almost, but not really) feel sorry for Senator’s fans.  Clearly their GM got abused when we got Dahlen for Burrows.  Then, the guy got destroyed giving up his coming (not protected) first round pick for Duchene.  Their fans want their team to win any EK trade, so they can save something.  The problem is EK is a coming UFA, and will get very little return unless he signs first, or has a deal in place before he’s traded.  A trade to any team other than TBay, and EK will go the UFA route.  Unless Dorion can find a GM as gullible as himself (Bergevin?) the Sen’s fans are going to be very disappointed in any EK return.  :lol:  oh, whoops.  I should be more compassionate, BUT I’M NOT!!!  :lol::lol:

• Like 1

9 minutes ago, Alflives said:

I (almost, but not really) feel sorry for Senator’s fans.  Clearly their GM got abused when we got Dahlen for Burrows.  Then, the guy got destroyed giving up his coming (not protected) first round pick for Duchene.  Their fans want their team to win any EK trade, so they can save something.  The problem is EK is a coming UFA, and will get very little return unless he signs first, or has a deal in place before he’s traded.  A trade to any team other than TBay, and EK will go the UFA route.  Unless Dorion can find a GM as gullible as himself (Bergevin?) the Sen’s fans are going to be very disappointed in any EK return.  :lol:  oh, whoops.  I should be more compassionate, BUT I’M NOT!!!  :lol::lol:

Agreed. It is amazing how quickly the Senators organization has burned to the ground. That doesn't even include the whole issue with harassment by a players girlfriend and a Senators management person being accused of abuse. Geez!!

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

Wow, they're dumb as boards. 

• Like 2
  • Upvote 2

1 hour ago, Kanukfanatic said:

LOL.. If they keep on hallucinating like that, they might even be able to convince themselves that they are going to win the Stanley cup this year.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

On 8/24/2018 at 10:38 AM, N7Nucks said:

Shame Boeser never got a full season. Would have made the Calder race much more interesting. Guy was having such a fantastic year. Was on pace for roughly 38 goals 34 assists. Goals being worth more than assists would have made up for the 13 point difference between him and Barzal. He would have scored 16 more goals than Barzal over a full season. Hell, he scored 7 more goals than Barzal in 20 fewer games. Lol. Boeser is my Rocket Richard sleeper pick this year :ph34r:

Goals are not worth more than assists... point totals makes the Calder Trophy winner.

5 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

I thought you were talking about forwards... isn't Barzal and Brock both forwards?

Yes, but that plays into my point that points aren't the end all be all. Goals mean more than assists. Therefore the totality of Barzal's points don't mean as much when Boeser has a massive goal differential. 

2 minutes ago, N7Nucks said:

Yes, but that plays into my point that points aren't the end all be all. Goals mean more than assists. Therefore the totality of Barzal's points don't mean as much when Boeser has a massive goal differential. 

Name a recent winner that was not the points leader or a dman or goalie. Normally it is just points other than a year where points are within a couple of each other.

2 minutes ago, Westcoasting said:

Name a recent winner that was not the points leader or a dman or goalie. Normally it is just points other than a year where points are within a couple of each other.

All the recent winners had more points and coincidentally more goals than most of the runner ups. Huberdeau won with fewer goals than the runner up, but the difference was one goal. He had 3 more points. Patty Kane had 3 fewer goals than Toews, but had 18 more points. So that's not really comparable cause if Boeser played a full season he'd have had roughly 15 more goals than Barzal. 

All in all the last 11ish years all the point leaders also had more goals. And those that didn't were within 3-5 goals of the goal leader and had more points so the goal difference was minor. This would have been one of the rare years where we seen a guy had a 10+ point lead on the second highest scorer but also had 10+ fewer goals than him too. Which is what I am eluding too. Had Boeser played a full season the Calder race would have been much more interesting cause his goal lead on Barzal would have been close to 16 goals.

For more proof, Keller had 10 more points than Boeser, but was 3rd in Calder voting. Yanni Gourde had 7 more points than Kyle Connor, but finished 2 spots lower than him in voting. Debrincat had more goals and more points than Dubois but Dubois is a center and does everything whereas Debrincat is primarily a scorer. Two way centers generally get more love than scoring wingers.

On ‎8‎/‎25‎/‎2018 at 7:40 PM, N7Nucks said:

Agreed, I thought the vote should've been a lot closer.  I'd even go as far as to say he should've won it but you know, hometown bias. 

On ‎8‎/‎26‎/‎2018 at 1:55 PM, -AJ- said:

I already posted this as a status update, but I thought I'd add it here too:

It's almost scary how similar Ilya Kovalchuk and Brock Boeser's rookie seasons were:

Kovalchuk: 

65 games

29 goals

22 assists

51 points

-19 +/-

Played for 30th place Thrashers

2nd in Calder voting

decent hair

Boeser:

62 games

29 goals