thejazz97

Brock Boeser | #6 | RW

On 6/29/2018 at 10:13 AM, Tre Mac said:

I was bored so I watched all his goals from last year.  Aside from the 'he's gonna go for a skate' goal all of them were on his stick for less than 2s, and most were quick snipes.  Him and EP40 are going to go together like bacon and cheddar.... Or peanut butter and chocolate, your choice.

I just watched that a few days ago as well. Lots of goals were set up by a Sedin or Vanek. I was hoping we'd sign Vanek again...

On 7/11/2018 at 7:50 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Nice hat trick.   Was curious, if Brock Boeser gets a hat trick and Matt Murray is not there to see it, is it still lucky?

actually

it's like these boards

if vintage canuck did not post it

it did not happen

if brock pots 3 goals

and mm is not in that net

it's not a hat trick

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Canckelhead said:

Do you feel Boeser's skating is his biggest weakness right now?

I think checking Clutterbuck was his biggest weakness, but yes the skating he is working on this summer.

4 hours ago, Canckelhead said:

Do you feel Boeser's skating is his biggest weakness right now?

There's definitely room for improvement (as there is with alot of players) but I don't see it as a big weakness. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting where he needs to be.

However his top end speed could be improved so that he can get a step on the defender and make it less likely that his shots get deflected. That will give him even more scoring chances.

• Like 2
  • Upvote 1

2 hours ago, DeNiro said:

There's definitely room for improvement (as there is with alot of players) but I don't see it as a big weakness. He doesn't seem to have a problem getting where he needs to be.

However his top end speed could be improved so that he can get a step on the defender and make it less likely that his shots get deflected. That will give him even more scoring chances.

Is this the Sergachev is a bust video? ;) on a more serious note, I wonder if Bo’s summer skating coach could help some of the other Canuck skaters

• Upvote 1

46 minutes ago, sonoman said:

Is this the Sergachev is a bust video? ;) on a more serious note, I wonder if Bo’s summer skating coach could help some of the other Canuck skaters

How about Ellen Hughes ??  ;)

• Hydration 1

18 minutes ago, redhdlois said:

How about Ellen Hughes ??  ;)

I’m sure she can help with edge work! 

On 7/14/2018 at 10:22 AM, BCNate said:

I hope that Brock is signed for at least 6 years, hopefully 8.  I think getting your young guys locked in long term right after the ELC is the best way to build.  That way you have certainty of what you are paying your core stars, and you can build out the rest of the roster form there.  If Boeser picks up where he left off, and can put up 40 goals as a sophmore, I wouldn't bat an eye at 8x8.

I would say that once our young guns get out of their ELC's and into their big contracts out of them, the Canucks will be a contending team.

Lock down Boeser, Pettersson, and Demko and we'll be golden for years. Obviously that's pending Pettersson and Demko make it big in the NHL.