The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Fire Benning

Grand17

Not sure who Gilles is, but he sounds like a cool guy.

Either way... stop it. The Lack deal wasn't stellar by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not a highway robbery by the Hurricanes either. It was a trade that was inevitible. Benning has made more good moves then bad, at this point, so take a deep breath and have a little faith.

Not exactly happy with his moves so far, but he's no where near how bad Gillis was for a decade.

Benning really disappointed me in the 2nd round here, there were so many talented players from 30-50.

I think the jets, so far, have won the draft.

Not sure who Gilles is, but he sounds like a cool guy.

Either way... stop it. The Lack deal wasn't stellar by any stretch of the imagination, but it's not a highway robbery by the Hurricanes either. It was a trade that was inevitible. Benning has made more good moves then bad, at this point, so take a deep breath and have a little faith.

Oh you know, Gilles Duceppe, that guy that runs for Bloc Quebecois

Hopefully this finally burns the simple truth that you never sign a goalie to a big contract that will carry through into their mid-30s. It is still mind-boggling that after all the Luongo contract garbage that Benning immediately thinks he needs to hang a 6-mil per year weight around his neck when Miller clearly didn't get the job done in St. Louis and was past his prime. He'd never been the same since the Lucic hit.

We've lost another promising younger goalie (though I won't say Lack is in the same category there as Schneider was) because Benning couldn't see what got Gillis fired.

If Miller gets injured, which is almost a sure thing at some point in the season, and Markstrom plays like he has other times when called up, we could see a pretty high draft pick this time next year.

Archived