The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Congrats to Lu - moving up in all time wins - Luuuu

Rate this topic

gizmo2337

23 minutes ago, poetica said:

Yeah he played really well, especially given that he'd played the night before. He made the saves and his team did their part making sure he could see them and then clearing rebounds. Ironically, it was a better team effort than some other games where Luo faced fewer shots. (And it's why it's infuriating when they don't play well, because they clearly can.) They gave Luo a chance to be great and he took it and ran with it.

Neither goal was Luo's fault and the second (non) goal came with like 0.5 second left. Luo made the save and had it under him. The play should have been blown at that point but I guess the ref was hoping to just run out the clock. Instead, a Pred put his stick in Luo's glove and turned Luo around, knocking the puck loose so another Pred could tap it in. I really thought they would let it stand even though it was goalie interference. I was pleasantly shocked that they got the call right.

It was a nice birthday gift for Luo, who is celebrating his 39th today.

I know recently the Panthers led the league in shots on goal per game. They have the talent, and hopefully can put it all together next year to give Lu another playoff run. He's still a high end goalie. I've been pleasantly surprised with his performance this year.

• Upvote 1

• 6 months later...
On 2018-11-05 at 10:51 AM, gizmo2337 said:

Looks like he's back, and picked up W 472 on Friday! If he stays healthy, he should pass Belfour this year.

It would be awesome if he gets 500 this year!!! 

On 2018-03-31 at 12:37 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

So if the Oilers continue to be the, well, Oilers for the next 12 to 15 years (until McDavid retires) and he continues his play as he does and never gets past first round of playoffs ever in that period of time, you don't retire his number?    If Bourque didn't have that one last hurrah on a really stacked Avalanche team?  

Team sport and no ONE player can make the difference.  

Oh, if an a player will not go to a club over a sweater number, he is hardly "elite" as that is far from a team attitude.   Hockey players who are "elite" are first and foremost team players.   Those who worry about things like their number, there is a special term for them.

Marcel Dionne was a bum because he had no Cups.  Dave Semenko is a better player because of his multiple Cups.  /sarcasm....

I have a more selfish motive for wishing Luongo continued success until the end of his contract (so we don’t get stuck with the cap recapture hit)

Edited by NewbieCanuckFan

1 hour ago, NewbieCanuckFan said:

Marcel Dionne was a bum because he had no Cups.  Dave Semenko is a better player because of his multiple Cups.  /sarcasm....

I have a more selfish motive for wishing Luongo continued success until the end of his contract (so we don’t get stuck with the cap recapture hit)

I wonder if he will play past this year, salary gets to be 1.5 or something next year.

On 11/20/2018 at 11:53 AM, HKSR said:

We will... To keep him on the  roster somewhere  so we don't get penalized for the cap penalty.

andddd he's injured again.. at his age i really don't see him going on much longer... might as well get him to retire before the 2020 season as the recapture is lower than his cap hit lol if you are just going to keep him on the roster to avoid the penalty

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...