The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Andrey Pedan | D

SilentSam

23 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

While I salute your compassion, I don't understand how one can feel sorry for Weber. He was given another opportunity to prove his worth to the team with a one year deal. Benning essentially gifted him the spot based on his PP work last season.

Weber has done nothing with it and is out and out the worst defenseman on the roster. He's made his bed and hopefully we see him heading to another team on a trade before seasons end.

Not blind compassion. IMO JB did not gift Weber anything going into the season. He got a show me contract because of his PP production. As you said he has not done much with that and will be gone. My hope is that he does have a offensive spurt that gains a draft pick in March.  

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Soft, small, unskilled....

I'm sure things will get better over time. We just have to watch the pain and agony before the greatness!

I am pretty hopeful Pedan gets at least a game in though. I'll be dissapointed if Biega, who just got called up, gets put in today's game and Pedan's still scratched....

19 minutes ago, J.R. said:

I really wish, while Hutton's out, we could see:

Edler, Tanev
Hamhuis, Sbisa
Pedan, Bartowski

Especially against these heavy California teams.

That lineup already sounds better to me, at least on paper.

Watch, it'll be Biega replacing Sbisa against LA or something weird like that. lol

4 minutes ago, The Lock said:

That lineup already sounds better to me, at least on paper.

Watch, it'll be Biega replacing Sbisa against LA or something weird like that. lol

Sounds like Tanev (who was already a bit banged up) might be iffy for tonight. That's terrifying.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Weber with Edler in that case... Jebus our D sucks.

1 minute ago, J.R. said:

Sounds like Tanev (who was already a bit banged up) might be iffy for tonight. That's terrifying.

Wouldn't be surprised to see Weber with Edler in that case... Jebus our D sucks.

Yeah, if we had offense like Dallas has, it wouldn't be so bad (they need some help on defense as well it seems)...

....but we don't..... lol

13 hours ago, manroth19 said:

Enough of this crap soft defensemen. You got getzlaf running around roughing up rookies behind the play and you got these soft defensemen just watching this happen. Get this guy up here. We need some meat back there. No more weber jesus lord

10 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was watching the game and the tough going...Pedan could have thrown a competitive body check or two to slow them down at least a little. Wow I hate how soft our D is 

Pedan should have been in 3 games ago to prepare for this "Death Valley" portion of the trip.

hate to say this, but i would rather see Biega in instead of Pedan,. I am high on Pedan playing here,. But Not fair tp Pedan to compensate for a lack of team toughness and poor coaching decisions.  Is there a "head shaking" emoticon with an unhappyface i can use?  (•_#)

10 hours ago, Hairy Kneel said:

I was watching the game and the tough going...Pedan could have thrown a competitive body check or two to slow them down at least a little. Wow I hate how soft our D is 

Should we revisit the Tanev for Hamonic deal?  

Pedan is skating at forward in practice today according to the Canucks twitter account. Higgins not at practice. Maybe higgy has been traded or is banged up also? I wonder if they are actually considering Pedan at forward, or if they are just using him to fill that line in practice.

Archived