The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Which Sedin wins the career points battle?

danjr

Will the Sedin's tie when all is said and done?  

59 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Ok the symmetry between the Sedin's has been legendary through most their careers.  Henrik has a 27 point lead in 25 games more played.

Though Daniel has 20 more points Through Olympics, Team Sweden and Worlds.

Henrik does spend more time in the Penalty box, by 25%.  So could this be a difference maker, giving Danny extra rest later in the career?

Some of this is all tongue in cheek.  But I for one would love to see them tie the all time Canucks leader boards for points in a Career.

So vote how you will and give your view on who will be the leader and why.

I think Hank ends up with the most points, but it will be fairly close.

Since they're almost always linemates, Capt. Hook's time spent in the Sin Bin is pretty much a non-issue. Daniel rarely kills penalties, so he'll be on the player's bench for almost all of Hanks penalty time.

Would love to see them retire with the same point totals, but this is the Canucks. The stars just do not align for this franchise...

The Twins have done so much for the franchise and their season this year is one more testament. More important they took their team to the CUP final which I consider a minimum to sweater retirement and pedestal treatment.

This is why I do not think Naslund warranted his sweater retirement but only a ROH.

Both Linden and Smyl did that against big odds. I do not think ppg are a real measure of what a great player can give his team. The Twins, Linden and Smyl all gave it all they had. Another point is the 3 lost years for Trevor Linden. Traded away during a time he would have racked up significant points.  He is still the greatest Canuck IMHO.

I've thought through the years Hank had always been the better player, with Daniel having the odd season where stood out. A couple years ago Daniel looked like he never got over the concussion and was done, and now he looks like still has some good years left in him.

Now it's Hank that has had injury issues, and there's questions about how he'll come back and what his longevitiy is.

This year Daniel is 7 points up on Hank. If they play 4 more years with Daniel outscoring him back around that much every year a tie is very possible.

I am beginning to think Daniel will end up with more points.

The reason:  Hank having more injuries and getting worn down.

Hank has always played the tougher role... he is the guy behind the net and on the half boards getting hit by defensemen.

Daniel is the guy moving into the open ice where he can take a pass and shoot.

Hank's possession time is higher, he is the quarterback, and the longer you hold onto the puck the more likely you are to be hit.

I'd personally like to see them reverse their roles for a while, with Daniel doing the retrieval and setup role  and Hank being the shooter so that Hank has time to recover.  But they probably won't change.

By the way, anyone notice how badly Hank's timing was off in the CBG game?  He was really not passing well.  Hopefully next game he is back in the groove.

5 hours ago, gurn said:

I'm still not convinced they don't change jersey numbers every so often, just for giggles.

It all merits an investigation, actually..yeah, no kiddin!

Whispers from Sweden are they're actually triplets. Noone knows where the 3rd guy lives/trains, but they apparently sub him in when one of Dank/Hank is 'banged up'. It's been said he snipes like Dank, passes like Hank, & is more selfless & humble than his bros.

Archived