The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[EGDT] Super Bowl 50 | Carolina Panthers vs. Denver Broncos | CTV/CBS | 3:30 PM PST |

Blueberries

Questions  

54 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

That's such a silly comment ... so the Carolina Panthers don't deserve it?  Based on what exactly ... ??

I never said that, I'm saying Peyton does deserve another super bowl.....

When did I say anything bad about the Panthers? They deserve it too, but doesn't mean I'm going to cheer for them...

My wager:

Peyton in for another world of hurt.   Carolina's pass rush dictates that he has to get rid of the ball in a hurry - Peyton doesn't have the time / is unable to exploit the Panthers' secondary.  Can Denver's O-line protect the immoblie old guy?  I'm betting no.  If Denver fails to handle the pressure - as they did against Seattle - or if Carolina scores on D as they have the previous few weeks, this could get downright ugly.

Cam and the balanced running/air attack just too much for the Broncos D to hold off all day.  The Broncos D probably need to come up with a score or two, or at least a couple key turnovers and field position....I don't think they'll manage to do so.

Denver's D keeps it respectable, but this one's all Carolina regardless, with the distinct possibility of a blowout.

Broncos win by 3-7 points. Peyton shocks everyone, but me, and runs-that's right -runs for 50-70 yards at critical times. Panthers are caught either laughing or in stunned disbelief, and lose the momentum.

But seriously, Denver's D is just too good and I'm not sure the Panthers can handle the pressure of a SB appearance for the first time. If Cam has a slow start, will he be able to overcome the pressure? I don't think he will this time.

2 hours ago, Jiggs50 said:

Broncos win cause they have the more complete defense. Peyton still does his part and wins sb mvp

Solution to Bronco's D with their good coverage/safeties and dominant front line is to release the ball quick, throw short, use your backs and TE's, set up screens, be patient ... get your yardage a few at a time.  

1 hour ago, Neversummer said:

Solution to Bronco's D with their good coverage/safeties and dominant front line is to release the ball quick, throw short, use your backs and TE's, set up screens, be patient ... get your yardage a few at a time.  

Carolina is so far away from that team lool. If the Panthers win, it will be cause of their run game and Cam ballin out. Which I don't see happening. Broncos d is too dominant. 

30 minutes ago, Jiggs50 said:

Carolina is so far away from that team lool. If the Panthers win, it will be cause of their run game and Cam ballin out. Which I don't see happening. Broncos d is too dominant. 

Yup, I could see Bronco's trying to bait Newton to throw deep which will result in interceptions.  Then fluster the youngen.  

But if Newton doesn't bite on their bait and keep his head on his shoulder ... Panthers should end up with more pts than Denver when the clock strikes 00:00.   

17 hours ago, Neversummer said:

That's such a silly comment ... so the Carolina Panthers don't deserve it?  Based on what exactly ... ??

I've never really understood the whole "player X deserves it" thing. Nobody deserves a ring, unless they play their way to it.

Offhand, I can think of one guy who "deserved" a Superbowl (or at least a shot at one) and that's Rich Gannon. Pats fans will know what I'm talking about.

3 step win for Panthers:

1) run run run(with both Cam and stewart). Power runs to exhaust  the line and get Miller and Ware thinking if Cam is going to keep or give it off.

2) Once the Broncos bring those safeties up, let it fly. Ted Ginn and Brown should come down with it

3) Pancake Miller so I can laugh.

If I see Manning go ham I'll be angry. No way you can suck throughout the season and then play great in the Super Bowl. 

While watching the SB and marveling at the hits,plays and athletic skill, keep this in mind.

From my personal best QB ever.

http://www.msn.com/en-ca/sports/nfl/montana-at-59-i-cant-really-run-or-do-much/ar-BBpcdxf?li=AAggNb9&ocid=AARDHP

"

To hear it from Montana, it sounds like he has spent as much time in an orthopedist’s office than he did on the football field. Start with his arthritis, which is in one of his elbows, his knees and his hands.

“My hands have been, oh my gosh, in the middle of the night they hurt like crazy,’’ Montana said.

Then there’s the balky knee he can’t straighten despite a half-dozen surgeries.

“They kept saying I’ll need a knee replacement when I can’t walk,’’ he said. “I can’t really run or do much with it.’’

Recently, Montana said, he had elbow surgery and now he’s got problems in his neck. To date, he’s had three neck fusions.

“I think I’m headed down the fusion thing again,’’ Montana said. “… The path of a nerve they think is being affected.’’

There’s more nerve damage in one of his eyes.

“It acts like a lazy eye to some degree because every time you’re tired, it kind of goes wherever it feels like a little bit,’’ Montana said. “Not dramatic but just enough where you can’t read or you have to refocus.’’

A doctor said the nerve damage resulted from head trauma, according to Montana."

It seems that many things in life come with a price to be paid, sooner or later.

The key for the Broncos is ball security. Carolina may be the #1 scoring offense but they're only 11th in the league in yardage. If the Broncos can avoid turnovers and give the Panthers long fields every drive they should do alright. Cam got stamped with the MVP curse tonight so hopefully that helps :lol:

10 hours ago, drdeath said:

The key for the Broncos is ball security. Carolina may be the #1 scoring offense but they're only 11th in the league in yardage. If the Broncos can avoid turnovers and give the Panthers long fields every drive they should do alright. Cam got stamped with the MVP curse tonight so hopefully that helps :lol:

Works for our side of the ball too.  I think Wolfe, Jackson, Miller, and Ware can pressure Newton enough to make some bad decisions.  There's no weak link to pick on and we destroyed another mobile quarterback lacking weapons in the Packers game.

Been waiting for this since Miller and co. made Tom Crybaby their bitch.

Archived