The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Loui Eriksson | #21 | LW/RW

-SN-

2 minutes ago, Junkyard Dog said:

Aren't there two types of bonuses? Do both A-level and B-level count toward the cap?

Then there has to be a deadline when that cap carries over. I would figure it is in the off-season before the new season's cap is announced.

Theoretically could you trade the player before that deadline? If you were, perhaps, out of the playoffs to another team that was like-wise?

They count towards the cap if they are earned.

Trading a player after the season doesn’t give you cap space for the year that already passed.    As it stands we ha e virtually all of the ELC bonuses being carried over into next year... so project our cap space next year taking that $3.7 million away And see how much we have to resign players.

Just now, Provost said:

They count towards the cap if they are earned.

Trading a player after the season doesn’t give you cap space for the year that already passed.    As it stands we ha e virtually all of the ELC bonuses being carried over into next year... so project our cap space next year taking that $3.7 million away And see how much we have to resign players.

Are you certain? If the playoffs were still in play than it would be the 2019-20 season still? Trades are capable of being made during the playoffs between teams that are out of it from what I understand. That's why I threw out that idea/theory

I really don't know about these bonuses and circumstances and would like to learn rather than talk out of my ass. That way we can have an actual discussion.

Just now, Junkyard Dog said:

Are you certain? If the playoffs were still in play than it would be the 2019-20 season still? Trades are capable of being made during the playoffs between teams that are out of it from what I understand. That's why I threw out that idea/theory

I really don't know about these bonuses and circumstances and would like to learn rather than talk out of my ass. That way we can have an actual discussion.

Salaries are all paid before the playoffs so you get no relief by trading someone during the playoffs.

Player cap hits are calculated daily During the regular season and pro-rated by how much of the regular season is left.  So trading with zeros left in the season gives you no accrued cap space.

Trading Eriksson halfway through the season means you accrue only half his cap hit as the other half has been paid and charged against your cap.

1 minute ago, Provost said:

Salaries are all paid before the playoffs so you get no relief by trading someone during the playoffs.

Player cap hits are calculated daily During the regular season and pro-rated by how much of the regular season is left.  So trading with zeros left in the season gives you no accrued cap space.

Trading Eriksson halfway through the season means you accrue only half his cap hit as the other half has been paid and charged against your cap.

I see. So they calculated on a daily/game to game basis. 

How about LTIR? If players miss games they're still calculated on a game to game basis or do we get relief based off of what they missed?

2 minutes ago, Provost said:

I'm not sure cap hits are calculated as partial hits midway though the year unless a free agent is signing a new deal (like Nylander and Sundin). Wouldn't we then see contenders buy hugely expensive stars for the final quarter of the season then? I've never heard of anyone using this partial cap situation to their advantage before, so I'm skeptical of it. Do you have past evidence or a link to the CBA point that shows it?

so here's Bo's comments on why Loui's been a good fit:

“Pearse and I were talking about it the other day, we can always count on him to be there defensively,” Horvat said of Eriksson. “He’s always above (the puck), always in the right position. He’s on his wall and gets pucks out of the zone and gets pucks to us. He has complemented our line really well.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/loui-erikssons-startling-turnaround-finally-puts-canucks-crowd-side/

• Cheers 4

5 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

“Pearse and I were talking about it the other day, we can always count on him to be there defensively,” Horvat said of Eriksson. “He’s always above (the puck), always in the right position. He’s on his wall and gets pucks out of the zone and gets pucks to us. He has complemented our line really well.”

https://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/loui-erikssons-startling-turnaround-finally-puts-canucks-crowd-side/

It's a nice change of pace to see the positivity in the thread. I bashed Loui, but can see that he's playing his ass off and making things happen. Not just little things either. Bowling over Ekman-Loser.....I mean Ekman-Larsson and threading that sublime pass to Pearson was awesome.

• Cheers 1

9 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

As has been said many times before on this site (and I guess not for a while by myself), LE is a solid NHL hockey player.   He skates well, he checks well and he is capable of chipping in offense.   Clearly he has not been as effective at scoring since he came to Vancouver but he has been a solid professional and far from hurts the team.   He is very strong on the puck and one of the better PK guys in the league.   He cannot control his contract and if the Canucks are happy with it, who really cares anyway.   This guy, like Virtanen, got personal attacks from fanbase that was at odds with logic as if somehow they had personally wronged those complainers.    

• Cheers 1

11 minutes ago, PhillipBlunt said:

It's a nice change of pace to see the positivity in the thread. I bashed Loui, but can see that he's playing his ass off and making things happen. Not just little things either. Bowling over Ekman-Loser.....I mean Ekman-Larsson and threading that sublime pass to Pearson was awesome.

yeah but at least you were entertaining. Some of it got pretty ugly. 

Nice to see the eye test piece confirmed tho from Bo's comments. 

7 minutes ago, Rob_Zepp said:

As has been said many times before on this site (and I guess not for a while by myself), LE is a solid NHL hockey player.   He skates well, he checks well and he is capable of chipping in offense.   Clearly he has not been as effective at scoring since he came to Vancouver but he has been a solid professional and far from hurts the team.   He is very strong on the puck and one of the better PK guys in the league.   He cannot control his contract and if the Canucks are happy with it, who really cares anyway.   This guy, like Virtanen, got personal attacks from fanbase that was at odds with logic as if somehow they had personally wronged those complainers.    

The Virtanen stuff imo was a generation growing up thinking everyone's on McDavid's development path. Same thing is happening to Juolevi. 

35 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

yeah but at least you were entertaining.

I always try to be, Jimmy. Levity is the name of the game.

Some of it got pretty ugly. 

That's what I don't understand. Why anyone would project straight vitriol against someone they've never met, who's never done anything to them? It's just a game.

Nice to see the eye test piece confirmed tho from Bo's comments. 

Yeah. His linemates like what he brings. As does the coach, I believe. That's really all that matters.

• Cheers 1

On 1/21/2020 at 4:45 PM, Rob_Zepp said:

Still drinking before posting I see.    Cheers!   :)

You need to get a life, look at the date that was posted are you so pathetically lonely that you search through threads to quote from the past. Ill use you favourite defense excuse of your hero  “hindsight is 20/20” . 

and what I posted is true LE cap sinks. We can’t afford to add anything as it stands now. 

A you got me I fed the TROLL.. 

back to the blocked list you go 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Upvote 1

1 hour ago, combover said:

You need to get a life, look at the date that was posted are you so pathetically lonely that you search through threads to quote from the past. Ill use you favourite defense excuse of your hero  “hindsight is 20/20” . 

and what I posted is true LE cap sinks. We can’t afford to add anything as it stands now. 

His posts and inability to just stop just aren't worth it lmao.

23 hours ago, PhillipBlunt said:

If I remember correctly, he bowled through Demers and feed the pass over OEL. Either way, awesome indeed.

• Cheers 1

23 hours ago, Rob_Zepp said:

There are still people waiting to dump LE off the roster or demote him as soon as possible despite him clicking well on one of our most effective lines so far. The nerve of LE making an impact to the team and not allowing himself to be hated on.

• Upvote 1

8 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

If I remember correctly, he bowled through Demers and feed the pass over OEL. Either way, awesome indeed.

Fair enough. Thanks for correcting me.....you big jerk.

giphy.gif

Demers, eh? The defenseman who exercised his NTC to quash a trade to Vancouver.

• Cheers 1

3 hours ago, theo5789 said:

There are still people waiting to dump LE off the roster or demote him as soon as possible despite him clicking well on one of our most effective lines so far. The nerve of LE making an impact to the team and not allowing himself to be hated on.

Some guys just won't align themselves with the popular narrative.   Sucks I guess.

• Cheers 1

20 hours ago, combover said:

You're just adorable!   :)