The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Guys Kassian Got Ripped....

Bur14Kes17

Jeez, some of you have the most terrible memories. Every year, we rave about a player being jacked up because he worked out during summer. Kassian was one of those players, where every year we hear about him being jacked up yet He's still hasn't done anything. So, whats the difference this time? 

10 minutes ago, Rey said:

Jeez, some of you have the most terrible memories. Every year, we rave about a player being jacked up because he worked out during summer. Kassian was one of those players, where every year we hear about him being jacked up yet He's still hasn't done anything. So, whats the difference this time

Ummmm, he's clean and sober?

2 hours ago, Bur14Kes17 said:

Looks like the big guy really may have grown up and got his %$%$ figured out and finally dedicated himself to doing what it takes.....

%$^$ Zack..... Why couldnt you have figured yourself out here as a Canuck :(

image.jpg

image.jpg

While it sucks he didn't find his game with us, we just have to be happy for him that he has his life back on track.  Sometimes you have to hit rock bottom ( hopefully before it's too late). The trade helped expedite rock bottom and seems to be for the best.  Was a big fan of his but I would take a loss like that just so the young man can fulfill his full life's potential :)  

4 hours ago, Warhippy said:

Hard to not root for the guy.  I loved his attitude, I loved how he played the game when he played while he was here.  I am really hoping he saw his demotion and complete rock bottom moment in edmonton as the catalyst for his sobriety.

The guy screams hockey player and is the kind of guy you win championships with if he's on his game.  And while I hope he doesn't in Edmonton, should he hoist a cup in an oilers uniform I'll be happy for him.

Keep it tight Kass-Quatch

Exactly

well said Hip

16 hours ago, RRypien37 said:

Good for him. He is lean now I would say but he was never actually "big". I've seen him in person, plus the clips they showed of him on TV in the dressing room. No way in hell is he/was the listed 6'3 217 they had him at. 

Met the guy, can confirm his height and given his size, that weight was not an exaggeration.

Nice kid with some troubles.  Happy to see him potentially sorting things out.  Even if he never makes himself an NHL regular, getting his life on track is worth celebration on its own.

• 2 weeks later...

Archived