The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Reid Boucher | LW/RW

Salmonberries

Boucher was sent down last time one day before he would have required waivers so yes with this call up he will require waivers to come back down again.

Boucher should clear waivers now that the trade deadline has passed because he can't be placed on another team's playoff roster and another team can't send him to their AHL team without waiving him first at which time the Canucks can claim him again and send him directly to the Comets. Not a zero chance that he won't be claimed but a very small chance.

• Cheers 2

7 minutes ago, UticaHockey said:

Boucher was sent down last time one day before he would have required waivers so yes with this call up he will require waivers to come back down again.

Boucher should clear waivers now that the trade deadline has passed because he can't be placed on another team's playoff roster and another team can't send him to their AHL team without waiving him first at which time the Canucks can claim him again and send him directly to the Comets. Not a zero chance that he won't be claimed but a very small chance.

1 hour ago, SID.IS.SID.ME.IS.ME said:

I wanna say yes, but post-TDL player movements are a bit complex so I might be forgetting something. Certainly there’s no “papering down” issue as he was already on the Utica roster.

Thank you for the information.

Given the circumstances, I don't think it's likely he gets claimed for the reasons you pointed out. However, I would've liked to see Molino called up to allow the Comets to retain some talent and to follow up on Molino's progress.

I struggle with thinking RB will ever be an NHL player for any kind of longevity.  He kind of reminds me of Kyle Wellwood.  He is to slow and at 23 or 24 years old,

will he ever be able to improve enough to make it.  He just doesn't seem to have the work ethic. 

37 minutes ago, dpn1 said:

I struggle with thinking RB will ever be an NHL player for any kind of longevity.  He kind of reminds me of Kyle Wellwood.  He is to slow and at 23 or 24 years old,

will he ever be able to improve enough to make it.  He just doesn't seem to have the work ethic. 

I see Boucher as a depth player. Might get claimed and move around his entire career for depth purposes. Good at the AHL, but never quite good enough for the NHL to stick around long term at least.

• Cheers 1

9 hours ago, dpn1 said:

Wellwood had a decent NHL career. 500+ games 250+ points. Was in the league until 30. Jason Krog is maybe a better comparison 

• Cheers 1

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

If I remember correctly, Boucher had 3 stints with the NHL last season. His 1st and 3rd visits were same old RB. The 2nd stint, he was great. Looked better than Goldobin.

Can't imagine anything more than one year. Make or break time for a 'high ceiling, low floor' player !