The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Nikolay Goldobin | LW/RW

Scorevat

the volatility of goldy's minutes game by game is very surprising as is the lack of media attention it has received.  i don't know if regularly having ten minute or less games is baked into the media expectations of goldy, or if they are intentionally laying off him for some reason.  either way, his most recent minutes suggest he is on the bubble with the coach and is trending in the wrong direction.  hopefully it is just a case of green's tough love.

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm not so sure about that. I'd really like to see what a line of Leivo-Sutter-Goldy looks like first. That line could be very effective imo, on puck possession, retrieval, and Goldy is a good passer. 

Sutter at C means Gaudette back to Utica, and Horvat more as a matchup line if Goldobin is with Sutter.  I actually wouldn't be surprised if they start like this when Baertschi returns.

Eriksson Horvat Virtanen

Baer Pettersson Boeser

Leivo Sutter/Gaudette Goldobin

Roussel Beagle Granlund 

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Sutter at C means Gaudette back to Utica, and Horvat more as a matchup line if Goldobin is with Sutter.  I actually wouldn't be surprised if they start like this when Baertschi returns.

Eriksson Horvat Virtanen

Baer Pettersson Boeser

Roussel Beagle Granlund 

2nd line looks pretty vulnerable

1 minute ago, Boudrias said:

I would put Leivo or Roussel as 2LW until Baer is back up to speed. Put him in as 3LW for 10 games. 

Baer needs to be around the puck to get back up to speed.  It's not by playing on a checking line that he will.  

1 hour ago, mll said:

Eriksson Horvat Virtanen

Baer Pettersson Boeser

Roussel Beagle Granlund 

I don't mind Gaudette back in Uitca for the extra minutes, but otoh he's making decent progress up here so its a tough call. 

Just my personal preference but I think those guys might play really well together. 

2 hours ago, mll said:

Eriksson Horvat Virtanen

Baer Pettersson Boeser

Roussel Beagle Granlund 

2 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

2nd line looks pretty vulnerable

I am not a fan of that line either. I would rather see Leivo or Roussel as the LW on that line. The Baer - Petey - Boes line a little to soft for my liking. Very highly skilled, but a bit soft.

7 hours ago, mll said:

Eriksson Horvat Virtanen

Baer Pettersson Boeser

Roussel Beagle Granlund 

I would try these lines.

Baer-Horvat-Goldobin

Roussel-Pettersson-Boeser

Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Granlund

• Like 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, smokes said:

I would try these lines.

Baer-Horvat-Goldobin

Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Granlund

I think Baer and Bo have some nice chemistry, so I'd like that tried again. I'd like either Goldy or Virt to play with them on that line and then the other one to join the other top line with Petey and Boeser.

2 minutes ago, -AJ- said:

I think Baer and Bo have some nice chemistry, so I'd like that tried again. I'd like either Goldy or Virt to play with them on that line and then the other one to join the other top line with Petey and Boeser.

After seeing that line scrimmage in the Tampa game after Brock headlocking that guy, I want to see some sandpaper on that line so Brock and Petey don't have to get too dirty. It was good of Hutton for stepping in cause the other winger wasn't going to do anything.

• Upvote 2

49 minutes ago, smokes said:

I would try these lines.

Baer-Horvat-Goldobin

Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Granlund

6 hours ago, Kootenay Gold said:

I am not a fan of that line either. I would rather see Leivo or Roussel as the LW on that line. The Baer - Petey - Boes line a little to soft for my liking. Very highly skilled, but a bit soft.

Leivo Sutter Goldobin as a line was the starting point.  So how do you build the other 3 lines if that's a given.

Making the play knowing the other has anticipated the move and will be there when the puck gets there vs waiting for the other to be there before making the play. The best chemistries are the former.  

Pettersson is the best playmaker on the team - it gives him guys who can finish.  Maybe it doesn't work.  

1 hour ago, smokes said:

I would try these lines.

Baer-Horvat-Goldobin

Eriksson-Sutter-Virtanen

Leivo-Beagle-Granlund

I'd go 

Roussel Pettersson Boeser

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Goldobin Sutter Gaudette

Leivo Beagle Eriksson

Every line scoring!

Lots of different combinations are possible but two players are going to have to be waived or in the case of Gaudette, sent down, once both Baer and Sutt's are back in the lineup.

In Smokes version the forwards out of the lineup appear to be Gaudette and Schaller and in Nzan's version Schaller and Granlund.

IMO Smokes version is the more likely as I just don't see them sitting or waiving Granlund. He is to valuable on the bottom six.

JB has other options to consider as well as he could move MDZ for a draft pick thus freeing up one spot and trading or waiving Schaller to free up another if they want to keep Gaudette on the roster. Biega could be waived but if JB moves MDZ that will not happen. 

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, nzan said:

I'd go 

Roussel Pettersson Boeser

Baertschi Horvat Virtanen

Goldobin Sutter Gaudette

Leivo Beagle Eriksson

Every line scoring!

I like those lines but I would prefer Gaudette going down to Utica for first or second line center minutes. Sutter has two more years left on his contract with a modified no trade clause. That means Guadette could start training to get into 3rd/4th line center position.

On 12/21/2018 at 1:22 AM, The 5th Line said:

Who did Baertschi get to play with at Goldobin's age?  Goldobin literally has the easiest job on the team right now, and like I said, we haven't got to see what Baertschi can do with this offensive of a lineup.  

6 points in 10 games to start the year isn't terrible, and he has scored on pace for 20 goals consistently over the last 3 seasons

Bo Horvat, pretty good player if you've heard of him

22 hours ago, FaninMex said:

Sorry but I have to strongly disagree with all of this trade Sutter talk.

PK 1 Sutter and Granlund PK 2 Beagle and Motte or whatever combo of wingers makes our PK one of the best in the league. D wins games and not allowing teams to score on the PP against us will help us to keep the play and tempo. I see us going on a run with Sutter back. If I remember right, we had one of the best PK and it was one of the reasons why we were one of the best teams in the league.

Sutter was in PK1 last year, enlighten me on what place our PK was at the end of the season? Thats what I thought. Sutter is injury prone and barely helps this team other than the odd overtime goal here and there. Jury is still out on Beagle on whether he can stay healthy or not, fact is, Sutter annually misses a lot of games during the season and is no where near what hes getting paid for as a "foundational player"