The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Arizona Coyotes will not re-sign Shane Doan. Oliver Ekman-Larsson to be named captain.

16 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

I honestly think he should retire. If he wants to play one more year, then it's either Winnipeg or cup contending team. In the future, I could see him coming back to Arizona in a management role.

He should stay until he hits 1000 points, he's earned that

• Adarsh Sant changed the title to [Report] Arizona Coyotes will not re-sign Shane Doan. Oliver Ekman-Larsson to be named captain.

Much respect to Doan for his fierce loyalty to a team that wasn't very good for most of his years there. It would feel better if he just retired, but I'm not sure if Doan wants to. I get the feeling that he's at the crossroads where he really wants to keep playing, but doesn't want to play for another team.

2 minutes ago, Adarsh Sant said:

Why? 

Devil's advocate here but...

-Organizational depth.

-Allow us to keep more kids in Utica for development and injury depth. 

-Nice piece to move at next TDL if on a reasonable 1 year contract.

6 minutes ago, -Vintage Canuck- said:

That's got to be tantalizing. It's always worrisome for a pro player to think about what he's gonna do once he retires. A job already laid out for him would be really nice.

What an amazing career for power forward/bruising type player to be still playing at 40yrs old. 

I think Shane will probably retire, as he's had many opportunities to go to contenders in the past, but hasn't budged from Phoenix.  He seems to be a family man who loves his lifestyle in Arizona and doesn't really want to break it up.

I see that the Coyotes have offered him a role in the organization and I can see him going that route.  He would think he has a lot to offer off the ice and might be a great asset as a coach for young F prospects.

38 minutes ago, TheHitman said:

Would love to see Doan play a season with the Jets. He's 28 points away from 1000 also.

I think he'd be a pretty good fit there. 

The young GM Chayka really showing no loyalty to their biggest icon. I don't like this one bit... hope he plays 1 more year and takes to the 1000. 

25 minutes ago, goalie13 said:

Why?  So that he can take up the roster spot of a developing player?  We already have our own veterans to mentor the youth.  We don't need extras.

It wouldn't be hindering player development it's more of a stop gap move most of our right wingers need time to develop and the twins still need someone to play with on nights that ericcson isn't playing good.will help boeser to have someone like doan and ericcson to learn from.

Archived