The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

12 minutes ago, CanuckinEdm said:

Pettersson shouldn't have gone to the WJC, he is now tied with the SHL point total... 

lol ya. hes gonna have to tear it up to win his scoring title.  world jrs are great for building a young player confidence though so im happy!  maybe he will fly in even faster post wjc if thats even possible lol.

Just now, logic said:

He shouldn't gain weight just for the sake of it, he's gotta do it right and gain it slowly so he still stays super lean and doesn't lose a step, or mobility

agreed. just thought he'd be closer to 170 by now. who am i to judge hes shattering records 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, AlwaysACanuckFan said:

Something that would look nice on the wall in the dressing room but with a small alteration.. " We just want to dominate every game".

the part i like the most of it.  is he is actually a player who can do it.  hes not just offering lip service lol.  that would be a nice one.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Rush17 said:

what did he weigh in camp? wasnt he 165?

163 Lbs is what I remember from pre season ....that is 4 Lbs in 4 months or so....which sounds just right....8 more Lbs by next year's camp and he will be 175 Lbs...which is enough to hold his own with his style of play.

185 Lbs. is likely his prime playing weight anyway so we might as well get used to having a skinny Superstar....oh well.....::D

• Thanks 2

1 minute ago, Rollieo Del Fuego said:

163 Lbs is what I remember from pre season ....that is 4 Lbs in 4 months or so....which sounds just right....8 more Lbs by next year's camp and he will be 175 Lbs...which is enough to hold his own with his style of play.

185 Lbs. is likely his prime playing weight anyway so we might as well get used to having a skinny Superstar....oh well.....::D

hes got height he should be ok even if he topped out at 180.  he may still gain an inch or 2.

Im wondering where to set expectations for his WJC or JVM as they call it in Sweden.

For me being over a point per game is my expectation. Somewhere around the same mark as his SHL average would be nice.

He will be transitioning to North American ice though.

I wouldn't worry about Pettersson's weight. He is slippery and elusive and has superstar potential oozing out of every pore. He is going to be the kind of player that will drive opposing defencemen crazy because he'll deke them out of their skates then either pick a corner or pass to the far side guy for the tap-in. The most elite offensive talent comes from an elite offensive mind, and Pettersson has that in spades.

• Like 1