The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

13 minutes ago, Brad Marchand said:

Welcome to the club, Elias:

Screw this team's injury luck.

and that marks the end of his terrific season. now he can rest up and get ready for camp

• Upvote 1

Darn, that thumb injury is going to screw up his summer weight training.  If anyone thinks it's no big deal break your thumb and then try weightlifting a few weeks later.  It won't go over too well.

At least it wasn't any worse, he should be ready for camp, hopefully he can work around the injury.

• Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, Frankie Sinatra said:

Darn, that thumb injury is going to screw up his summer weight training.  If anyone thinks it's no big deal break your thumb and then try weightlifting a few weeks later.  It won't go over too well.

At least it wasn't any worse, he should be ready for camp, hopefully he can work around the injury.

I’m hoping it’s not so bad that it isn’t healed well enough in three weeks, so he can do hard training.  I wonder if, considering how long and difficult his season was, it’s best he takes a few weeks off?

Just now, Alflives said:

I’m hoping it’s not so bad that it isn’t healed well enough in three weeks, so he can do hard training.  I wonder if, considering how long and difficult his season was, it’s best he takes a few weeks off?

I think he definitely needs the rest for sure.  Too bad it was due to injury, but the thumb will heal.  I'm just worried about his weight training as he needs to add bulk and muscle in order to make the team next fall.  Hopefully the injury isn't too bad, although the thumb is probably the worst finger to injure for a hockey player.

• Upvote 1

Looked like he jammed his thumb on the post on that breakaway. Unfortunate as he was starting to play like his dominate self these last 2-3 games. Woud've loved to see him against Canada/USA/Finland.

Overall this experience was great for EP and his development. Now get healed and have a big summer of getting stronger and make the team out of training camp. Excited to see him in September.

7 minutes ago, R.Dahlin26 said:

Looked like he jammed his thumb on the post on that breakaway. Unfortunate as he was starting to play like his dominate self these last 2-3 games. Woud've loved to see him against Canada/USA/Finland.

Overall this experience was great for EP and his development. Now get healed and have a big summer of getting stronger and make the team out of training camp. Excited to see him in September.

Many are forgetting he still needs to sign an ELC. So actually there could be a chance he might return to sweden. Eliteprospects have him returning next year but dont know much like everybody else. he's fully finished his season so I guess we'll know soon.

Not saying he isn't NHL ready as he's looked good in the worlds but who knows, if he feels that he's not ready he could return for another season. Obviously his coach and gm at Vaxjo have been milking the "he needs to gain weight/strength" line but just pointing it out there that there's still a good chance he returns for another season.

Hopefully he does make the jump. I think he's reached the point where there's really not much to accomplish at Sweden. He's broke every single records and has a SHL ring. I might just be rambling about nonsense.

Edited by Odd.
  • Upvote 1

47 minutes ago, Canuck Surfer said:

A challenge for a few weeks a month?

On any upper body weight training.

It shouldn't be too bad. They will modify  his program a bit. You can use straps and exercises like rack pulls to overcome alot.kid did perform well though.

• Upvote 1