The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Elias Pettersson | #40 | C

-Vintage Canuck-

49 minutes ago, aGENT said:

&^@# I hate agents... guy's just salivating over his commission. Parasitic scum <_<

But really, if we can sign Petey long term for anything around $10m +/-, he certainly looks like he'll be worth it. Ideally he works with the club and doesn't try to put the screws to them for every last penny so that we can continue to ice a deep, talented squad around him.

Hopefully that JB will point to Edmonton and tell EP that they are trying to do the exact opposite of them.  

Horvat and Boeser "took a discount" relative to what their peers got (although it sets them up for a bigger payday next contract).  

Maybe the Canucks can sign Pettersson to a more reasonable cap hit, but front load it enough that the TVM will make it more appealing.  

• Cheers 1

8 hours ago, Alflives said:

Exactly.  Petey is putting up serious points while playing 18 minutes a game, or less.  The dynamic duo in Edmonton (and they are great for sure) will regress.  They are playing 25 minutes a night!  That's crazy for any forward.  

25 plus a night is not sustainable.  The oil is one injury away from the 1st OA.  

• Like 1

I have a theory about Pettersson's lower shooting percentage to start the year.

I think he grew so much during summer, his sniping accuracy is still catching up.  Getting physically stronger can have an effect in other areas. The good news is, it should adjust over the next couple of months. 

• Cheers 2
  • Upvote 1

19 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I have a theory about Pettersson's lower shooting percentage to start the year.

I think he grew so much during summer, his sniping accuracy is still catching up.  Getting physically stronger can have an effect in other areas. The good news is, it should adjust over the next couple of months. 

I had the same thought. We forget how young these rookie guys are and that they are still growing. 

But for a guy who's "off" its still pretty spectacular. 

• Cheers 1
  • Upvote 2

42 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I had the same thought. We forget how young these rookie guys are and that they are still growing. 

But for a guy who's "off" its still pretty spectacular. 

Exactly, it hasn't affected his passing, but his one timer seems to be going high, which my theory is, his aim hasn't caught up with his gained strength. Needs to spend a few hours on targets, last year, his one timer was deadly accurate.

4 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

Exactly, it hasn't affected his passing, but his one timer seems to be going high, which my theory is, his aim hasn't caught up with his gained strength. Needs to spend a few hours on targets, last year, his one timer was deadly accurate.

Like his increasing alien power is causing gravity to have less effect?

• Haha 2

32 minutes ago, VegasCanuck said:

I'm sure he'll work it out, he's too skilled not to. Standing still he can hit a flea sized target. That PP goal vs LA proved it. 

But holy crap those passes are hard and accurate now. Give credit to Boeser and Miller being able to handle receiving them too. 

• Cheers 1

1 hour ago, Jimmy McGill said:

I'm sure he'll work it out, he's too skilled not to. Standing still he can hit a flea sized target. That PP goal vs LA proved it. 

But holy crap those passes are hard and accurate now. Give credit to Boeser and Miller being able to handle receiving them too. 

Something tells me Pete never stops thinking about how he can get better, I’m sure he making any adjustments he need to make himself better

5 hours ago, Timråfan said:

I'd be surprised if it goes below 11 million. 

McDavid has 12,5 and if Petey produces as now(as McDavids 3 or 4 year in NHL) , next year will be expensive. 

Not a single doubt he has earn a 12 million a year contract, but the being said he seem like a guy who cares completely about winning and understands the salary cap restrictions.

I have a sneaky suspicion that he’ll come in around 10 million

• Cheers 1