The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

if you were drafted which city would you hope drafted you?

I am an American living in Vegas, and this isn't a good city at all.. Outside of partying, and gambling... There's NOTHING to do out here at all! And the weather in the summer is brutal! So hot...  Vegas is literally in the middle of nowhere from nearby cities and national parks... The closest is LA/Anaheim which is 3 and half to 4 hours one-way drive... Salt Lake City is 6 hours away, Phoenix 6, Reno 9, San Diego 5, San Francisco 12, and so on... Everything is close, yet still far away. 

Here are my top 5 choices for me: 

Vancouver (it may be my favourite team, but I love the PNW!)

Montréal 

San Jose

Anaheim

New York Rangers 

Pretty simple for me. Would be the organizations that, statistically draft and develop players better than all other teams in the NHL. Teams who's players have the best statistical chance of making the NHL.

So Los Angeles, Philadelphia, Detroit, and Tampa.

Not Montreal, Vancouver, or Edmonton.

7 hours ago, zzbottom said:

Again, you've been there for a weekend. 

I've been to Tampa multiple times, but thanks for assuming. I've been to several places across the states and Canada and again, outside of the Canucks,  if I was drafted, I'd want it to be Tampa. If San Diego had an NHL team, then that might come ahead, but until then, Tampa is where it's at. 

Anywhere other than crazy violent cities like Detroit & Chicago.  Really any city would be amazing when you're entering the prime of your life as a millionaire world class athlete.  Every place would have it's own perks, except maybe Detroit.  

It's pretty bad if Cleveland is mocking you.

For me it would depend if I was considered a "generational talent" or not.

If I wasn't I'd just hope to be drafted by a city with a warmer climate, like Florida or TB.

If I was a generational talent I'd hope to be picked by the Oilers or Leafs... Then I could publicly state that I would never play for them and demand a trade, which would hopefully infuriate their fans lol.

20 hours ago, milk and honey said:

Hey y'all

So if you were drafted, which cities would you want to pick you outside your favorite team. Obvious the direction of the team, which young players they have, and history matters. 

For an 18 or 19 year old it has to be Las Vegas for me. 

As a hockey town, medium media attention, nice beaches, not super busy as a city, good climate it would have to be Tampa. 

Honourable mentions San Jose, Carolina, St louis, Dallas

and for one Canadian team outside the canucks it would be the Jets.

St Louis ??

8 hours ago, CanadianRugby said:

Anywhere other than crazy violent cities like Detroit & Chicago.  Really any city would be amazing when you're entering the prime of your life as a millionaire world class athlete.  Every place would have it's own perks, except maybe Detroit.  

The thing about the crazy violent cities is that they are usually the ones with the greatest variation in violence within their city. In other words, they are friggin ridiculously crime-ridden in one part (i.e., the poor part) and are completely crime-free in other parts (i.e., the rich part).

If you are an NHLer living in Chicago, you're living in one of the safest areas in the States. 

EDIT: I would pick Chicago or New York. 

Archived