The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Signing] Wild Sign Granlund to 3 years $17.25 deal

Warhippy

Wild have just signed Mikael Granlund to a 3 year deal worth $17.25 Million

http://www.sportsnet.ca/hockey/nhl/wild-sign-forward-mikael-granlund-three-year-deal/

The Minnesota Wild have re-signed forward Mikael Granlund to a three-year deal worth a total of $17.25 million.

The 25-year-old will earn $5.25M next season, followed by $5.5M in 2018-19 and $6.5M in the final year of his contract.

59 minutes ago, Rick Blight said:

They sure didn't buy many UFA years. He will be a UFA at 28 with this contract so either he doesn't fit their long term plans or they have reason to believe he will re-sign with them.

Makes me nervous he'll bolt as I imagine the Wild will be starting a slight downswing by then. If it's true I hope he lands here in Vancouver with his brother :)

Great signing for Minny. 

There's been a number of forwards equal to or further ahead in their development than Bo that have signed team friendly contracts this offseason. I'm hoping we can do the same with Bo but the longer this goes on, the more I doubt it. I guess it's hard to tell though without being privy to what goes on behind closed doors. For all we know, JB could be coming in pretty low. After all, Bo doesn't have a ton of leverage ATM. Only time will tell....

PPG last season more or less, and in his ealry prime given he didn't break out earlier.  Great signing by Minny, reminds me of the Arvidsson deal as definitely a team friendly deal and if he opted for arbitration he would have surely got 6-7 for the same number of years.  If he keeps it up his next pay day will be much larger.  The more of these that come out the less Horvats camp will leverage, at this point comparables suggest 5.5 is the most he can bargain for, and 4.5 would be team friendly.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived