The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Oct. 2nd - 3 Canucks clear, Pedan on waivers

4 minutes ago, Pears said:

Wow we should be allll over Subban and Sproul. Yes I know we have Demko, but he’s an easy upgrade over Bachman. 

We can't have him I the minors unless he clears waivers. He's not competing with Bachman. He's be competing with maelstrom and Nilsson 

5 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

We can't have him I the minors unless he clears waivers. He's not competing with Bachman. He's be competing with maelstrom and Nilsson 

it's shocking to me that regular posters here still don't understand how waivers work. 

Folks that want to claim Subban don't appear to realize that that would require waiving Nilsson (or Markstrom) - you can't simply claim a player and assign them to Utica.

You need to keep a claimed player on your NHL roster - the whole point of waivers.

Not-gonna-happen.

4 minutes ago, tas said:

it's shocking to me that regular posters here still don't understand how waivers work. 

I'm not allowed to insult anyone right now lol. But yes it's disturbing to have that many posts and not understand the basic concept of waivers

18 minutes ago, oldnews said:

it just got really interesting.

Pukkinen

Sproul

Read

Jurco

Conacher

Subban

JC Lipon - a DD 2.0.

Wow... not too long ago, ppl here were crazy for Pulkkinen and the guy couldn't stick with Coyotes and now the mighty knights!! 

1 hour ago, ReggieBush said:

Not surprised that Pedan got sent down. He is still rough around the edges and needs more development. Biega (by a mile) and even Wiercioch are better defenseman than him at this moment in time.

I think it's more likely that they made a call about whether it would hurt his development to have him not playing games, not whether Biega or Wiercoch were better.  JB & co think very highly of Pedan and want him to keep improving as opposed to doing what the Leafs did to Corrado.

45 minutes ago, VIC_CITY said:

There is literally zero chance of another team claiming Pedan. Nothing to get worked up about. Chances are he never becomes an NHL regular. He's still a good guy to have in Utica though. Although I imagine he bolts to the KHL next year.

I see what you doing.  Claiming Pedan sucks so that none of the GMs hawkishly watching CDC will claim him.  Good thinking. :P

Archived