The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Andrey Pedan, 4th-round pick to Penguins for Derrick Pouliot

Just now, Nail said:

Does Pouliot have the Travis Green connection from Portland? Can't recall if they were both there for the same period of time. Or what about even Baertschi?

Yes.  Baertschi and Pouliot have been teammates.

6 minutes ago, GoBoGo53 said:

Pouliot sucks but it's only a fourth. Worth a flier I guess but Pouliot really can't play defense. 

I think Pouliots relationship with Travis Green is worth the gamble in itself. If he can put it together, we could have a pretty decent piece.

Good deal, Pedan was just a poor man's Sbisa or Gudbranson, or even Tryamkin if he comes back.  I'd rather take a chance on Pouliot even though it he couldn't established himself as an nhler so far.

Wondering if the arrival of Pouliot could mean a potential move of Hutton in the near future/this season? Similar style, size and Pouliot has a relationship already with Green.

4 minutes ago, R3aL said:

Could Pits not claim on waivers?

if anyone can bring his game back it's probably here ! 

I like the trade

If they'd done that, they'd have to waive him to assign him to the A.

This way, he's already down  and they pick up a 4th round pick - essentially the asset in this deal.

But on another note, love that we picked up Pouliot.

He has serious pmd in his veins - and was trapped behind Letang (and then Schultz as well) in Pitt.

Great risk imo for a 4th round pick.

Archived