The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Domingue, G.Reinhart

Visp

Reinhart is interesting...I know he hasn't delivered at the professionnal level and won't live up to his draft rank/pedigree...but with the rumors of Benning kicking the tire on Koekkoek and the injury to Edler/Stetcher, I wonder if he would be interested to put a claim for depth.

1 minute ago, RetroCanuck said:

With all our injuries Reinhart seems like a good bet considering he's free. I mean why not?

because Pouliot is a much better skater with more offensive upside. We've taken our waiver risk for the year and GR just isn't good enough. 

8 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

because Pouliot is a much better skater with more offensive upside. We've taken our waiver risk for the year and GR just isn't good enough. 

GR's from Vancouver and may revitalize his game playing at home. Pouliot has been ok so far but he's no reason why to not claim a guy off waivers. Expectations have been so high on GR if yo tell him to just compete and play him low minutes then he might be fine. Edler and Stetcher are both hurt for 6 weeks and another guy could go down at any time, heck Guddy almost did again. We need depth and if we get GR we can send Megna or Wiercoch back to Utica. 

2 minutes ago, RetroCanuck said:

GR's from Vancouver and may revitalize his game playing at home. Pouliot has been ok so far but he's no reason why to not claim a guy off waivers. Expectations have been so high on GR if yo tell him to just compete and play him low minutes then he might be fine. Edler and Stetcher are both hurt for 6 weeks and another guy could go down at any time, heck Guddy almost did again. We need depth and if we get GR we can send Megna or Wiercoch back to Utica. 

I guess. I just don't see it, he feels like he has "Cam Barker" written in big letters on his forehead. But Jim seems to have a great eye for reclamation projects so if he saw something there I wouldn't freak out. 

51 minutes ago, Butters Stoch said:

Let me just remind everyone that Edmonton traded a 1st round pick in a strong draft (potentially could've picked Barzal, Connor, Boeser) and a high 2nd rounder for Griffin Reinhart, then proceeded by exposing and losing him to LV.

Suck it Oilers

Wow, what a fleecing Peter Chiarelli got from Garth Snow with that deal. Griffin Reinhart for basically Mathew Barzal and Anthony Beauvillie (Snow traded from the number 33 position they had also received in this deal by adding a 3rd rounder to move up to number 28). Barzal 6 points in 11 games, Beauvillier 4 points in 8 games so far this season for a guy who is now on waivers.

How the heck did Chiarelli ever manage to build the 2011 Stanley Cup team (composed mostly of players acquired, not drafted, by them). He must have had good advice there by people who can evaluate talent well. Like a certain assistant gm we are now very thankful of having in our rebuild.

Yeah, suck it Oilers. Chiarelli looks good on you.

Archived