The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Pettersson Horvat Boeser - You call it.

fanfor42

Left wing Pettersson Center Horvat Right-wing Boeser

Ok when will it happen? 

2018/19  Horvat will be 23 Boeser 21 and Pettersson 20. Will they be ready to be our first line next year?  

Tough this year with injuries etc. Lots of negativity so lets not go there right Apollo?  

Lol. So next year could be the beginning of something great. Nice to dream about. Even some hard core neg nellies can let go and dream a little about the possibilities of these three. 

What is their upside. WCE?  Sedins? Bure and Mogilny? 

Or do you think they won't ever play together? Pettersson won't

be a winger. Horvat isn't good enough or any other laughable BS. 

Go..and most positive spin wins. Most negative gets a stinky fish from my freezer. 

Yeah Sedin - Kesler becoming Pettersson - Horvat would not be too shabby at all.

Dahlen? - Pettersson and the Killer Bees (Baer, Bo, Boes) would be a solid top-6 foundation, hope someone like Jake can develop enough to join the Swedes and provide some power forward play and this looks like it could be an electric group to watch moving forward.   

Goldy-Horvat-Boeser

Dahlen-Pettersson-Virtanen

Lind- Gaudette -Gadjovich

However the lines gel, that's a great top 9 if everyone develops to their potential.  Terrific mix of different skllsets.  We also have Granlund, Gaunce, Lockwood, and Baer, plus Eriksson and Sutter aren't going anywhere.  It's going to get crowded.

I want to see something like this in the future. Bo and Gaudette would be a solid one two punch, plus it opens up space for Granlund and MacEwen to come in and play that 3rd and 4th line center position.

Pettersson - Horvat - Boeser

Lind - Gaudette - Virtanen

Dahlen - Granlund - Lockwood

Laplante - MacEwen - Gadjovich

I would expect that those three might get some time as a line (power play, or down by a goal late in a period and the Canucks have the other team on the ropes. etc), however, in normal circumstances I would prefer Pettersson and Horvat centering separate lines. All three makes the Canucks too much of a one line team.

A thing which I have been considering is this, do the Canucks put a "protector" on Pettersson's line? This wouldn't have to be a career thing, but certainly something for the first couple of seasons, to make sure that he doesn't get run out of the rink. Is there someone already in the system, or do they have to look outside (UFA/trade)? And, of course, we are not talking about a Semenko but rather a Bertuzzi type of player, someone with some size and physicality, and with some offensive talent (maybe Gadjovich in few years?)).

regards,  G.

11 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Petersson won’t be in the NHL until 2019. Sorry guys, I get the fish from OP’s freezer.

This is closer to my expectation for his development.

regards,  G.

7 hours ago, King Heffy said:

Goldy-Horvat-Boeser

Dahlen-Pettersson-Virtanen

Lind- Gaudette -Gadjovich

However the lines gel, that's a great top 9 if everyone develops to their potential.  Terrific mix of different skllsets.  We also have Granlund, Gaunce, Lockwood, and Baer, plus Eriksson and Sutter aren't going anywhere.  It's going to get crowded.

I like this. Except I still think Baer and Bo have great chemistry and they should remain together going forward. Baer, Bo Boeser have been really good this year together. 

Petterson has such good vision that I think he should definitely be given the chance to play with Boeser. He can draw in a couple defenders while Brock sits in the soft spot/sweet spot for a snipe. 

I can just picture Pettersson stick-handling along the boards, loses one defender, second defender hauls him down, and hooks a pass to Boeser from his stomach. One timer top cheese!

Boeser - Pettersson - Gadjovich

Lind - Horvat - Dahlen

Lockwood - Gaudette - Virtanen (that could be a nasty line)

6 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

I would expect that those three might get some time as a line (power play, or down by a goal late in a period and the Canucks have the other team on the ropes. etc), however, in normal circumstances I would prefer Pettersson and Horvat centering separate lines. All three makes the Canucks too much of a one line team.

A thing which I have been considering is this, do the Canucks put a "protector" on Pettersson's line? This wouldn't have to be a career thing, but certainly something for the first couple of seasons, to make sure that he doesn't get run out of the rink. Is there someone already in the system, or do they have to look outside (UFA/trade)? And, of course, we are not talking about a Semenko but rather a Bertuzzi type of player, someone with some size and physicality, and with some offensive talent (maybe Gadjovich in few years?)).

regards,  G.

Kane, Pettersson, Boeser 

Dahlen/Goldobin, Horvat, Virtanen 

Gadjovich, Gaudette, Lind 

Good luck other teams. 

6 hours ago, VancouverHabitant said:

Petersson won’t be in the NHL until 2019. Sorry guys, I get the fish from OP’s freezer.

6 hours ago, Gollumpus said:

This is closer to my expectation for his development.

regards,  G.

Going into this season, this is what I thought would happen.  Then Pettersson lit up the SHL exceeding everybody's expectations.  

Benning has recently said that he hopes that Pettersson will make the Canucks next year.  He may well do that.  I'd like to think that they won't be rushing the kid.  He's only 165 does this make it foolish to insert him into the line up?  It depends on how slippery he is.  I don't see Gaudreau (listed at 157) hammered physically very often.  There are big time and space differences between Europe and North America.

Pettersson is going to be a play making centre.  It makes sense to pair him with a finisher (Boeser?) and a power forward who can create space (Virtanen?  Gadjovich?)

Archived