The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Waivers] Corrado (Pit) Brossoit (Edm)

86Viking

6 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I can imagine someone picking up Brossoit and reestablish some confidence in him.  Would be a good number 3 goalie to have for a cup contender team.  

Even Chicago might take  a swing at him with Crawford out long term.

Yes I agree a team could pick him up for goalie depth, maybe Arizona, Pitts, NYI to name a few. I am sure he is more likely to get claimed over Corrado

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

I can imagine someone picking up Brossoit and reestablish some confidence in him.  Would be a good number 3 goalie to have for a cup contender team.  

Yes I agree a team could pick him up for goalie depth, maybe Arizona, Pitts, NYI to name a few. I am sure he is more likely to get claimed over Corrado

LOL at the continuing epic failure in Edmonton.

I mean, who tf do you think you're kidding?

Laurent Brossoit - was the least of your problems.

You can't build a hockey team, period.

You continue to bleed goals - your starter scarcely has his head above water....

Newsflash - window dressing your backup position is fooling nobody.

And that 24 yr old goaltender you just dumped - wasn't that bad.

I won't be surprised at all if Brossoit did considerably better elsewhere - and hope he does. 

Meh, what's a draft pick anyway when you can't draft - or develop.  

Carry on Coil - it's very entertaining for the rest of us in Western Canada.

7 minutes ago, CRAZY_4_NAZZY said:

That's a shame for Brossoit - hope he can rebound.  He was one of the very best goalies in the WHL and was even playoff MVP for the Oil Kings.

I remember watching those behind the scenes series - the Oil Kings had one and Shaw had that documentary following different teams over the season (- Virtanen even had an episode on his billet family).  They were just so full hope with their hockey careers ahead and now 5-6 years later there are so few that made it to the next level.

5 minutes ago, mll said:

That's a shame for Brossoit - hope he can rebound.  He was one of the very best goalies in the WHL and was even playoff MVP for the Oil Kings.

I remember watching those behind the scenes series - the Oil Kings had one and Shaw had that documentary following different teams over the season (- Virtanen even had an episode on his billet family).  They were just so full hope with their hockey careers ahead and now 5-6 years later there are so few that made it to the next level.

Oilers can't develop players. Period. It's a terrible organization in that regard. 

1 minute ago, Lancaster said:

Sometimes a player just plays better under a certain coach and with a certain system.  He was given a long leash under Torts, thus it's conceivable he might still do well.

In any case, he's still a pretty good AHL defenseman.  

6 hours ago, rekker said:

Maybe the Leafs claim him and sit him in the press box for the rest of the year............oh wait.

Or perhaps another team picks him up and he becomes the next Dubnyk!

I haven't followed Corrado for quite some time since the game we played against him on the Leafs, but with Tanev's injury (another 4-6 month type like Baertschi?) and potential possibility of offloading dmen (Gudbranson/Hutton?) for picks/prospects, maybe it might not be a bad idea to just pick up Corrado as a warm body in the NHL. He seems like he can fill a bottom pair role or be that extra dman as that has been his role of late. He is basically making minimum wage NHL salary and is only 24 years old so he's in the age group to look at for a rebuilding team (hopefully starting to achieve success in about 2-3 years).

53 minutes ago, theo5789 said:

Or perhaps another team picks him up and he becomes the next Dubnyk!

I haven't followed Corrado for quite some time since the game we played against him on the Leafs, but with Tanev's injury (another 4-6 month type like Baertschi?) and potential possibility of offloading dmen (Gudbranson/Hutton?) for picks/prospects, maybe it might not be a bad idea to just pick up Corrado as a warm body in the NHL. He seems like he can fill a bottom pair role or be that extra dman as that has been his role of late. He is basically making minimum wage NHL salary and is only 24 years old so he's in the age group to look at for a rebuilding team (hopefully starting to achieve success in about 2-3 years).

I don't know if I really agree with this. I think at that point it would be better to see what one of our own down in Utica are doing and give those guys a chance to show what they are made of. A lot more players claimed end up being blips in the radar rather than becoming a Dubnyk and really, you can make the Dubnyk argument with any player on waivers.

While I can understand wanting to be positive with a player we drafted, he still played more games in Toronto in that one season than he ever played with us in 3 seasons combined and did end up with a chance to prove himself at the very least. It sucks that he didn't get more of a chance, but I think there comes a point where one has to ask "is it really worth it after a while"?

Frankie has likely earned himself 1.5 million USD at least in the NHL (two full seasons plus callups on a two-way contract).

While he won’t get to live like a rich athlete he has set himself up nicely for the future and should be able

to earn $100k+ for the next 10 years playing in the AHL and/or Europe. Not a bad life.

Archived