The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Speculation/Rumor] Canucks on the twins future and Gudbranson

Throw $4-5M at Tryamkin and see how that flies.
Then you have a guy that actually DOES manhandle dudes, and has some serious offensive upside as well. 

When was the last time you saw Guddy do this? 
That's Chris Stewart - all 6'2 and 242 lbs of him that Nikky swats away like a bug. Getzlaf is no slouch either at 6'4 225lbs and also gets brushed off.

Vancouver still owns Tryamkins rights for 2 more years I believe. Hopefully live and let live and get that guy back here, because if he "loses" a future spot on this roster because some artard decided to pay Guddy $5-6M a year I'm gonna set myself on fire.
Keep that line open Benning because guys 6'7" 265 lbs that skate like a 6'er and rush end-end don't exactly grow on trees. 

4 minutes ago, Yotes said:

I think Guddy was an RFA last year. He took a 1yr deal imo to bet on himself being healthy and having a good season in hopes to cash in on a long term big $ deal this summer.

You're right, I stand corrected.  It was a sign and trade because Florida didn't want to pay him.  Last year was his 3rd contract but he was still RFA after it expired.  He's now in his 7th year in the league and just turned 26.

The new deal is a show me deal.  Has he shown anybody that he's more than a 3rd pair?  I think he's worth 3.5.  More than 4 is crazy talk.  Benning wants him. I want him but that's the limit imo

26 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

The trade Gudbranson thing was based on the assumption that he wanted more money than the Canucks were willing to pay.

Obviously we know neither.

This season's $3.5 x 1 was supposed to be a redo of last year because he played so little and the Canucks wanted to see more.  Guddy could have gone into free agency last year but he didn't presumably because he likes it in Vancouver.  I think there's a good chance his demands will be reasonable.

I would sure like a physical guy on the back end because there are too many sub 200 lb D on the Canucks and not enough gristle

Gudbranson was a RFA last year.

8 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

Then you have a guy that actually DOES manhandle dudes, and has some serious offensive upside as well. 

That's Chris Stewart - all 6'2 and 242 lbs of him that Nikky swats away like a bug. Getzlaf is no slouch either at 6'4 225lbs and also gets brushed off.

Vancouver still owns Tryamkins rights for 2 more years I believe. Hopefully live and let live and get that guy back here, because if he "loses" a future spot on this roster because some artard decided to pay Guddy $5-6M a year I'm gonna set myself on fire.
Keep that line open Benning because guys 6'7" 265 lbs that skate like a 6'er and rush end-end don't exactly grow on trees. 

I could watch this all day.  If Stewart wants to play tough guy with a face shield on, he get's what he get's.  No cry babies.

If Gud signs short term it's $4.25 over 2 ish years.  A palatable contract to trade next year without issue.

If he wants term he gets 3 to 4 years at $3.75 to $4 million

Either way, looking around at potential defencemen on the market this coming deadline it doesn't hurt to possibly cash in on one of the three of Edler, Tanev or Gudbranson but makes more sense to try to cash in hard next year more

7 minutes ago, Crabcakes said:

I could watch this all day.  If Stewart wants to play tough guy with a face shield on, he get's what he get's.  No cry babies.

He's sporting some Kevin Bieksian style humor here... steals the camera from the camera guy and starts filming.... :lol:

21 minutes ago, darkpoet said:

As I  understand it Tryamkin would have to buy out his own contract in order to have it terminated. (Taking a big chunk out of what he’d earn with Vancouver). In an interview this summer he shot down the possibility of him terminating his KHL contract early. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/nikita-tryamkin-comfortable-home-khl/

Nikita Tryamkin

Nikita Tryamkin (Photo: hc-avto.ru)

IE: You can still buy it out.

NT: No, I’m not really doing this kind of things. I signed a contract and I want to honor it. And even more so considering that I’m very happy now.

i wouldn’t count on him coming back early unless his team end up folding. 

9 minutes ago, qwijibo said:

As I  understand it Tryamkin would have to buy out his own contract in order to have it terminated. (Taking a big chunk out of what he’d earn with Vancouver). In an interview this summer he shot down the possibility of him terminating his KHL contract early. 

https://thehockeywriters.com/nikita-tryamkin-comfortable-home-khl/

Nikita Tryamkin

Nikita Tryamkin (Photo: hc-avto.ru)

IE: You can still buy it out.

NT: No, I’m not really doing this kind of things. I signed a contract and I want to honor it. And even more so considering that I’m very happy now.

i wouldn’t count on him coming back early unless his team end up folding. 

I just checked. We own his rights until July 1, 2022.

His contract in the KHL is up in 2021. 

In order to buyout, the remaining 2/3rds of the contract need to be paid - however long that is. So the closer to the end of the contract, the less $ that will be. 
I know he said that in the summer but things can change in a hurry... just ask Colorado....

What are the out clauses?
Что из этого следует?

Dont know if there are out clauses. If no out clause, a player can buyout his contract when pays 2/3 of the rest of contract to his team.

(source: https://canucksarmy.com/2017/05/01/report-tryamkin-contract-in-khl-is-for-three-years/ )

IE: In three years your rights in the NHL will still belong to the Vancouver Canucks.

NT: And what, you think it’s bad luck? I’m not going to say that the Canucks are a bad team. I can’t confirm that in three years I am getting back or that I am not getting back. Maybe a brick will hit me in the head and I won’t be myself anymore. We’ll have to see how I will play in that moment. If the team will feel like they need me, and we can find some good conditions, then anything can happen. But we’re still far from that.

source: https://thehockeywriters.com/nikita-tryamkin-comfortable-home-khl/

Archived