The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Craig Button Releases list of Top 50 NHL affiliated prospects (5 Canucks)

Adarsh Sant

Anyone else really pleased by this?

I knew we had some good prospects, but I had always assumed that every other team had prospects that were probably just as good.  This list makes me realize that we have more high-end prospects than any other team, and in particular, more than any other Canadian team.

(Taken with a grain of salt because it is Craig Button)

5 minutes ago, Hutton Wink said:

Cody Glass #4, yet Kole Lind who's outscoring him with lesser linemates doesn't even make the list...

"Why didn't Button list Kole Lind..."

I'd bet a lot of team have a 'Lind' missing from this list. On a good note, seeing how he's responded to being snubbed elsewhere... ::D

This list probably won't help with some of the naysayers on here but hopefully it helps even a little bit with those unconvinced that better days may in fact be ahead.

13 minutes ago, Saved_by_Jesus said:

Anyone else really pleased by this?

I knew we had some good prospects, but I had always assumed that every other team had prospects that were probably just as good.  This list makes me realize that we have more high-end prospects than any other team, and in particular, more than any other Canadian team.

(Taken with a grain of salt because it is Craig Button)

I guess I'm one of the few who think Button actually knows what he's talking about.

He had Jake at #26 (or thereabouts) on his mid-year ratings while everyone else had Jake in top 10, but moved him up for his final rating. I think Canuck Nation got to him. In hindsight, seems like he had Jake pegged properly to begin with.

2 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

I guess I'm one of the few who think Button actually knows what he's talking about.

He had Jake at #26 (or thereabouts) on his mid-year ratings while everyone else had Jake in top 10, but moved him up for his final rating. I think Canuck Nation got to him. In hindsight, seems like he had Jake pegged properly to begin with.

If I recall correctly he was also high on Boeser and Gaudette before most of the other sources that produce these kinds of rankings even had those guys on their radar...

8 minutes ago, MJDDawg said:

in fairness nhl.com had jake as #6 for north american skaters themselves and even bleacher report had him 6 on the mock

https://www.nhl.com/news/nhl-css-2014-n-american-skaters-final-rankings/c-712854

http://bleacherreport.com/articles/2081205-2014-nhl-mock-draft-projections-for-top-30-picks-after-3rd-round-of-playoffs

1 minute ago, xereau said:

Demko is way too low.  WAAAAAAAAAAY.  He is playing in a real league, most of these kids are in kids leagues or European leagues. Demko is dominating the AHL on a crappy team.  He is top 10.

Only 5 goalies made the list in total so I’m pretty happy that he’s at least mentioned on here. All the other goalies are younger which is probably why they are ranked higher. More potential and stuff. 

Personally, I rank Demko as the 2nd best Canucks prospect

I still feel there's room for improvement.  Lind not on the list is questionable, plus we have guys that are in my opinion sleepers.  Brassard, Gadjovich, DiPietro etc.

But if Linden and Aqua man cannot look at this, look at our progress pre injuries at the end of November and decide to not re-sign Benning then they are out to lunch.

IMO we STILL need next year to be a top 10-15 draft and some additional picks between the next two drafts to really start feeling comfortable about having quality prospect depth

Sign the Benning already!!!!

Archived