The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Next Year's Line Up?

TheGuardian_

On 2/27/2018 at 10:37 AM, flickyoursedin said:

All guys Benning probably had offers on but claimed to really like his group of guys. Maybe by losing a few or being forced to trade them for less in the summer that he was being offered at the deadline will make him a better deadline trader. Trade the guys that are late 20’s for high picks they’re not a part of our next core. Don’t hold onto them until they’re 33+ years old and expect the same returns!

Since you like to go full metal negative let's look at this from that perspective. Maybe another team did make an offer for Goldobin, and possibly it was a mere 7th round pick. Would you have accepted that trade, or would you keep the kid around and play him, and maybe the offer gets upped in some fashion after the season is over?

<insert here your comments regarding lack of ice time, you not understanding why the coach doesn't play Goldobin more, and the Sedins should be benched, etc. and not really answering the question posed to you>

So, that being said, would you have taken that low, low, low-ball offer?

regards,  G.

7 hours ago, 10pavelbure96 said:

Kane Horvat Boeser

Sedin Sedin Petterson

Leipsic Gaudette Virtanen

Motte Sutter Eriksson

Archibald

Dahlin Tanev

Edler Gudbranson

Juolevi Stecher

Pouliot Biega

Raanta 

Demko

Lind might surprise and become the 2nd coming of TL and make the team...where's Baer, Granlund, Gagner, Gaunce, and Dowd. Many passengers still on the bus and the bus has reached its destination.

On 2018-02-27 at 1:33 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

Jussi is window dressing, they could have got him for half price off the wavier wire for nothing.

That prospect is a 5 year pro that couldn't crack their line up, just goes to show how bad the Nucks are. This GM won't even move his own prospects up that have been in the system for 4 years.

And the kid isn't a prospect any more, he is an AHL player not as good as Vey and a lot daintier.

Jokinen was simply a contract dump for us to get a higher rated prospect in Motte in the trade. If we’d wanted Jokinen, which I strongly assume we did not, we would’ve gotten him off of waivers. 

On 2/27/2018 at 1:33 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

Jussi is window dressing, they could have got him for half price off the wavier wire for nothing.

That prospect is a 5 year pro that couldn't crack their line up, just goes to show how bad the Nucks are. This GM won't even move his own prospects up that have been in the system for 4 years.

And the kid isn't a prospect any more, he is an AHL player not as good as Vey and a lot daintier.

get real.  try to get your facts straight - it undermines all your drama when you embellish like this.

Motte is a 2nd year pro - made the Hawks straight out of college as a 21 year old last year.   66 career pro-games and 22 years old. You're talking gibberish.

Petersson Tavares Boeser 

Leipsic Horvat Goldobin 

Baertchi Motte Virtanen 

Gaunce Sutter Gagner 

Edler Gudbranson

Del Zotto Stetcher 

Hutton Pouliot 

Markstrom 

Neilsson 

Signs: Tavares 

Moves: Eriksson, Granlund, Tanev, 

Retire: Sedins

Utica adds: Gaudette, Lind, Dahlen, Juolevi, 

Draft: Evan Bouchard

Get Bouchard and Juolevi playing together in Utica. 

On 2/27/2018 at 2:05 AM, flickyoursedin said:

Pettersson Horvat Boeser

Baertschi Sutter Virtanen

Sedin Sedin Gaudette

Gaunce Ganger Eriksson

Leipsic

(Dowd waived, Archibald waived, Biega waived, Goldobin Russia or waived)

Stetcher Tanev

Edler Gudbranson

Pouliot Del Zotto

Hutton

Markstrom

Nilsson

With the exception of Guddy.. butter soft team yet again, Boeser Petterson and Horvat targeted like the Sedin's were for years and we still won't get a  cup.. playoff's maybe but a cup? Forget about it.. sigh... :(

12 minutes ago, iceman64 said:

With the exception of Guddy.. butter soft team yet again, Boeser Petterson and Horvat targeted like the Sedin's were for years and we still won't get a  cup.. playoff's maybe but a cup? Forget about it.. sigh... :(

There is nothing this team can do about a cup next year. We’ve finished bottom 5 in 3 of the last 4 years and it’s looking like that’s our fate yet again this year. It’s gonna be a while.

5 hours ago, iceman64 said:

Keep drafting skill players until we have a decent line up. the you can add tougher players through free agency or trades. This year I hope we draft some bigger meaner D that can skate and play both ways in the game.

8 hours ago, flickyoursedin said:

There is nothing this team can do about a cup next year. We’ve finished bottom 5 in 3 of the last 4 years and it’s looking like that’s our fate yet again this year. It’s gonna be a while.

Very good chance that next year is worse, if they continue as they are DFL the next two years, which at this point would not be so bad because the team would be hip deep in top end draft picks just like Edmonton, Buffalo, Arizona, TO and the Rangers.

On 27/02/2018 at 1:33 AM, TheGuardian_ said:

Lmao.  Hindsight is 20/20 right now for you I'm sure

1 hour ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Very good chance that next year is worse, if they continue as they are DFL the next two years, which at this point would not be so bad because the team would be hip deep in top end draft picks just like Edmonton, Buffalo, Arizona, TO and the Rangers.

With our current goalie tandem, we will finish bottom five next season too.  I’m okay with that though.  I’m also okay with trading Tanev, and Edler at next year’s TDL (or this summer for Tanev) to get picks in 2019.  We hold the draft, so having (let’s say) 10 picks in the first four rounds could be very exciting!

Pettersson/Tkachuk(Draft Pick) - Horvat - Boeser

Pettersson/Tkachuk(Draft Pick) - Gaudette - Virtanen

Sedin - Sedin - Goldobin

Baer/Leipsic - Sutter - Archibald

Stetcher - Tanev

Edler - Gudbranson

Pouliot -  Hutton

Biega

29 minutes ago, J-23 said:

Pettersson/Tkachuk(Draft Pick) - Horvat - Boeser

Pettersson/Tkachuk(Draft Pick) - Gaudette - Virtanen

Sedin - Sedin - Goldobin

Baer/Leipsic - Sutter - Archibald

Stetcher - Tanev

Edler - Gudbranson

Pouliot -  Hutton

Biega

OMG please do not take Tkachuck over any of the D men available top 10.

Again if your guessing the make up of next years line up please take into account players that are already guaranteed spots via contracts.

Please try not to "create" a team you "hope" will be iced.

I do have another question;

What make this group players on this team so special? To me it isn't like they have a hope in hades for a cup run or barely even a playoff run, which at this time would be a disaster.

On 3/4/2018 at 1:34 PM, mikeyman109 said:

OMG please do not take Tkachuck over any of the D men available top 10.

If he's there at 4th Overall, I wouldn't even think twice about picking Tkatchuk. 

Heck even if he's there at 3rd, I would probably think hard about picking him.

Let's not miss out on another Tkatchuk who brings elements clearly lacking in our dressing room.

5 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

If he's there at 4th Overall, I wouldn't even think twice about picking Tkatchuk. 

Heck even if he's there at 3rd, I would probably think hard about picking him.

Let's not miss out on another Tkatchuk who brings elements clearly lacking in our dressing room.

yes lets make sure we follow the Oilers strategy of picking forwards over D men. Especially in a draft year when there are 15 of the top 30 are expected to be D. Wouldnt want to have say Two stud D men in 4 years to help clear the net or move the puck. We want to add another forward that we could get in a trade or draft later on. Remind me again how the Coilers are doing this year after how many first round picks in the top 5 and still no defensemen?

51 minutes ago, TheGuardian_ said:

Again if your guessing the make up of next years line up please take into account players that are already guaranteed spots via contracts.

Please try not to "create" a team you "hope" will be iced.

I do have another question;

What make this group players on this team so special? To me it isn't like they have a hope in hades for a cup run or barely even a playoff run, which at this time would be a disaster.

absolutely agree, thus the need to build the team for four years out

3 minutes ago, mikeyman109 said:

yes lets make sure we follow the Oilers strategy of picking forwards over D men. Especially in a draft year when there are 15 of the top 30 are expected to be D. Wouldnt want to have say Two stud D men in 4 years to help clear the net or move the puck. We want to add another forward that we could get in a trade or draft later on. Remind me again how the Coilers are doing this year after how many first round picks in the top 5 and still no defensemen?

Not sure if Tkatchuk type of pedigree is available in every draft. 

What his brother did for the Flames isn't something that you can trade or draft later on.

And I expect this one to be as good if not better than his brother. 

Comparing Oilers to our current situation isn't logical because we did draft Juolevi at 5th in pervious draft and we do have young Dmen like Briesbois (former 3rd round pick) and Chatfield in our system, making progress in their development. 

Sure having a high pick D-men is nice and all. But do we risk picking small D (Boqvist or Hughes) over NHL-ready Tkatchuk? Or do we really pick Bouchard at......4th?

If we trade down, are we guaranteed to have a high-end D still available?

As of right now, I am not completely sold on picking a Dmen at 4th Overall (If we end up with that pick). 

But what do I know. I ain't an NHL scout. 

I guess it all comes down to the draft day.

3 minutes ago, LowerMainLander18 said:

Not sure if Tkatchuk type of pedigree is available in every draft. 

What his brother did for the Flames isn't something that you can trade or draft later on.

And I expect this one to be as good if not better than his brother. 

Comparing Oilers to our current situation isn't logical because we did draft Juolevi at 5th in pervious draft and we do have young Dmen like Briesbois (former 3rd round pick) and Chatfield in our system, making progress in their development. 

Sure having a high pick D-men is nice and all. But do we risk picking small D (Boqvist or Hughes) over NHL-ready Tkatchuk? Or do we really pick Bouchard at......4th?

If we trade down, are we guaranteed to have a high-end D still available?

As of right now, I am not completely sold on picking a Dmen at 4th Overall (If we end up with that pick). 

But what do I know. I ain't an NHL scout. 

I guess it all comes down to the draft day.

well Bouchard is projected top 5 so I don't think you can trade down and get him. I like Wilde and Bahl because they are bigger north American kids that can skate. And picking because we think they are NHL ready this year doesn't do us much good we are not going to be ready to compete for a cup for 4 years. I just dont like the BPA when you have such a need at D and I do not consider Tkachuck pedigree. How many cups did his dad win again? Just curious.

Archived