The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Retirement] The Sedins to retire at the end of the season

HerrDrFunk

3 minutes ago, Ghostsof1915 said:

Swedish scouts?

Thought they implied in their letter they're staying in Vancouver and don't want to travel anymore  - how can they scout SWE if they're living here and don't want to be on the road constantly? Better just make them local Canucks ambassadors.  

29 minutes ago, apollo said:

Didn't have to end this way :(

I envisioned them re-signing 1 year 1 million and winning a cup with Petterson

Clearly wasn't their vision. They've earned the right to end their careers how they see fit.

We're not winning a cup for a few more years.

2 minutes ago, Scottish⑦Canuck said:

I thought they had another season in them. I'm a little shocked.

So glad I was lucky enough to watch them live on three occasions in the last 15 years. Legends of the game.

I truly thought they would stick around one more year as well, but I respect their decision entirely, and actually am glad they decided to announce it before the offseason so management can plan accordingly.

We've been so lucky to have had them their entire careers, and it's sad to see an era officially end, but now we can put it all behind us and look forward with our new team.

9 minutes ago, VforVirtanen said:

I'm not crying, it's just raining on my face.

For your information I have an inflammation in my tear glands.

:(

...it's just the allergy's making me sniffle...I knew it was time...and so did they...still doesn't make it any easier to say good-bye...

Two of the Classiest players to ever lace them up...!

This is one of those things in life that you know is inevitable yet at the same time you can never really truly prepare yourself for.  I feel like I'll remember this announcement forever like how I remember everything about the day Gretz was traded. 

Oh my god...why the sedins do this to us, I mean...I know they do have the right. But its simply too hard to accept this fact with only 3 games left. Im about to cry and I havent got a chance to watch a game in Rogers Arena because I live in Montreal.

Archived