The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Report] Bill Peters resigns as Hurricanes head coach to become new Flames head coach

2 hours ago, chon derry said:

he is from 3 hills so there is that......plus Carolina deserves being abandoned .

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

?

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

how they treated gallant,  the cab thing.

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

that was Florida.

1 hour ago, chon derry said:

:bigblush:

tenor.gif?itemid=5564467

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

yep - love Gallant - am disgusted by what the Rowe - 'analyticz' crew - did to Gallant - but am sure enjoying him kill it in the playoffs with Las Vegas.

Carolina though - have never been a fan of the location for an NHL team - but the team itself I like, and Ron Francis is one of my favorite GMs - I  think he's done a great job there, particularly drafting.

Pretty sure the new owner made Francis step down as GM as they did not see eye to eye. He's currently an advisor or something like that now.

Be interesting how he handles a room that didn't appear all that aligned at times from an outside viewing.   Would think at least a couple of major player moves may follow as he will not be cool with those who do not backcheck - he is 100% old school.

3 hours ago, oldnews said:

AV should go to Montreal - as their coach - and interim GM - tasked with hiring a real NHL GM - to his liking.

He's french.  Why not?   tink owdsai da bocks

He started in Montreal, didn't he?

I have speculated he would move to a place he had some control over personnel? Did not think Montreal, but they do need better player personnel decisions!

4 hours ago, peaches5 said:

Pretty sure the new owner made Francis step down as GM as they did not see eye to eye. He's currently an advisor or something like that now.

thanks for that - I missed that / or forgot (probably the latter lol).

uh, that's just dumb imo. 

Perhaps that has something to do with the coach walking.  If he were a Francis hire, and believed in the job he was doing....

So - this is now the coach, GM, President and owner of the Hurricanes?

Image result for tom dundon

Already not a fan.

Maybe it's not that different than Florida.

9 hours ago, captainhorvat said:

4 years with Carolina and never made the playoffs. It seems like Treliving was already sold on his boy Peters without going thru interviewing possible candidates. Not sure if thats going to sit well with lame nation.

Perfect! He can keep the Flames on the cusp of making the playoffs for the next three years or so.

Worked wonders with the great young defense and forwards that the Canes were assembling. He’ll manage to get the least out of what the Lames have.

2 hours ago, oldnews said:

thanks for that - I missed that / or forgot (probably the latter lol).

uh, that's just dumb imo. 

Perhaps that has something to do with the coach walking.  If he were a Francis hire, and believed in the job he was doing....

So - this is now the coach, GM, President and owner of the Hurricanes?

Image result for tom dundon

Already not a fan.

Maybe it's not that different than Florida.

Jerry Jones  wannabe?

I don't like Bill Peters method of publicly shaming his players. He's another Bob Hartley, expects a crapton of you, but might actually be a fit with the kind of team Calgary has.

16 hours ago, Odd. said:

I don't like Bill Peters method of publicly shaming his players. He's another Bob Hartley, expects a crapton of you, but might actually be a fit with the kind of team Calgary has.

I do :bigblush:

I hope he calls out a lot of players next season. 

AV shot calgary down because he knows they are a dumpster fire and wont make the playoffs unless joe quenville coaches them.   bill peters is a bum and was boasting what Detroit did when he was AC under babcock lol. Calgary plays a soft game and so did carolina under him this was the biggest gift that halfwit calgary GM could do for edmonton and vancouver.        anyways back to what i was getting at  AV will be coaching the wild once this plug gets skidded in short order

bruce-boudreau-hit-in-head.jpg

1 hour ago, Ryan Strome said:

According to Treliving they only interviewed and went after Peters. Treliving put all his eggs in one basket by the sounds of it.

Treliving worked with Peters at the Worlds. He already knows much more about him and his philosophy than he could even hope to glean from multiple interviews with anyone else.

16 hours ago, burrardstreetbullies said:

AV shot calgary down because he knows they are a dumpster fire and wont make the playoffs unless joe quenville coaches them.   bill peters is a bum and was boasting what Detroit did when he was AC under babcock lol. Calgary plays a soft game and so did carolina under him this was the biggest gift that halfwit calgary GM could do for edmonton and vancouver.        anyways back to what i was getting at  AV will be coaching the wild once this plug gets skidded in short order

bruce-boudreau-hit-in-head.jpg

Wow..tell us how you REALLY feel? 

38 minutes ago, D-Money said:

Treliving worked with Peters at the Worlds. He already knows much more about him and his philosophy than he could even hope to glean from multiple interviews with anyone else.

I realize this and I have nothing against Peters I just assumed the process would involve more candidates.

Mike Commodore just took a bathroom break all over Babcocks head. Said why did Peters get the job? He hasn't done anything and under achieved this year. Peterd blamed goaltending yet is going to Calgary who has had the same issue.

A deeper more developed team sure. But Calgary needs a younger starter then Smith. Maybe he comes back for 1 more year and a 2nd as a backup. But they need a real tender.

Archived