The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2018-19 CDC Puck League

thejazz97

5 hours ago, Canuck Surfer said:

So Boston is at a fork in the road.

Take the road less travelled?  Make Draisaitl, Borgstrom, Zibanajed, Kylington, Eriksson Ek, Brandon Saad, Issac Lundestrom available for play off warriors?

Take the highway, frought with speeding opportunities to crash; Trade Evander Kane, Radulov, Tuukka Rask, Noah Hanifin for youth, speed, skill, cap savings.

Inquiries in all directions welcome! Leaning towards being a buyer.

Simple Hockey trades?

So your broadcast isn't forgotten on the bottom of last page :P 

So I was going to see playoffs through, and try to win it all this year, BUT, It is with some sadness that I will be resigning as the GM of the Vancouver Canucks.

Quite happy with the team I built and how much of a contender this team has been/is, but my heart is just not in the league anymore. We will keep it at that. 

Thanks to @Master Mind for inviting me to join the league. It was fun while it lasted.

Thanks all

• Cheers 4

Florida going into the deadline

BOLD is on the block

Hyman - Monahan - Oshie 

Lucic - Coleman - Rakell 

Van Riemsdyk - Sissons - Kahun

Bertuzzi - Kempe - Eberle

Smith - Janmark - Acciari

Baertschi - Aston-Reese - Leivo

Greenway - Zykov - Kerfoot

Forbort -  Lindell

Lindholm - Vatanen

Zaitsev - Hickey

Reilly

Grubauer

Bernier

Binnington (he's killing it!)

Lots of interest in Oshie and Sissons so far, but no one ready to pull the trigger. If that's you -- Hit me up!! Obvious need is on the blue line.

19 minutes ago, Salter said:

mD3TYLz.jpg&key=955107356c86cfbb2ddb0c19

To FLA: Kerfoot

To DAL: Gudbranson

This deal fell in our lap and we jumped on it. Happy to get a good young forward on a team that should get better. 

BUT, it does leave my hole on the blue line even deeper so hit me up with some sweet D action. 

• Upvote 2

16 minutes ago, inane said:

This deal fell in our lap and we jumped on it. Happy to get a good young forward on a team that should get better. 

BUT, it does leave my hole on the blue line even deeper so hit me up with some sweet D action. 

I’ve got lots of defense available.

9 minutes ago, Salter said:

de3rUNf.jpg

Hello, all! The goal of fantasy hockey is to create a fun, somewhat realistic, exaggeration of the sport we all know and love. The commissioner team has recently been discussing certain rule changes/additions to the league, and realized it is hard to decide on behalf of 31 individuals. We have come up with the idea to have the GM's be able to submit, and vote on potential changes/adjustments to the league. Our goal is to create a fun environment that best suites the majority, if not all of the members. 

We encourage all GM's to either reply to this post, or PM the commissioner team an idea that would help create an exciting, well structured league. Whether it be fun and outlandish, or integral and will increase realism. We want to hear anything that the GM's would enjoy. 

We will be taking suggestions starting now, until Saturday, March 2nd. The commissioner team is going to comb through any suggestions and do an internal vote on whether or not it would be viable to the current league setup (we do not want anything game breaking). We also plan on engaging with the GM who suggested it for more details and possible adjustments to make it work. 

Following the deadline, a link to a survey will be posted in the thread for a week, for the GM's to vote on all of the potential changes. 

Let us know what you would like to see!

My suggestions:

1) Goalies should be worth slightly more. With the increase in offense, now there isn't a single goalie in the top-10 scoring players this season. Last year there were 2, the year prior, 3. Perhaps an extra 2 points for a shutout?

2) Slightly more points for a goal than an assist, maybe just 0.5 more.

3) Rosters shouldn't be illegal if you have less than 23 players. You should just need 20, like RL. Would give teams another option for cap flexibility.

4) Two roster goalies should be required at all times.

5) Still like the idea of maximum games played, to limit the ability to have an army of waiver-ineligible players coming up and down. Although, the new 125GP rule will help curb that a bit.

• Thanks 1

Totally agree with this league being completely different because of the relaxed or “easy” rules. Keep it that way. 

1) Contract negotiations should take into account playoff value. Abdelkader produced over 4 pts/g last year, but I wasn’t able to give him away for free. That’s absurd.

2) Reduce contract max lengths to 5 years.

3) For NCAA drafted players only, have a new contract type that counts towards your 50, but is not a ELC. You can’t collect points and no salary is negotiated.

For me, Tyler Inamoto won’t sign an nhl contract for atleast another year. But I have to burn atleast 1 maybe 2 years of his ELC to keep his rights with no chance of him playing in the NHL. It’s different than CHLer/AHLers. Not a fan 

• Thanks 1
  • Cheers 1
  • Upvote 1

10 hours ago, Art Vandelay said:

1) Contract negotiations should take into account playoff value. Abdelkader produced over 4 pts/g last year, but I wasn’t able to give him away for free. That’s absurd.

2) Reduce contract max lengths to 5 years.

1) I think the commish team takes demand into account during negotiations (they certainly did with me with Arvidsson). But going too far down that road is a slippery slope. RL teams suddenly surge or go off a cliff, and players get traded. But contracts are often lasting. 

2) I like that idea a lot.