The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

2019 NHL Entry Draft in Vancouver, BC

Qwags

34 minutes ago, Kootenay Gold said:

Cap friendly has all of that info but for players like Zhukenov you have to look at the reserve list to get their status. As for Mazanec; I believe he has signed with a team in Europe for next season. He would have been a FA on July 1st.

Comets goalies for next season are likely to be Bachman and  Dipietro; with Kielly and possibly Kulbakov playing in the ECHL as call ups.

Rafferty and Teves will most certainly be re-signed and Eliot will likely play in Utica next year. I think Woo can not play in Utica next year because of his age (must be 20) so it remains to be seen what they decide to do with him. Calgary Hitmen of the WHL traded for him so most likely he will play there unless he makes the Canucks out of camp which I think is unlikely.

Great info, thanks!

On ‎5‎/‎18‎/‎2019 at 8:21 PM, CoolCanucklehead said:

At 10 I'm confident JB has got another Ace in his hands...

Only way hes going to improve his Full house Ace full of Kings (Petey, Bo, Brock and Hughes, Woo) to quad Aces.

Realistically hoping for a forward - Newhook, Krebs or Podkolzin for me.

On ‎5‎/‎20‎/‎2019 at 3:07 AM, khay said:

I still have hopes for Juolevi but man, if we drafted PLD...

PLD-Horvat

PLD and Horvat would be the workhorses that drive the Canucks engine for the next 10 years.

Then its likely you don't get Pettersson.

I think I would prefer Pettersson over PLD 10 times out of 10.

• Upvote 1

Just now, Seannnp said:

Just now, Seannnp said:

It is funny in the grand scheme of things how it all plays out. Either way the Canucks would have had a very good player.

23 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Watching Quinn Hughes, it's obvious he's a great skater, very good on the PP, provides offense, etc. But his D-game is lacking at times. He needs a solid top pairing

Hughes, Juolevi and Woo are a really good start, but they need major upgrades to the talent pool. I think the forwards are very intriguing this year, but there should still be good forwards in the 2nd and 3rd.  Canucks need another high-end D. Seider is an interesting thought, but he's been injured before and was injured again at the World's. Canucks don't need another Salo/Tanev type of injury prone Dman. Broberg could be an interesting pick. He has size and speed, playing against men. Harley could be a good partner for Hughes. He also has size and skates well. I think the most responsible defender could be Bjornfot. 

Absolutely agree that Hughes, Juolevi, and Woo are a really good start. If all three end up being top 4 dmen which I am confident will happen then we are only missing a top pairing defenseman with Hutton, Stetcher and Rathbone likely competing for the 5 and 6 spot. In 2020 I would throw as much money as possible at Pietrangelo or Roman Josi who are likely getting between 8-10 million. For AP, who I think is the ideal partner and best fit in the entire league for Hughes, outside of Hedman I would offer 11-12m for 6-7 years. This essentially shores up your blueline. You cant expect your entire team to be drafted players. If that was the case there would be no need for trades and free agency.

Hughes Pietrangelo 

Juolevi Woo

Hutton Stetcher                                                                                                                                                                                                                                           

Edited by Seannnp

17 hours ago, guntrix said:

Would be a mistake given how 4-10 is a wash. 

I don't completely agree with this. I think Byram has played himself into the top tier alongside Hughes and Kakko but there is definitely a 2nd tier which in my opinion has 4 players who have a stronger skillset than those in that third tier (arguably of course)

My rankings based on what I've seen and read.

Hughes

Kakko

Byram

Turcotte

Dach

Podkolzin

Cozens

Zegras

Krebs

Boldy

Caufield

Newhook

Soderstrom

Broberg

Seider

10 hours ago, artemchubarov said:

Like hfboards Edmonton? Let me guess, just cause I think Green is a horrible coach I must be an Oilers fan? No, I've been with this team since 2017 and I don't intend on leaving until at least next April if we are not in the playoffs. 

Your posts speak for themselves, I can't believe your account is still active lol

• Cheers 1

35 minutes ago, khay said:

PLD was drafted in 2016 but made the NHL in 2017-18. EP was drafted after 2016-17 season.

PLD would not have made the NHL and we would get EP anyways.

the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state.

Drafting PLD changes our initial conditions regardless of whether or not he makes the team because the path towards Pettersson, like anything else, remains non-linear. Drafting PLD changes everything for the Canucks so there is no guarantee we draft 5th let alone draft Pettersson.

E.g. Columbus drafts Pujuljarvi. Canucks draft PLD. Columbus decides to trade for Duchene from Colorado for Wrenski or something. Colorado no longer needs Makar. Colorado drafts anyone other than Makar. Canucks draft Makar.

I hope my rationale translates clearly on the page lol. It seemed to make sense in my head.

• Haha 1
  • Wat 2
  • Upvote 1

On 5/20/2019 at 11:22 AM, NUCKER67 said:

Something else I've noticed at these Worlds is how good Debricat has been. Elusive, smart, shot. Makes me wonder if Caufield would be a great choice at #10 if he's there. 

You are aware they are two different people, right?

2 hours ago, Seannnp said:

I don't completely agree with this. I think Byram has played himself into the top tier alongside Hughes and Kakko but there is definitely a 2nd tier which in my opinion has 4 players who have a stronger skillset than those in that third tier (arguably of course)

My rankings based on what I've seen and read.

Hughes

Kakko

Byram

Turcotte

Dach

Podkolzin

Cozens

Zegras

Krebs

Boldy

Caufield

Newhook

Soderstrom

Broberg

Seider

If Boldy is available at 10 we should grab him. First line LW is a priority. We can draft D later in the second round.

1 hour ago, Seannnp said:

the butterfly effect is the sensitive dependence on initial conditions in which a small change in one state of a deterministic nonlinear system can result in large differences in a later state.

Drafting PLD changes our initial conditions regardless of whether or not he makes the team because the path towards Pettersson, like anything else, remains non-linear. Drafting PLD changes everything for the Canucks so there is no guarantee we draft 5th let alone draft Pettersson.

E.g. Columbus drafts Pujuljarvi. Canucks draft PLD. Columbus decides to trade for Duchene from Colorado for Wrenski or something. Colorado no longer needs Makar. Colorado drafts anyone other than Makar. Canucks draft Makar.

I hope my rationale translates clearly on the page lol. It seemed to make sense in my head.

But what about the scenario that if PLD was available the runout was we were going to trade that pick to Montreal for PK Subban? 

Exciting times on CDC! Haha

8 minutes ago, steviewonder20 said:

If Boldy is available at 10 we should grab him. First line LW is a priority. We can draft D later in the second round.

I mean, we can draft forwards in the 2nd round too. Doesn’t mean we should. If you like a guy at your pick. Take him, regardless of position.

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, steviewonder20 said:

What puts Boldy over Krebs for you? For me its Krebs if he is available at 10 to play with Horvat. I think that the Pettersson line needs en established LW that can come in and have an immediate impact. Outside of Kakko I don't think anyone in the draft will be able to do that. This is where we should be looking at making a splash in free agency this year or next with Panarin, Hall, Kreider all potential free agents.

Kreider/Hall Pettersson Boeser

Krebs Horvat Virtanen (please god, help Virtanen reach his ceiling)

Pearson Gaudette Leivo

Roussel Beagle Motte