The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Is it time to fire Travis Green?

FedorFedorov

As many of you know, I am not a big fan of Travis Green at all. Although he is not given much to work with, I think he is an amateur coach. There were red lights from Utica fans during his tenure there of his stubbornness to keep playing certain players and his tactical knowledge. Let's not forget he has never won anything in the AHL level at all. 

What do you think?

Green has yet convinced me that he is a great coach but he is doing well so far.

There are a number of things that I question about him but man we are in a process that still needs room for more evaluation as an organization putting a competitve team together.

Hang in there, it is way too early in the rebuild for a coaching change!

I'll be the first to admit I didn't care much for the Travis Green hiring and frankly I am not sure I'm convinced he is an NHL coach. That being said I will give him the benefit of the doubt because the young guys are just finding their own and some are thriving under his style. I just don't know if the team can do what he wants them too and I highly doubt Edler can save this sagging d corp. I'll give Green until the end of the season to see what he can do before I make my final decision . If we are still injury riddled I give him a pass but a short leash next year. If he gets the team going like when Vigneault turned a 10 game losing streak into a 12 game winning streak I hand him the reigns, but if he flops with a full roster then I believe we go after coach Q. 

Travis Green is doing very good with a bottom 10 team..

Every game these players are working there asses off..Thats says to me the players like his systems.

Green is teaching what it takes to be a pro..Just look at what he has done with, Jake, Hutton, Goldy, Beartchi. Boser, he is a good teacher for younger players.. Bo Is also playing great hockey under Green..

I think Green is good for this team,,Honestly we are a bottom 10 team, 2 yrs away from playoffs..

The Pacific Division is the weakest in the league....

We have to be realistic about the team..I am vey happy how these guys play every night..

This team is entertaining and surprising everyone how they can score at times..

Don't make no crazy trade we will get another very good top 10 prospect in this years draft..

Green keeps them playing this system..Doing very good for all the injuries..

5 minutes ago, DonaldBrashear said:

Yep. 7 losses in a row in this day and age is unacceptable. He thought he could be "buddies" with the players, WRONG. You need to be a coach and be FIRM with them but now he can't do that, he can't go from being Mr. Nice Guy to being coach lub-a-dub. Willie made the same mistake too.

BRING BACK MIKE KEENAN!

Not sure if you’ve heard any of his pressers, but Green regularly will call a spade a spade when asked about a players poor performance. Fairly reasonable to assume that if he’s saying that publicly, he’s even more so calling players out privately. C’mon man. 

Archived