The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Trade] Canucks trade Michael Carcone to Maple Leafs for Josh Leivo

7 minutes ago, luckylager said:

Gotcha

Must have lost that in translation. I tend to tune out my Leaf Blower colleague..

some of the benning haters think Leivo was going to be put on waivers so we could have gotten for free, that said, we are like 5th in the pecking order and no way of actually getting him, we traded a AHler, to get him, Leafs was going to lose him for nothing, win win for everyone.

1 hour ago, cory40 said:

Have not been a Gagne fan, but I see the shaping up of his game! Goldy has the most to lose by this move as I can't see him sticking in the top 6 simply because, he seems to try and force low percentage plays costing valuable zone time. After Saturdays game and Ian Mac talking about the Canucks only having 1 top 6 winger in Boeser and Baer on the way making it two, I am not surprised by a new face. I doubt it stops here! I watched three games with my eye on EP! And I noticed Goldy's ability to not pass to EP stand out like a sore thumb! Your going to play on a top line you better use the players your with!  

Is Goldy a bottom 6 guy? I am seeing the end of Goldys try-out. He might have 5 or 6 games to get things going. But I think its over as of now. And barring injury he doesn't see ice with EP again!

You’re out of your mind bro.  He’s a point leader on a team that has a losing record.

14 minutes ago, MoneypuckOverlord said:

some of the benning haters think Leivo was going to be put on waivers so we could have gotten for free, that said, we are like 5th in the pecking order and no way of actually getting him, we traded a AHler, to get him, Leafs was going to lose him for nothing, win win for everyone.

There's no way he'd have made it to us on the wire.

3 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Shore

Skille

Dowd

Boucher

Leipsic

Vey

Etem

and now this guy.

im sure I’m missing a few similar transactions.

JB has been pretty good at drafting at least.  

...Granlund, Baertschi, Goldy, Dahlen...  maybe Leivo can trend closer to these pickups. 

Just now, luckylager said:

There's no way he'd have made it to us on the wire.

Every team knew he was available since his trade request earlier in the year.  LA, StLouis, Pittsburgh, Edmonton are among teams looking to make roster adjustments.  They probably all have a prospect à la Carcone to trade for Leivo. There is the 50 contract limit and teams sometimes prefer sending someone the other way.

14 minutes ago, riffraff said:

You’re out of your mind bro.  He’s a point leader on a team that has a losing record.

This seems to be a running theme around here that goldy can’t pass, if anything it’s the contrary. Last game he set up EP with a beauty pass on a partial 2 on 1 and EP just missed, he was shaking his head after like “ I shoulda had that one “. I consistently notice goldy making high caliber passes and his teammates not finishing.

57 minutes ago, VancouverHabitant said:

If you're suggesting that having our AHL team in town is a good idea, I would disagree.  Being in the East (where the Leafs, Marlies and Comets are) is better because they don't need to spend half their days on buses and airplanes. 

so much this.

9 minutes ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

Shore

Skille

Dowd

Boucher

Leipsic

Vey

Etem

and now this guy.

im sure I’m missing a few similar transactions.

JB has been pretty good at drafting at least.  

He's been trying to plug holes with limited assets.

You want better than what he's been bring in? Sure, we all do. But you gotta give to get, and frankly we've had sweet &^@# all to give for years.

He inherited jack $&!#. So he's been plugging holes as best he can until Hus picks mature, as opposed to manure.

Just now, luckylager said:

He's been trying to plug holes with limited assets.

You want better than what he's been bring in? Sure, we all do. But you gotta give to get, and frankly we've had sweet &^@# all to give for years.

He inherited jack $&!#. So he's been plugging holes as best he can until Hus picks mature, as opposed to manure.

He’s been trying.

lets give him that. 

3 minutes ago, mll said:

Every team knew he was available since his trade request earlier in the year.  LA, StLouis, Pittsburgh, Edmonton are among teams looking to make roster adjustments.  They probably all have a prospect à la Carcone to trade for Leivo. There is the 50 contract limit and teams sometimes prefer sending someone the other way.

Not sure I follow.

Are you suggesting Leivo would have landed in our lap without giving up Carcone?

I disagree

26 minutes ago, riffraff said:

7 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

This seems to be a running theme around here that goldy can’t pass, if anything it’s the contrary. Last game he set up EP with a beauty pass on a partial 2 on 1 and EP just missed, he was shaking his head after like “ I shoulda had that one “. I consistently notice goldy making high caliber passes and his teammates not finishing.

The issue with Goldy is his board play and defensive awareness, not his incredible skill set.

It's encouraging to see Goldy hustling back and actually trying his ass off on the back check, attempting to battle on the boards and minding the gaps.. He's just not great at that stuff yet. He is improving though.

Don't know if I can stomach watching Goldy Petey and Boes get owned in the dzone anymore. Just sayin

18 minutes ago, Nancouver said:

Goldobin has trouble keeping the puck the moment anyone bears down on him, let alone stick, or body checks him.  This is mental.  And he has issues with shooting accuracy. Not shooting in general, as I think he is leading the team in this department, even WITH all of those net misses.  And yes, he is definitely a prime puck distributor.  Wouldnt have 3x the assists as goals, if he wasn't.  If he can put on some muscle, learn to be a man on the boards, and take the puck on the ice where HE wants to distribute it, the sky is the ceiling for him.

Archived