The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[PGT] Minnesota Wild at Vancouver Canucks | Dec. 04, 2018

-Vintage Canuck-

1 minute ago, Green Building said:

Nilsson played good. Our PP couldn't get much going, and the chances we generated happened to be foiled more often than not.  

Back to back stupid pointless penalties by Edler and DZ were the turning point of the game.

nilsson was not the problem

but both of our goalies

have a habit of dropping much to quickly to their knees

i guess they think they have the body length to cover the net when they are lower

but i think it was the 2nd goal

anders dropped when he had no reason to

and goal was scored over his shoulder

which had just opened up when he dropped to his knees

if he's stood for another second or 2 he would have stopped it

our goalies play one hell of a lot of the time on their knees

1 minute ago, b3. said:

Maybe I'm being to hard on our defence, but this is how I personally rate them with how they are playing currently.

Top pairing guys:

We have none.

Second pairing guys:

Edler & Tanev - both are solid second pairing guys in this stage of their careers, but they aren't as cool of cats as they used to be.

Third pairing guys:

Stecher - he works his butt off, but there isn't much for offence with him, and he is okay defensively. I always hoped he could be a Ryan Ellis type. I think he is a solid third pairing guy.

Del Zotto - he works hard as well, but makes the most bonehead plays, I see him as a 6-7 defenseman on a good team

Biega - belongs in the AHL that is all

Gudbranson - I honestly think he would have been a camp invite, he doesn't really do anything good.

Hutton - he is probably the most frustrating to watch, he has games where he is a legit 2nd pairing guy, then he goes on spells where you want to dig his grave. It sucks since he is a solid skater, and can think the game.

Pouliot - he doesn't belong in the NHL, decent offensive guy, but can't skate, and can't think the game quick enough.

By the time Juolevi and Hughes are ready, unless they have some signings or trades, this defensive is still going to be god awful. Unless they give Edler, Tanev, and Hutton some Russian gas.

That’s about the most honest thing I’ve seen posted in Canucks talk all season. 

Some call it hate, negativity and trolling, but more aptly, it’s just honesty. 

I don't really understand the crapping on our d men all the time.  They are doing there best. There best just happens to be as good as they are and as good as they will likely ever get. 

It's as though we think they are all top pairing d men who are playing like crap right now.

This is what we got folks. 

What bothers me is that is just not going to be tomorrow that we end up with top d by drafting and development . That takes time. 

JB really needs to pull a rabbit out if a hat and get us a quality d . Now or at the latest training camp. Or we will continue to suffer in that department. 

So stop the whining . It's like game after game we expect to see something different . 

36 minutes ago, Zhukini said:

boring

The only way this team can win with this D is all out attack, like earlier in the year.

There is something to be said for building from the back out - it usually takes a few years longer to develop a good defenceman than a forward.  By the time we have a defence to put behind these forwards and teach them to defend, Horvat might be an old man.

1 minute ago, billabong said:

Canucks needs baertschi back.

This teams has little to no offensive creativity after boeser, pettersson and horvat

and if goldy can’t figure it out we need a top 6 left winger but Maybe it’s leivo :ph34r:

With all them concussions, this is prob the season to walk him back as slow as possible.

We all gotta stomach 40 more ugly games..there's almost no way around it.

1 minute ago, 189lb enforcers? said:

That’s about the most honest thing I’ve seen posted in Canucks talk all season. 

Some call it hate, negativity and trolling, but more aptly, it’s just honesty. 

It’s the truth. If someone disagrees then you’re simply wrong. 

Just now, 6string said:

Wow, what a group. Did I miss something going into this season?

I thought it was a rebuild, guess not.

The hot start really set some unrealistic expectations.  This is basically what I expected, with the bonus that EP has been even better than I hoped (and I was a fan of the pick).

1 minute ago, chilliwiggins said:

cross seam passes wide open all night    LIKE WIDE OPEN.    That should be caught by coaches in game and addressed.    Its funnt because canucks didn't get one cross seam pass all night.

i have not reviewed for that specific play

but i suspect that is not all on the d

who were the forwards

and where were they

Just now, erkayloomeh said:

I don't really understand the crapping on our d men all the time.  They are doing there best. There best just happens to be as good as they are and as good as they will likely ever get. 

It's as though we think they are all top pairing d men who are playing like crap right now.

This is what we got folks. 

What bothers me is that is just not going to be tomorrow that we end up with top d by drafting and development . That takes time. 

JB really needs to pull a rabbit out if a hat and get us a quality d . Now or at the latest training camp. Or we will continue to suffer in that department. 

So stop the whining . It's like game after game we expect to see something different . 

ok

now just let's stop it with the rabbits already

they eat their own poo

and we have already established

that is who the refs should be fed to

enough rabbitry

Archived