The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

[Rumour] Everyone in St. Louis is available

The_Rocket

2 minutes ago, The_Rocket said:

I'd say Tarasenko would make a lot of sense too but would cost too much. probably our first and young forward (maybe Dahlen? Gaudette?) might even cost more if St. Louis is worried the canucks don't finish bottom 10. too much, imo. 

But just for fun..

Baertschi - Horvat - tarasenko

Goldobin - Pettersson - Boeser

...that's nice

I don't see a forecheck.

5 minutes ago, King Heffy said:

Because Pouliot doesn't fit into our long term plans either.  I'd rather someone who will stand up for teammates over a guy who can't play defense.

I still don't see the fit.

I'd rather see an RFA than an expiring 29 yr old that doesn't fit on our blueline unless you sit Stecher (or play him on his off side).

I'd also rather see one of the young skating, play-driving young D presently here remain here even if he's CDC's most infamous.

But maybe we could have our own in-house scrap - Bortuzzo vs Roussel 2.0.

If Tanev is moving, perhaps Bortuzzo makes sense - but I doubt that Tanev is moving.

20 minutes ago, oldnews said:

I'd rather see an RFA than an expiring 29 yr old that doesn't fit on our blueline unless you sit Stecher (or play him on his off side).

I'd also rather see one of the young skating, play-driving young D presently here remain here even if he's CDC's most infamous.

If Tanev is moving, perhaps Bortuzzo makes sense - but I doubt that Tanev is moving.

It sure is hard to put a value on Tanev.  I wonder if mgmt has any clues if he plans to re sign with us after next year. 

Me, if I didn't have a pretty good sense he wanted to stay in Vancouver I do my best to get the most for him this trade deadline 

I think tanev is worth a first ( 15-31) plus a third.

And that's if he's healthy at the tdl.

But who knows.   Has to be the most widely debated topic on CDC in a long time. 

31 minutes ago, Jimmy McGill said:

Schenn would fit Green's style for sure, probably the most achievable guy for us as well. ROR would be great but the price would be close to Taraskenko levels. 

And I just realized that Schenn also has only one year of term remaining.......so it's fairly hard to find a piece there that makes sense, let alone both ways.

7 minutes ago, erkayloomeh said:

It sure is hard to put a value on Tanev.  I wonder if mgmt has any clues if he plans to re sign with us after next year. 

Me, if I didn't have a pretty good sense he wanted to stay in Vancouver I do my best to get the most for him this trade deadline 

I think tanev is worth a first ( 15-31) plus a third.

And that's if he's healthy at the tdl.

But who knows.   Has to be the most widely debated topic on CDC in a long time. 

The one team that might make sense would be Tampa - who is stronger on the left side - have a guy like Coburn whose contract they'd like to move (and we could take as a placeholder for added value on Tanev) - and who have the pieces in terms of young RHD (as well as some good young forwards) while being in a clear contending window.

They have Sergachev playing right side (with Stralman out) - Girardi and Cernak - and imo could stand to add Tanev, move Sergachev to LHD, and upgrade Coburn....I guess it may come down to whether they see Tanev as enough upgrade on Girardi, and how soon Cernak proves to be up to task (he and Foote would be interesting to us imo, and Tampa has the pair of them....)

And they'd foil a Leaf effort in the process.

2 minutes ago, oldnews said:

The one team that might make sense would be Tampa - who is stronger on the left side - have a guy like Coburn whose contract they'd like to move (and we could take as a placeholder for added value on Tanev) - and who have the pieces in terms of young RHD (as well as some good young forwards) while being in a clear contending window.

They have Sergachev playing right side, Girardi and Cernak - and imo could stand to add Tanev, move Sergachev to LHD, and upgrade Coburn....

And they'd foil a Leaf effort in the process.

So structure the deal like this.  They give us there first for the next five years. If they eliminate the leafs then that cancels out the pics. 

Really though, tanev for coburn there first this draft second and third the following year. ? 

1 minute ago, erkayloomeh said:

So structure the deal like this.  They give us there first for the next five years. If they eliminate the leafs then that cancels out the pics. 

Really though, tanev for coburn there first this draft second and third the following year. ? 

that's possible but personally I'd be pushing for Foote or Cernak in that deal.

4 hours ago, Dombrova22 said:

Truthfully, if we have a chance to get Pietrangelo or Parayko... I think we have to at least try. 

1st (top 3 or 5 protected?)

Goldobin

Hutton/Stecher.

Adding one of these 2 is definitely worth it, I don't know if this gets it done but I think so. 

Flame away. 

I would give up the 1st unprotected to get either now, then take our chances with how things turn out.  Adding Pietrangelo would put us out of top 3 lotto contention anyways.  It would also make Tanev tradable in the off season.  

This teams biggest weakness is defense, a player of this caliber would go along way to address this and give our young guys a huge boost of faith by management.  Bring on Hughes next year a  sort out the bottom pairings.  

Demko cracks the lineup and we have a legit team.  

Baer, Horvat and Virtannen

Goldy, Pettersson and Boeser

Rousell Sutter and Lievo

Granlund Beagle and take your pick.

Edler Pietrangelo

Hutton Tanev

Hutton Guddy

MDZ, Stecher

Pouliot

Markstrom 

Nilson

With the rate we have scored this season, we could squeak into the playoffs with that lineup.

I would easily give up our 1st if we were adding a d man of that caliber. 

1 hour ago, oldnews said:

If the team wants a big right-handed shot from the point for the PP, a stable guy for the lefties coming up or more physicality, I'd say he's the guy.  Biega plays bigger than he looks but he simply isn't the presence that a 6'4" guy like Robert would be, plus Pouliot's too risky of a guy for my liking.  

I would easily trade Juolevi, Tanev, plus (non 1st rounder this year) for Pietrangelo. He'll be 29 in the middle of January but he is the type of player to have a lengthy and productive career. He has 1 more year at $6.5M and it will be worth it to extend him at John Carlson/Victor Hedman type of money (for reference, Carlson signed an 8 year $64M contract which will take him to age 36; Hedman signed an 8 year $63M contract which will take him to age 34). Pietrangelo at $8M/year for 6 or 7 years with a front-loaded contract would make our defense significantly better moving forward. We would have a bona-fide #1 defenseman to mentor Quinn Hughes AND we could use our 1st rounder this year to draft Bowen Byram, Cam York, or Philip Broberg.

6 hours ago, Pears said:

Schwartz would actually be perfect. Need a top LW more than a RW and he fits our age group. 

Yeah, and he fits our "guys constantly on I/R" group too.

Phenomenal player, but can't stay healthy. That isn't likely to get better with age. Pass.

To STL: Juolevi + Gaudette + 2nd 2019 + 2nd 2020

To VAN: Parayko

To be clear, I don't think the chances are high that we could land Parayko for a package that doesn't include one of Horvat/Pettersson/Boeser/Hughes/Demko/1st(s), but this is probably the closest we could get. I'd even be willing to add someone like Goldobin or Lind to get it done. Parayko would be a significant addition to our blue line and really stabilize it moving forward. He'd make a great partner for Hughes as well. It's probably an overpayment, but it addresses a critical team need both now and long term. 

Archived