The Official Site of the Vancouver Canucks
Canucks Community

Rumor New Home and Away Jerseys for Canucks

Rate this topic

Squamfan

13 minutes ago, 73 Percent said:

Yeah, honestly I don't understand why everyone has a problem with "Vancouver" on the logo.

the funny part is, a lot of the people who don't like "Vancouver" on the team's logo had no problem with the "Canucks" being in the old skate logo.

1 hour ago, Roberts said:

the funny part is, a lot of the people who don't like "Vancouver" on the team's logo had no problem with the "Canucks" being in the old skate logo.

My issue is that it seemed like it was just slapped on the existing logo without much thought. It was poorly done IMO.

• Upvote 2

3 hours ago, Roberts said:

There a difference between having the team name in the crest(Canucks Skate, Oilers) or the entire wordmark inside(Maple Leafs, Capitals, old Jets) and having the city name arched over it.

• Upvote 2

unless they completely redesign the color scheme and logo.. i think i'm going to have a hard time with a canucks jersey in the current color scheme logo without the word vancouver on it.. the reddit rendition someone posted earlier looks even worse than the current jersey.. hard pass

15 hours ago, NUCKER67 said:

Apparently, this is (was) a concept for the new Seattle team (Sea Lions). Damn them, I love these uniforms. (not crazy about the front logo, but the rest of it is nice) 

Seattle-Sea-Lions-Concept.jpg.56cab2373b08a20ec4da2773f24cab26.jpg

Fan concept. Nothing official has come from the Seattle group yet.

• Cheers 1

4 hours ago, Bitter Melon said:

Fan concept. Nothing official has come from the Seattle group yet.

I'm thinking they'll have a similar colour scheme to the Sounders/Seahawks or I’m thinking a Green/Gold/Black theme given the leading team names left. Just guesses though

On 5/17/2019 at 5:16 PM, SynysterGates said:

Concept posted on reddit. Decent

IMG-20190517-WA0001.jpg

Why did the creator of this remove some of the white-stripes bordering the green?  I hope it's not because the team is doing this, the current striping configuration is perfect.

49 minutes ago, morgo said:

Why did the creator of this remove some of the white-stripes bordering the green?  I hope it's not because the team is doing this, the current striping configuration is perfect.

I'm not crazy about the lack of a white stripe either, but I also think the current striping pattern is completely lacklustre. 

• Upvote 2

4 hours ago, tas said:

I also think the current striping pattern is completely lacklustre. 

It has historical significance, it distributes the colours nicely and it looks classy & traditional.  How's that lacklustre?

Edited by morgo
  • Upvote 1

54 minutes ago, morgo said:

It has historical significance, it distributes the colours nicely and it looks classy and traditional.  How's that lacklustre?

If we want historical significance, let's go back to originals. The whites are fantastic.

Canucks01.png

Edited by SynysterGates
  • Like 2

On 5/22/2019 at 1:33 PM, Tiger-Hearted said:

There a difference between having the team name in the crest(Canucks Skate, Oilers) or the entire wordmark inside(Maple Leafs, Capitals, old Jets) and having the city name arched over it.

I think it looks nice, and it's a non-intrusive way of promoting the city (for better or for worse).

Honest question, how do you feel these logos (all with prominent city names) compare to having the city name above ours?

new-york-rangers-primary-logo  pittsburgh_penguins_1969-1972.pngquebec-nordiques-primary-logo-1973-1985boston-bruins-primary-logo-1927-1932

Edited by We Are All Cucks

On 5/22/2019 at 8:06 AM, SynysterGates said:

That would be pretty weak if they copied our colour scheme.

Agreed. Also, it would be pretty weak if they named themselves the Sea Lions. While I kind of like the name...maybe they should avoid naming themselves after the animal prey of their soon-to-be arch rival?

• Haha 2

4 minutes ago, SynysterGates said:

If we want historical significance, let's go back to originals. The whites are fantastic.

Canucks01.png

While I agree that the whites look good, great even, the blues are a huge downgrade from what we have now.  The number one rule of a blue, white and green scheme is that blue and green should never touch. 

Besides, it only took two seasons for the Canucks to ditch this striping configuration in favor of essentially what the team uses now.  A configuration that lasted 3 times as long and should have never changed in the first place.  The Canucks need some consistency and since they're modifying the logo they might as well keep the striping the same.

FFjbhRH.png

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, SynysterGates said:

Canucks01.png

24 minutes ago, morgo said:

While I agree that the whites look good, great even, the blues are a huge downgrade from what we have now.  The number one rule of a blue, white and green scheme is that blue and green should never touch. 

Besides, it only took two seasons for the Canucks to ditch this striping configuration in favor of essentially what the team uses now.  A configuration that lasted 3 times as long and should have never changed in the first place.  The Canucks need some consistency and since they're modifying the logo they might as well keep the striping the same.

FFjbhRH.png

I prefer the original set but both uniforms look great. I still prefer not inverting the Stick in Rink on the blues. Like how the Sabres and Islanders don't invert their respective crests.

van70.png___SQUARESPACE_CACHEVERSION=1285557970107.cf.png

20190523_203721.jpg

Edited by Tiger-Hearted
  • Upvote 2